Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Transformers that are bicycles instead of cars so you can drive one when you’re too young for a license

Edit: I recognize and stand by this page snipe.

Grassy Knowles has a new favorite as of 17:36 on Mar 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The bicyclotron transforms into a stick figure

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grassy Knowles posted:

Transformers that are bicycles instead of cars so you can drive one when you’re too young for a license

Edit: I recognize and stand by this page snipe.

That guy exists

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Those things are no joke, they're for precision assassination kills. Iirc, it's some deal like you could take out someone in a car with one, and the person sitting next to the target would be unscathed.

Well, physically anyway, probably some mental trauma from seeing the other guy get pulped and diced by a missile penetrating the car.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

It's a Slap Chop for people

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Phy posted:

That guy exists

Also there's a go-bot who's a scooter.

How much must that suck. Not only are you a go-bot but you're not even one of the missile trucks or whatever. That guy over there is a fighter jet and you're not allowed on motorways.

Splicer has a new favorite as of 18:23 on Mar 7, 2023

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Tree Bucket posted:

Someone should write a list where they rank all types of fairies by how untrustworthy they are. It can be called Shifty Grades of Fey

:golfclap:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Splicer posted:

Also there's a go-bot who's a scooter.

and he's like the main bad guy

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Kit Walker posted:

lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Platystemon posted:

Santoku

Bolster

0/10 let company use it on granite if they want;
toss it when dull

j/k it’s dull from the box

YOU SAID IT WOULD BE DULL I COULDNÄT FIND MY SHOE HORN NYW IM BLEODNG I CND; E:AR.fa vc

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Kit Walker posted:

Vince here with Raytheon bringing you another SLAPPIN' invention!

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

(Aside) Vince: They make the best stuff

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Kit Walker posted:

You’re gonna love my nuts!

I’ll forget my own name before I forget this https://youtu.be/-gLOALCvlMI

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hahaha

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Nice. Reminds me of the quote in the other thread where James Cameron made the bad terminator robot in T2 a cop because cops are hosed up and bad

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Those things are no joke, they're for precision assassination kills. Iirc, it's some deal like you could take out someone in a car with one, and the person sitting next to the target would be unscathed.

Not quite that precise:

Unless I'm mixing up events here, this is an image from when one was used on a vehicle in Yemen, and the missile killed three people inside the car. Maybe there was a fourth with the best luck in the universe, but it doesn't look like you're getting away unscathed from that. The blades seem to cover the same area as all four carseats.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Still, better than a conventional Hellfire missile, which would annihilate the whole car and injure or kill anyone near it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And all this time I thought Robert Evans' jokes about Raytheon's knife missiles were just a bit

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
it should have been a spork missile, it could have been way more useful.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You know what that needs. Chainsaws. I mean honk horns. They need honk horns haha Raytheon did you hear that, I said honk horns

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Deploying a 1.2 billion us dollar inflatable spank hammer that goes "honk"

That'll show em

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

Hyperlynx posted:

Still, better than a conventional Hellfire missile, which would annihilate the whole car and injure or kill anyone near it.

I don't know, that car looks pretty totaled to me.

At least Lockheed got paid to make a dumb thing, and in the end that's what matters :v:

It must have been pretty hard to keep a straight face while trying to sell the 2 meter missile that can definitely hit only the target and no random bystanders enemy combatants.

Esran has a new favorite as of 23:10 on Mar 7, 2023

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
The wedding missile.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Chitin posted:

The wedding missile.

obama just enjoyed cutting his own cake so much, he wished to leverage his platform to engage with it more

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Esran posted:

I don't know, that car looks pretty totaled to me.

At least Lockheed got paid to make a dumb thing, and in the end that's what matters :v:

It must have been pretty hard to keep a straight face while trying to sell the 2 meter missile that can definitely hit only the target and no random bystanders enemy combatants.

It's the second part of Hyperlynx's reply that's key. I think a regular warhead on a Hellfire missile has a kill radius of like 35 meters. If your guy is parked up next to a playground, the 'flying ginsu' is definitely a better option and a progressive development in missile technology.

... I can't believe I just said that, what bizarre times we're living in.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Mister Speaker posted:

It's the second part of Hyperlynx's reply that's key. I think a regular warhead on a Hellfire missile has a kill radius of like 35 meters. If your guy is parked up next to a playground, the 'flying ginsu' is definitely a better option and a progressive development in missile technology.

... I can't believe I just said that, what bizarre times we're living in.

I mean if you accept the premise that this world requires weapons and killing people sometimes, then you should at least want those weapons to be as targeted as possible and kill as few people as possible as painlessly as possible. If it were World War I, the missiles would be filled with mustard gas, killing a lot of people much more painfully.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

SyNack Sassimov posted:

I mean if you accept the premise that this world requires weapons and killing people sometimes, then you should at least want those weapons to be as targeted as possible and kill as few people as possible as painlessly as possible. If it were World War I, the missiles would be filled with mustard gas, killing a lot of people much more painfully.

I do generally accept that premise, but there's a whole other can of worms in there about whether there is a necessity to kill these particular people and whose business it is to carry it out, and the question therein of why a party from halfway across the world would want to take care of it. That's a conversation I don't want to go into in this, the Funny Pictures Thread.

Projectin' force all about the place. Just projectin' big thick ropes of force all over the world. Don't get it in the eyes though! That stings, and then everyone has a bad time.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

We're killing ourselves off anyway, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Posts like this is what happens when kids don't get a classical education.

:nms: for some people:

Kinds menu was great, three stars would eat again.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SyNack Sassimov posted:

This was supposed to be horrifying and unethical on its face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTx_qTwQqjU

But I'm like ... I mean ...

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Mister Speaker posted:

I do generally accept that premise, but there's a whole other can of worms in there about whether there is a necessity to kill these particular people and whose business it is to carry it out, and the question therein of why a party from halfway across the world would want to take care of it. That's a conversation I don't want to go into in this, the Funny Pictures Thread.

Modposting: If y'all could read this and move on from missile chat, that would be great. Thank you!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I apologize for continuing missile derail. Here is some content.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

He's lucky he was at full health or this wouldn't have worked. What's it from?

What if I hate both sides

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Any idea what this is from?

vvv tanks

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 02:59 on Mar 8, 2023

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I believe that is Hawk the Slayer

Edit: Wrong bad Sword and Sorcery movie, it is The Sword and the Sorcerer.

muscles like this! has a new favorite as of 03:01 on Mar 8, 2023

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Pretty sure that's Albert Pyun's The sword and the sorcerer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

muscles like this! posted:

I believe that is Hawk the Slayer.

The Sword and the Sorcerer

The sword gets more silly: it has TWO sword that it can fire off like that. Then the center blade gets broken, and there's a short sword INSIDE that, just slide off the broken blade! AND the hero has an extendo blade inside his gauntlet!