Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I completely forgot about the omicrons what's wrong with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Clerical Terrors posted:

"True Steel" for the 100 floor clear and "Once and Future King/Queen" for the solo 100 clear.

Will solo clearing 100 also get the “True Steel” title? I assume yes, but weirder things have a happened.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

some excellent cutscene skipping opportunities today

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Badger of Basra posted:

some excellent cutscene skipping opportunities today

why would you even post this

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Does doing Palace at cap give tomestones or would I be better off using the run to 50 to level one of my other jobs?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

It gives tomestones

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Okay cool, I'll just blast through that on GNB then, two birds with one stone

E: I know the level doesn't matter for in the dungeon itself, but it's a tank job I know very well so it should make it easier

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

It does give max level tomestones, but it’s really minor amounts compared to just about anything else

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

How is the exp gain for sub 90 jobs? I have only 3 jobs left below 90 and this might be a good way to do the final push!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/TheGayViera/status/1633046105523888128?t=vc0V8-Hq3wAWhwOG1CX6Pg&s=19

Rip

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Mainwaring posted:

How is the exp gain for sub 90 jobs? I have only 3 jobs left below 90 and this might be a good way to do the final push!

Its basically nothing above level 60 for POTD.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lmao

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

What were people expecting? Are they upset that they didn't replace the ears because that was never going to happen, or are people upset that they didn't have Veira do the animation with their own ears becasue that was also never going to happen

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

People seem upset that the emote uses a fake set of ears instead of the actual ears of the viera, but, like... there's ear styles, like the floppy ones, that doing that obviously would not work for. I'm not sure what people were expecting.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Viera ears aren't real

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Yeah no clue, but people are incensed

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

drat i was going for the rpr relic but with how easy these steps are I definitely feel like double dipping for that sick Machinist revolver...

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Astroniomix posted:

Its basically nothing above level 60 for POTD.

I'm specifically asking about the new one

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Arist posted:

People seem upset that the emote uses a fake set of ears instead of the actual ears of the viera, but, like... there's ear styles, like the floppy ones, that doing that obviously would not work for. I'm not sure what people were expecting.

They should have just made it so Viera couldn't use the emote

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Arist posted:

Going by the negative posts they expect the dev team to dedicate 100% resources on motion caoture to make their character animate in the exact way they imagined to.

...hyperbole aside, it's really telling how many people have no idea how proggraming works on a business level. And it doesn't help the devs do have some issues like Viera headgear that could be solved by just accepting clipping because a bunch of the fans wouldn't care and it's not like they don't already have massive clipping in many places.

Mainwaring posted:

Then you'd have outrage about one race not having access to it, which tbf would be kinda justified.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 7, 2023

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mainwaring posted:

I do wonder how Viera in-universe would feel about it.

The fake bunny ears too. Not from the emote, but the head accessory.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

There's TWO video game chiptuney remixes this patch, one for the Lopperits and one in the new Hildy quests and I'm going to be very upset if I can't get both of them as a reward

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh my god, Grenoldt and Mowen's relationship is just as much of a disaster as Gerolt and Rowena's, but for a completely different reason. :allears:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mainwaring posted:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Vieara

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

I do wonder how Viera in-universe would feel about it.

The fake bunny ears too. Not from the emote, but the head accessory.

lv80 gnb story

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Onean posted:

That was a popular theory that gained traction back in StB due to that cutscene, yeah. Unfortunately, during some Q&A the devs said that, no, mechanic markings are not due to the Echo. They're purely gameplay conceits.

It's a shame, it'd make a lot of sense to make it that way.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Onean posted:

That was a popular theory that gained traction back in StB due to that cutscene, yeah. Unfortunately, during some Q&A the devs said that, no, mechanic markings are not due to the Echo. They're purely gameplay conceits.

the author is dead

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I completely forgot about the omicrons what's wrong with me

Then you've missed out on Barista at the End of the Universe

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

God, I noticed Nashu's loving stalker disguising himself as a bush during the newest Hildibrand quests

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cleretic posted:

Probably Orthos Hairstyle:

Does anyone know how time consuming it'd be to get these? I've never touched any of the deep dungeon stuff

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Viera ears aren’t rigged with animation bones so there was no way they were going to use their own ears.

It still looks bad though.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Viera ears are a hat

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

World War Mammories posted:

the author is dead

That works for themes and motifs, but not so much for the mechanics of the world

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Does anyone know how time consuming it'd be to get these? I've never touched any of the deep dungeon stuff

the hairstyle drops from accursed horde bags in deep dungeon - most likely the higher quality ones found in the later floors.

the good news is it's tradeable, if you're prepared to spend a lot of cash.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Macaluso posted:

What were people expecting? Are they upset that they didn't replace the ears because that was never going to happen, or are people upset that they didn't have Veira do the animation with their own ears becasue that was also never going to happen

From what I've seen, mostly the latter

IMO anyone who's throwing a baby bitch fit about it is a boring-rear end killjoy, it's funny as gently caress IMO.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

From what I've seen, mostly the latter

IMO anyone who's throwing a baby bitch fit about it is a boring-rear end killjoy, it's funny as gently caress IMO.

"boring-rear end killjoy" seems to describe most of FF14 twitter

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

New Hildibrand: "Oh, wow, we're actually getting a solo instance fight in one of these? Better dust off one of my DPS and-- ...Why doesn't it have a recommended/forced ilvl sync?

"...oh.

"...ohhhhh" :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Regalingualius posted:

New Hildibrand: "...ohhhhh" :unsmigghh:

That was the most singularly :vince: as gently caress moment in a long rear end time. I was hootin' and hollerin' and laughing my rear end off the entire duty.