Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

:dogstare:

Edit: :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/_ElizabethMay/status/1633127286680563712

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Imagine devoting your entire life, your fortune, and your ego to being king of twitter and then having someone just smash your teeth on with a tweet. Marvelous.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

hosed up to think of all the talent Musk just wiped his rear end with.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

No doubt.

Elon didn't know who the guy was. He thought it was a troll, like the Ligma and Johnson thing. When Halli said Figma, Elon 100% thought he caught the troll.

When he finally realized he hosed up, he doubled down as hard as possible.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The aggravating thing is that despite being the stupidest rear end in a top hat online he still won’t face any real repercussions and the people he wronged (like this dude) will have to expend a lot of effort to see any kind of justice or recompense whatsoever (and it will still not be enough).

I hope he gets some kind of real reckoning soon like exploded in a cybertruck or rear end cancer.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

kazil posted:

No doubt.

Elon didn't know who the guy was. He thought it was a troll, like the Ligma and Johnson thing. When Halli said Figma, Elon 100% thought he caught the troll.

And all his replyguys are cheering like the frothing-at-the-mouth guy from Avatar, and swarming to attack the guy and beat him into a pulp along with anyone else who boosts him.

ENEMY IDENTIFIED

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Sounds like he thought he was dealing with one of his usual IT thralls

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Figma balls Elon!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

kazil posted:

When Halli said Figma, Elon 100% thought he caught the troll.

sorry, but this is really stupid.

which is why it makes complete sense.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Musk spent billions of dollars so he could be Twitter's permanent main character. And like with almost everything else, this man actually had no clue what that actually entailed.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kazil posted:

No doubt.

Whoever is left in Twitter's legal and HR departments is probably reaching for the bottom-drawer whisky right now and praying Elon doesn't treble-down.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Musk spent billions of dollars so he could be Twitter's permanent main character. And like with almost everything else, this man actually had no clue what that actually entailed.

There's no such thing as bad publicity! :smuggo:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

So now he probably owes this guy millions for terminating his contract, right?

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

There Bias Two posted:

Absolutely.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

There Bias Two posted:

Yes if he was working for Google or Apple or Amazon or Microsoft. You know, companies that are trying to make stuff and have an actual competence and reason not to fire people on a "Do Not Fire" list.

Musk is going to run this company into the ground such that this guy will never see any money from it.

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

Yes if he was working for Google or Apple or Amazon or Microsoft. You know, companies that are trying to make stuff and have an actual competence and reason not to fire people on a "Do Not Fire" list.

Musk is going to run this company into the ground such that this guy will never see any money from it.

To be fair, "owes" and "has the ability to pay" are different things entirely.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
I'm curious to see if he's going to try and quietly delete these tweets later like he's done so many other times, or if he's going to triple or quadruple down.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Strong Sauce posted:

Ah, so now we know the master plan at work here.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I'm curious to see if he's going to try and quietly delete these tweets later like he's done so many other times, or if he's going to triple or quadruple down.

option c: pick a fight with someone new

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

My favourite thing was getting to the bottom of that thread, seeing the box for 'show additional replies that may contain offensive content' and its literally 1 tweet saying 'Elon is so dumb'.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Props to the army of Elon stans in an endless chant of "there's actually a lot of nuance in the emerald mine thing" in the replies, doing the lord's work

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Lets see him get out of this one

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

What, the guy who didn't read the legal agreement that forced him into buying this company doesn't read or understand legal agreements failed again to read and heed?

Piss Creep posted:

Lets see him get out of this one

Him failing to get out of things is why he was forced to buy Twitter in the first place

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Going and quietly deleting would be so pointless at this stage with how far it's already spread, so yeah quite possible he'll try it.

kazil posted:

option c: pick a fight with someone new

This is probably the most likely though. Dude just loves being an rear end in a top hat.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Hes just going to disappear or die mysteriously.

I think there's still a few higher more ridiculous peaks, some final cranked to 12 off the chart peak to climb before that happens.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I have to imagine he's desperately searching for any dirt on the Icelandic guy so he can triumphantly return fire and call him a pedo or some poo poo

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
"Well you see... I actually...unbeknownstly... implanted Grimes with the Neuralink"

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Konar posted:

I have to imagine he's desperately searching for any dirt on the Icelandic guy so he can triumphantly return fire and call him a pedo or some poo poo

Matt tabibi comes back to tell us the guy jaywalked once, and he once got a speeding ticket so nothing he says should be taken at face value

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Konar posted:

"This man voluntarily paid more taxes than he had to!"

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

TyrsHTML posted:

To be fair, "owes" and "has the ability to pay" are different things entirely.
I really want to see Twitter's balance sheet because all those terminations cost money and require time to pay out in savings, but all the non-renewal of ad contracts is an immediate loss of revenue. Any cash on hand at the time of the merger would have been raided to pay for the acquisition. Financially Twitter must be running on fumes.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

he's still doubling down on this

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1633147320056557569

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

kazil posted:

No doubt.

gently caress, of course this is probably what happened.

It's actually kind of comforting to know that despite all of my own personal issues, I will never be as broken or stupid as the world's richest man.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Please everyone keep in mind Elon is not mad here

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol he's lost Doge avatar guy #2

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
"He says he's disabled but can't find a record of him winning a single medal in the Paralympic Games."

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Thank u Elon for showing these lazy disableds what real work looks like

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I wonder if musk had behaved differently if the first reply to "what did you do here" was "my contract says that if I ever get terminated my severance package is $100 million so gently caress you it doesnt matter what I did, what matters if I am fired or not"

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Already gone please screenshot tweets people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

big black turnout posted:

Already gone please screenshot tweets people