Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Suplex Liberace posted:

it's mandatory to listen to the patreon shout outs this week. Tony does them and you find out where the ads went.

Or maybe you don't, brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol i guess bluewire finally listened to an episode

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

That this show made it like 4 weeks with ads is more than ever could have ever been expected

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hmmm, I assume when Daniel Cormier estolls how amazing WrestleMania is, he will get similar criticism from this person.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

we were supposed to do ad reads *all of them laugh*

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The 2K/NXT story on deadlock is pretty good too. I love how James is trying his hardest to not bury the game and NXT and the trip that I'm sure was all on 2K's dime but it sounds like that game's kinda poo poo and NXT is also kinda poo poo.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

*strokes fu manchu* hmm i dunno brother, this run sheet says bubba is part of aces and eights

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

"i always do the right thing brother"

"you have never done the right thing ever. even when you did the right thing like put warrior over that ended up being the wrong thing!!"

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Who's going to be Russel Mael?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Suplex Liberace posted:

we were supposed to do ad reads *all of them laugh*

I mean, probably good that they didn't (brother), since they would've blown away the quality of the ad break ads which all sound like they were recorded in a bathroom. :v:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

if they want ad money, kushy dreams, bluechew, and ridgewallet are the ones to go to for "will not give a single gently caress about what you say or do as long as you say maybe half of the copy"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
DPW for Super Leaf Kratom.

DPW for BetDSI

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1633285167451348992

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I know it's an old saying that the wrestlers are the biggest marks, but lol if most wrestlers really believe the general public thought wrestling was real "in the good ol days".

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1633282613527072769?s=20

that rules

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I can easily imagine both that it was widely known among children that wrestling was scripted and that many adults believed that it was real

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

thinking about Ole Anderson and that newspaper poll that said like 90 percent of people thought it was fake

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think at best people believed in the magic a little more. It's fake... But what if?

But really everyone knew.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

what a worker

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1633347586328510465

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gumball Gumption posted:

I think at best people believed in the magic a little more. It's fake... But what if?

Quite often when Karl Stern does one of his breakdowns of wrestling from back in like the 1930s he's reading contemporary newspaper articles that straight up talk about how wrestling is fake and how the people in the crowd are fully in on it and don't give a poo poo because they're having a good time.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

Quite often when Karl Stern does one of his breakdowns of wrestling from back in like the 1930s he's reading contemporary newspaper articles that straight up talk about how wrestling is fake and how the people in the crowd are fully in on it and don't give a poo poo because they're having a good time.

The more things change the more they stay the same huh?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Granny with a solid review of Goldberg/Taker.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's fake until the main event. That one is real.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

I knew wrestling was fake, and then I saw highlights of the '94 Royal Rumble where Undertaker died on the TV and floated up into heaven and it sort of gaslit me into thinking "Well this is obviously bullshit but they're doing this in front of a massive live audience? Who seem to be eating it up?" and I think I got stuck in the same place ever since.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
WWF is fake but WCW was real, which is why you could watch smackdown on Saturday mornings but nitro was on late at night

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i love bryan so much

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I met a dude who told me wrestling was fake except Undertaker and Steve Austin were real because they refused to play along and that's why all the other wrestlers were scared of them. So not EVERYONE has always known it's fake, but the average baseline of human does.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Are the deadlock patron shoutouts new patrons only? Do people unsub then resub with wacky names to have them read aloud? I feel like Tony is uncomfortable when he's made to read them and they're all talking about unfurling his huge hog like a garden hose or whatever, he really sounds like he doesn't want to read those aloud. There's definitely a lot of funny ones but there's also a lot that are just too loving much.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

Do people unsub then resub with wacky names to have them read aloud?

Yes

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

explosivo posted:

Are the deadlock patron shoutouts new patrons only? Do people unsub then resub with wacky names to have them read aloud? I feel like Tony is uncomfortable when he's made to read them and they're all talking about unfurling his huge hog like a garden hose or whatever, he really sounds like he doesn't want to read those aloud. There's definitely a lot of funny ones but there's also a lot that are just too loving much.

anyone not james reading them sounds very uncomfortable

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I knew wrestling was fake until I saw that "Exposed: Secrets of Wrestling Revealed" and thought that was all bullshit too, so I imagine wrestling must be real now.

Never even seen one Stunt Granny.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

i love bryan so much

I'm sure it'll grow back in time for the match. But you just know he hesitated on cutting his hair thinking about how it'll look in the upcoming match.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Suplex Liberace posted:

anyone not james reading them sounds very uncomfortable

Yeah James leaning into it makes them funny in the moment but hearing Tony sheepishly trying to gloss over the insane ones while he's reading through them makes me think like, don't make these guys read this poo poo Tony's got kids lol. I also have to wonder if that doesn't rule into bluewire's decision to drop them when the first 15 minutes of the show are them reading people's insane patreon names and nothing seems to be off the table as far as what they're willing to read. It's a good segment I just think there's a lot of people who really want to get their high-larious bits in about tony's hog.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
We knew wrestling was fake but those cruiserweights diving to the outside can't be fake how do you fake that???

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
My wife doesn't like death match poo poo because it's real

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

We knew wrestling was fake but those cruiserweights diving to the outside can't be fake how do you fake that???

“HOW DO YOU LEARN TO FALL OFF A 20 FOOT LADDER?” ~ Jim Ross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

jesus WEP posted:

i love bryan so much

same