Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

He deleted the "he's the worst" tweet lol, brain-dead freak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
We are entering the new age of shamelessness and learning just how toothless most of our regulators are if the transgressor says "lol, nah" and keeps ignoring their demands and doubling down.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Elon don't delete your tweets you're right about everything sir

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Ahahaha, he did a triple-down and delete combo. What a little bitch. Now question is, did he delete it because he actually had a shre dof decency, or did he feel bad for speaking rudely to one of his most loyal bootlickers?

Anyways,

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1633146660833624064?cxt=HHwWgIDUkYePjaotAAAA

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 7, 2023

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

figma balls

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

figma balls

Concerning.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

ben shapino posted:

Thank u Elon for showing these lazy disableds what real work looks like

the best part of this is that halli's salary was effectively an instalment plan for the buyout of his company, he's owed that money regardless of whether he was doing any work

now instead of paying him for the work he could do they have to pay him to do nothing at all

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

From not knowing him, or what he did in the company, to "he's the worst" in a few hours. This is just the most amazing meltdown, all because the guy asked politely if he still had a job. Elon simply couldn't stop escalating for literally no reason at all. I'm in absolute awe. It's like he got a sixer on these forums

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/JimRopp/status/1633149064660529153?t=P486h2Q2a-EHdS0EZz7guA&s=19

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Geisladisk posted:

You don't, Halli is definitely the best of us.

I mean, the government seems to give a poo poo about its people. We visited back in 2011, an amazing place.

I think at the time, the mayor of Reykjavik was a comedian who entered as a laugh and ended up winning the election. There was a free newspaper we'd read at the Hotel we stayed at that he wrote a column for that was hilariously dry.

I'm genuinely :munch: with this latest development with Twitter. Even more so than usual.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

No

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1633155636996485120

looks like it's going to be triple down

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

repiv posted:

the best part of this is that halli's salary was effectively an instalment plan for the buyout of his company, he's owed that money regardless of whether he was doing any work

now instead of paying him for the work he could do they have to pay him to do nothing at all

Elon isn't paying for rent, software licenses, or the promised severance pay to everyone he laid off
I doubt he's gonna fork out for this

I mean,
courts will rule in favor of honoring the contract

but if Elon can drive to value of Twitter to zero and declare the company bankrupt, then he doesn't have to pay anyone,
and that's why he's a brilliant entrepreneur

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Lmao holy poo poo

People still think this dude is a genius. I can't believe it!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Holy poo poo this is so pathetic

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/maddoxrules/status/1633131318791008258?t=jzlIwy0didPKLkO2JUlfCw&s=19

Even Maddox is on board hating elon

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

kazil posted:

looks like it's going to be triple down

"Correct.. which is why I took his bait, hook line and sinker"

"Let that sink in (Laugh emojis)"

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Steadiman posted:

From not knowing him, or what he did in the company, to "he's the worst" in a few hours. This is just the most amazing meltdown, all because the guy asked politely if he still had a job. Elon simply couldn't stop escalating for literally no reason at all. I'm in absolute awe. It's like he got a sixer on these forums
And presumably he asked because the internal lines of finding out are so dysfunctional there was no other way to get that info. It's a top to down indictment of how to not run any sort of organization, whether it's a billion dollar tech company or a Girl Scout Troop's cookie selling operation.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

I'm delighted by the fact that while he's getting dragged everywhere, he's currently scrolling and searching fervently for people speaking up in his defense because he's totally not mad.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

figma balls

Who the hell is Elon Musk

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
More like Elon Dont Trust

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Elon Musk
Donald Trump

Both hosted SNL.

Makes you think.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Strong Sauce posted:

Elon Musk
Donald Trump

Both hosted SNL.

Makes you think.

Burma shave

Nah, doesn't work.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

pretty hosed up that Elon messed up so bad we aren't even talking about the massive amount of J6 conspiracies he's retweeting

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Musk patently doesn't give a poo poo about lawsuits, though, perhaps even relishes them, particularly if there is the potential or even just the suggestion that they might save some money going down that route vs actually doing the right thing.

Given the sums of money likely involved in that acquisition-paid-as-salary you can bet your life that Elon "fancy buying a pot plant?" Musk and Twitter Inc will just spin it out in court for years.

Musk doesn't seem to face any consequences for anything, much like any sufficiently rich person. Once this Icelandic guy disappears from the news cycles it'll just be him vs the billionaire bitch boy, and we've all seen how that plays out..

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
^^^ sadly completely correct

bootlicks hooting and hollering in agreement with people getting fired despite knowing nothing about them are the absolute worst

the lack of empathy just makes me physically recoil in disgust

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

“Correct, I am being duped into paying someone I don’t want to pay even more money. Why, I’m even doing it with this tweet!”

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1633159188787658757

just gonna longpost through it

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Durzel posted:

Musk patently doesn't give a poo poo about lawsuits, though, perhaps even relishes them, particularly if there is the potential or even just the suggestion that they might save some money going down that route vs actually doing the right thing.

Given the sums of money likely involved in that acquisition-paid-as-salary you can bet your life that Elon "fancy buying a pot plant?" Musk and Twitter Inc will just spin it out in court for years.

Musk doesn't seem to face any consequences for anything, much like any sufficiently rich person. Once this Icelandic guy disappears from the news cycles it'll just be him vs the billionaire bitch boy, and we've all seen how that plays out..

I’m guessing Musk will hope that either this guy dies or Twitter dies before he has to pay out the severance. Will likely pay more to outside counsel to gently caress with the guy than just paying him.

Although who knows what the laws are like in Iceland. There’s only like 1000 people on that island so maybe the guy can ask his neighbor the President or King Judge or whatever to haul Twitter into Reykjavik court and own him quickly.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Maybe I’m being unfair, but at this point I assume everyone I see driving a Tesla is a crypto-bro, a small business tyrant or someone earnestly willing to tell you all about about age of consent laws.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Not even slowly shrinking into a corncob, but collapsing into one with the speed and force of a Type 1b supernova.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Almost Smart posted:

Maybe I’m being unfair, but at this point I assume everyone I see driving a Tesla is a crypto-bro, a small business tyrant or someone earnestly willing to tell you all about about age of consent laws.

Seattle must be like 90% of those people. Teslas are everywhere here, I feel like it's the car brand I see the most now.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

goatface posted:

Burma shave

Nah, doesn't work.

Thank You

For posting this

Few will Get it

They would regret it

If they Knew

Burma Shave

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I dunno, there is definitely an accepted way to fire someone for cause and just saying "he did no work lol" isn't really it.

But elon isn't really into acceptable ways of doing stuff

This just sucks because the guy is probably going to have a rough time getting what is owed him and it fires up elon's moron fans even more. Man, twitter's infrastructure can not possibly collapse fast enough.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Almost Smart posted:

I don't think that's exactly fair. There were a lot of people that bought Teslas before April last year when the twitter drama started. Musk was clearly an idiot and a "dogecoin" guy before then, but he was super easy to ignore and dismiss as not really affecting anything before he made himself the main character of everything.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"We don't know any of the many details about this guy and his rather unique circumstances that have come out in the last 12 hours, but here's a bunch of fanfiction about him. Anyway that said, Elon you still don't come off great here and this is coming from a place of love"

Just screaming and flailing like Kermit over here that Elon has it genuinely stuck in his head that the guy was a useless Office Space guy and that a bullet point like "led team to accomplish X" really means "played Solitaire while all my engineers did X"

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Superrodan posted:

I don't think that's exactly fair. There were a lot of people that bought Teslas before April last year when the twitter drama started. Musk was clearly an idiot and a "dogecoin" guy before then, but he was super easy to ignore and dismiss as not really affecting anything before he made himself the main character of everything.

There were a lot less choices for electric cars, then, too. I knew quite a few people who had the Nissan Leaf, liked it a lot but it was lacking range and oomph, so they went to a Tesla for their next car, when those were functionally your only options.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

What a stupid loving rear end in a top hat

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Musk does appear to have literally zero idea at all why there is an uproar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
yeah two Tesla owners I know are actively embarrassed by it now