Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

its true, this squirrel is eating better than me. skabayeva has all the scoops, western societies in starvation rations

edit: a shameful snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Really a shame Ukraine doesn't really have a navy because I bet Semen here would be one helluva submarine commander.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

What does Kryvonos translate to, I gotta know

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Please, eating squirrel would be an upgrade over typical British cooking

Source - I am British.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Pretty good Winnie the Poo cosplay, squirrel, I hope you're practicing your 'Oh, bother' while you wait on your red t-shirt to get delivered.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

HonorableTB posted:

its true, this squirrel is eating better than me. skabayeva has all the scoops, western societies in starvation rations

edit: a shameful snipe

British children are starving in the streets so this squirrel can grow fat. Shameful

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Pile that onto the rest of the claims about Europe and America suffering, like that one about rationing in America. lmao.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

lmao at Solovyov looking more and more gaunt lately as reality dawns after a year of spouting absolute bollocks.

Feb 2022:

Mar 2023:

HonorableTB posted:

this guy is going to get erased so hard it's gonna look like that photo of Stalin with the guys he had liquidated and edited out of the shot

:thunk:

Squirrel has always been available in some restaurants here. There are millions of the bastards, we'd be stupid not to eat them.

Burns
May 10, 2008

This has been the theme from the get-go basically.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Toxic Mental posted:

Hooked nose

(I am serious)

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

zone posted:

Pile that onto the rest of the claims about Europe and America suffering, like that one about rationing in America. lmao.

Somehow we can afford animal brothels and constant gender reassignments, but not real people food. I'm starting to think they might be lying.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Toxic Mental posted:

„Crooked nose”, I poo poo you not

Edit: beaten like a Russian armored column at Vulhedar

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

zone posted:

It would absolutely be in everyone's interest to prevent such things from happening. I believe Ukraine understands such situations and will ask for assistance in determining how to approach the situation, while permitting neutral observers and assistance to help with the process.

oh absolutely. obviously it’s difficult to do so, but the Ukrainian government seems to be honestly invested in making sure their fighters don’t go down that road and it’s incredibly commendable. that kind of leadership only comes from the top too.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Really a shame Ukraine doesn't really have a navy because I bet Semen here would be one helluva submarine commander.

Semen's seamen?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Solovyov’s wealthy, beautiful, Londoner son must be eating such exquisite squirrels in the see-and-be-seen cafes and nightclubs.

Hopefully someone can overnight him a fishbloc to provide adequate sustenance in these trying days. Fashionable, on-trend fish only though. Or timeless ones like a birkin fish.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Britons are so poor they are eating pigeon!!!!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Actually brits are so weak and effeminate that squirrels regularly eat them for snacks

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Why would you need to invent lies about shameful and disgusting British food?

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I'm vegetarian, so probably off the hook, but as someone who has ate Findus boil in the bag curries in the past, I wouldn't say for certain that I *haven't* eat squirrel.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Propping up Ukraine has so impoverished the UK that they are reduced to eating British food.

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006
I screwed your grandma and all I got was this lousy custom title... and herpes
Non-zero chance that someone in Russia's propaganda centre mistook Friday Night Dinner for a documentary.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I'm British and suddenly realising how weird it is we don't eat squirrels given how much people viscerally hate them (the forrin grey ones at least).

Do they taste bad? I figure they are probably like nutty rabbits.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Hey now, us Brits have some decent food out there. 99% of the country don't know what salt is though so they are already lost.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

squirrels are too small, I’d have to slaughter millions to start up my squirrel meat taco food truck in London, and I ain’t got time for that.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lord Stimperor posted:

Semen's seamen?

I think that's called a bukkake

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I'm British and suddenly realising how weird it is we don't eat squirrels given how much people viscerally hate them (the forrin grey ones at least).

Do they taste bad? I figure they are probably like nutty rabbits.

I assume like most game it depends on what the squirrels eat. Ones living off forage in woodlands are probably fine, ones gorged on nuts and fruits are probably delicious. Ones that raid dumpsters not so much.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
mmmm Venison

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

You are what you eat and five day old tikka masala, half eaten Gregg's and bin juice is not a good thing to be.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

stonko! Cukoce estvmin likv?

Putin's hvtekpikv, real tradish.

fatherboxx posted:

Hooked nose

(I am serious)

So basically "Cameron"

Karma Comedian fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 7, 2023

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Tai posted:

mmmm Venison

In spring, Altai red deer horns, or antlers, grow at an enormous rate of several centimeters a day. At this moment the antlers are not yet ossified, they are soft and full of blood. Extract from these horns is said to have a therapeutic effect (people supposedly benefit from antler baths), so there is a whole industry for the extraction of pantocrine . For this purpose, red deer are tied or clamped on a special machine, lifted so that they hang helplessly, and the living horns are cut off — often with an ordinary hacksaw. Animal rights activists compare the experience of animals to the torture of pulling out a person’s fingernails.

---

Sergei Shoigu, the then head of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, was the first person in the Russian elite to become interested in antler baths. In the mid-2000s, Shoigu brought Putin to Altai for the first time, convincing him of the benefits of this treatment, which supposedly improves the cardiovascular system and rejuvenates the skin . On one of his trips, Putin, who was starting to think more about his health, immersed himself in a bathtub containing an odorant extract from blood-filled deer antlers. An acquaintance of the president claims that he had been warned that there is no conclusive evidence of the benefits of antler baths. But Putin liked it, and since then he has revisited Altai multiple times .

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
My fiancee has a British cookbook and theres an entire section devoted to beans on things beans shouldn't be on

Karma Comedian posted:

Putin's hvtekpikv, real tradish.

:laugh:

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 7, 2023

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

You are what you eat and five day old tikka masala, half eaten Gregg's and bin juice is not a good thing to be.

are we still talking about brits?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

HonorableTB posted:

My fiancee has a British cookbook and theres an entire section devoted to beans on things beans shouldn't be on

like baked beans or other beans?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Actually it gives you scrapie rabies cerebral salt-wasting syndrome.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

hemale in pain posted:

like baked beans or other beans?

all kinds of beans, some recipes specifically tlel you to use a heinz can and its vile

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

"ill have you know that's just standard British cuisine"

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1633150743371739139
:frogout:

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
https://twitter.com/DarthPutinKGB/status/1633073333792129024

https://twitter.com/DefMon3/status/1633136480888446976

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1633055836707725312

https://twitter.com/Seveerity/status/1633020850105352194

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1632890352175575040

https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1632824013868105733

Doctors not accepting bribes is pretty shocking tbh. THE sign that things are not going well

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

How many weeks until a proud war widow is photographed with a frozen brick of squirrels?