Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

IIRC the "random" slot can be literally any item in the game aside from one-off super rares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Xerol posted:

IIRC the "random" slot can be literally any item in the game aside from one-off super rares.

So what you're saying is... Borgen's wheel might drop cutlasses and herbs.

:shepspends:

alecm
Aug 20, 2004

Lorraine, I'm your density. I mean . . . your destiny.
Today is Cecil day. Getting him to 60 suuucks. But after stacking up tens of thousands of animal carcasses outside his house, he's happy enough with me to share his super special recipe.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I maxed Cecil with yarn, ladders, and slimestone. I would give him bugs to keep from voiding them but otherwise he's one of the easier ones?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

a week of dumping yarn on him does the trick

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011
I made such good progress on Unexpected Visitor, but I burned through all of the reward stam juice and then some for the Langstaff Crest and came up with nowt. Brutal

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

H110Hawk posted:

I maxed Cecil with yarn, ladders, and slimestone. I would give him bugs to keep from voiding them but otherwise he's one of the easier ones?

I burned through far too many APs to yarn and leather him to death. I'm pleased that Rosalie's satisfied with 40 for her pies, because 60 blows hard.

(At least Lorn can drown in crustaceans when his day comes up.)

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

delfin posted:

I burned through far too many APs to yarn and leather him to death. I'm pleased that Rosalie's satisfied with 40 for her pies, because 60 blows hard.

(At least Lorn can drown in crustaceans when his day comes up.)

Yow, leather? So many masteries behind that. I just let craftworks yarn/ladder him, then slimestone as I did other stuff in whispering creek.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm chaining the quests for both the compass and the tribal mask atm and now everyone wants broccoli for the current quests. lucky I went with the juice waterfall upgrade the other day, so I should smash some out once the day ticks over in a few hours.

The tribal mask looks to be the easiest, smooth sailing once I get some broccoli as i have all the other items for the following quests.

It's the Parts Unknown quest chain that seems more annoying.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

H110Hawk posted:

Yow, leather? So many masteries behind that. I just let craftworks yarn/ladder him, then slimestone as I did other stuff in whispering creek.

Slimestone and Ladders barely moved his needle at all, even at 2x. Leather's plentiful from the Forest, which I needed a buttload of Straw from for Yarn, so... I almost GM'ed Leather in the process, I'm about 1500 short.

I haven't gotten a handle on the mastery process yet. I'm at Tower 58 and holding, 59 once Leather bumps over.

littleratbastard
Aug 18, 2018
Thank y’all for all the orange juice!!! This game is. Truly a delightful little timesink

alecm
Aug 20, 2004

Lorraine, I'm your density. I mean . . . your destiny.

delfin posted:

Slimestone and Ladders barely moved his needle at all, even at 2x. Leather's plentiful from the Forest, which I needed a buttload of Straw from for Yarn, so... I almost GM'ed Leather in the process, I'm about 1500 short.

I haven't gotten a handle on the mastery process yet. I'm at Tower 58 and holding, 59 once Leather bumps over.

I made the same judgement and fed him leather and yarn from the Forest, too, on a day with 2x experience. Access to Shrimp-a-Plenty (without having to beg) seems useful, but I'm not savvy enough to know how to compare the value against a few hundred points of AK. I suppose it'll all get done in the end anyway.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Did they increase the drop rate of raptor eggs? Got 4 in like 10k stamina, kinda crazy.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Xerol posted:

Yeah, I got some Easter Eggs from it near the end of last year.

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Can anyone spare a few breakfast boosts? ign serf swag

edit: got some, thanks!!

selan dyin fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Mar 5, 2023

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011

selan dyin posted:

Can anyone spare a few breakfast boosts? ign serf swag

edit: got some, thanks!!

Just happy to be able to pay something forward for once!

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
First vault with a single number

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

:toot:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is the best.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Woo! Unlocked tower level 130. Wow, never thought I'd get this high in the tower.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Funny, I just got past ATI 2's herb req's only to slam riiiiight into the honey req.

There's no way for me to quickly get honey outside of Level 5 Owl and EC, right. Maybe bear if I somehow hit 4x99 before getting 600 Honey.

I'm considering just knocking out Unexpected Visitor instead.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

widespread posted:

Funny, I just got past ATI 2's herb req's only to slam riiiiight into the honey req.

There's no way for me to quickly get honey outside of Level 5 Owl and EC, right. Maybe bear if I somehow hit 4x99 before getting 600 Honey.

I'm considering just knocking out Unexpected Visitor instead.

Yeah you might get lucky and borgen might have some like he did a month ago.

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs
I’ve hit a cheese wall at far away xxv and I’m not close to tower 139. I’m about 700 short if anyone’s past there and swimming in it. My little hedgehog is taking his sweet time

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

lol at this new achievement
Getting Cecil to 60 was annoying enough.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

rafikki posted:

Imagine the word "No" here in fifty-foot letters of fire.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

rafikki posted:

It would be less annoying if you could send stuff through the item detail page. Having to navigate back and forth through multiple nested pages while grinding stuff is just tedious and doesn't add to the gameplay.

Kind of like how the food buffs just seem too short by about half for the amount of time spent cooking them. I'm not saying it should be instant to cook things, but hours of inactive cooking time for 5 minutes of buff isn't my favorite thing.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I basically just consume food 2-4 at a time except for cookies. For manual fishing I do 8 mastery + 8 multi-catch and just let it rip.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

rafikki posted:

A mere 91 heart containers, with food and daily bonus buffs to friendship xp.

Edit: Lorn is probably the most feasible to do via normal human means. Glass orbs and iron cups from exploring, shrimp from fishing.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Is there anything to use ACs on other than the Wheel and the Wednesday camp? I'm swimming in these things.

That stupid wheel is mocking me. I find I'm 90 coins from maxing out so I should be just about maxed on Wednesday, great! I take my free spin on the wheel, 119 coins. Well dang, now I guess I have to spend some extra coins on a few spins - I spend 10 coins to get 19, then 20 to get 27. Stupid loving wheel, I'm trying to get rid of these coins!

e. Jesus Christ. Got some coins from PHRs, took a 60 coin spin on the wheel. 124 coin return.

bbcisdabomb fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 6, 2023

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
My friendship with Lorn is 85 and he‘s my highest. I think that‘s 1/3rd or less of the way to 99.

But if you really want the badge. Go get a couple hundred Breakfast Boost and get Frank to 99 on his bonus day, probably the cheapest and easiest. You‘ll get Carrot MM for free.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

- IN ALPHA: New 'House of Cards' location in Town

Somewhere to use the playing cards we’ve been getting for the last 6 months?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I'm so addicted to this game, and I blame Marcus the most.

He injected the heroin in me and now I can't stop.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

really irresponsible of you marcus

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

enabler

also add Farmhausen!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

with the craftworks, generating items eg. straw from the hay field, will still only max out at the max inventory yes?

for example if i had inventory space of 600, a hay field generating 700 per hour and i'm making lanterns in the craftworks, i'll still only get 600 straw out of that hay field wont i?

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011
How long did it take y'all to get the Langstaff Crest? As a metric, I'm at 491 monster skulls and still nothing

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

hambeet posted:

with the craftworks, generating items eg. straw from the hay field, will still only max out at the max inventory yes?

for example if i had inventory space of 600, a hay field generating 700 per hour and i'm making lanterns in the craftworks, i'll still only get 600 straw out of that hay field wont i?

Yes, I'm 99% sure it'll void the 100 straw. That is also why the new high level tower artifacts split some generations to two times a day, because you'd waste a lot of antlers at midnight.

Wayfaring Stranger posted:

How long did it take y'all to get the Langstaff Crest? As a metric, I'm at 491 monster skulls and still nothing

I got my first crest from A Wall In The Way IV. Am annoying grind but better than nothing.

I haven't had good luck with drops, but at least I'm pretty good at farming. I got a piece of heart after 6k watermelons, and I just had a gold potato drop at 21k mastery :toot:

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Bunch of freebie quests dropped to celebrate 250k addicts

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

To add, we now have a mini-event. +10% experience and silver, and...

:siren: MULTIPLE FISH PER HOOK IS BACK :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

widespread posted:

To add, we now have a mini-event. +10% experience and silver, and...

:siren: MULTIPLE FISH PER HOOK IS BACK :siren:

Yeah, I guess it’s time to get the merit badge, even though my wrist really doesn’t want me to.