Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Kavros posted:

the anniversary of Freelancer allowing people to gaze through the looking glass at everything we already knew about Chris Roberts, Director

is exceptionally well timed

Nah, citizens do not care. For as long as money flows in the funding tracker and CIG and shills do shiny videos hiding the fact all is broken, and there are no actual reviews, the show will go on.

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
hello there, first of all its a shame what happened to our titanic. someone said 1 thing that not everyone can agree to 100% > ban. i was a bit shocked honestly.
then someone else says: "i thought she was such a good poster and then she says this? how could i be so wrong?"

well, if you think that a friend is only a friend if they agree with you 100% of the time, then maybe clone yourself?
or join the borg collective?

i might get banned and yes gimme the banhammer why not.
titanic was/is a cool person. she is a ship godammit! i'm a robot. what do we know.

anyway...cig should just get rid of quantum travel, that gives em some time to build systems while commandos travel at sublightspeed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nearest_stars_and_brown_dwarfs

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Come back, friends.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

BumbleOne posted:

hello there, first of all its a shame what happened to our titanic. someone said 1 thing that not everyone can agree to 100% > ban. i was a bit shocked honestly.
then someone else says: "i thought she was such a good poster and then she says this? how could i be so wrong?"

well, if you think that a friend is only a friend if they agree with you 100% of the time, then maybe clone yourself?

titanic was/is a cool person. she is a ship godammit! i'm a robot. what do we know.

anyway...cig should just get rid of quantum travel, that gives em some time to build systems while commandos travel at sublightspeed.

Wait she was banned ? I thought it was just a probation

Truly it is sad

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

She wasn't banned, she just stopped using the forums (or at least posting) after a bunch of people called her a nazi and said she should be killed. Or she's mad about being on such a ~~wOkE FoRuM~~ :iiam:

Bringing this conversation back up is a terrible, terrible idea however lol

Cutedge fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 8, 2023

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If any of you ever ventured outside this increasingly terrible thread you’d realise the wider forums have no tolerance for bigoted bullshit.

I’m surprised it even still exists given CIG haven’t done anything funny in years and it’s now 90% just reposting one specific idiot’s comments from Reddit and circlejerking over what a weirdo he is.

You’ve gazed too long into a particularly lovely abyss.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

rude.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I’m surprised it even still exists given CIG haven’t done anything funny in years and it’s now 90% just reposting one specific idiot’s comments from Reddit and circlejerking over what a weirdo he is.

This, but replace the phrase "CIG" with "Something Awful"

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

If any of you ever ventured outside this increasingly terrible thread you’d realise the wider forums have no tolerance for bigoted bullshit.

so what do i have to do to be in your cool club?

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
nice move, deleting the word "freaks" out of your post just in time.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

BumbleOne posted:

sure is a shame when someone outs themselves as being a transphobe and gets shouted out of the thread huh?

wait no, that kicks rear end

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 8, 2023

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

BumbleOne posted:

nice move, deleting the word "freaks" out of your post just in time.

Yeah I decided it was a little harsh to label everybody like that when it’s really just a few of you with a serious problem.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
It’s nice to have to skip their stupid posts anymore

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

If anyone is wondering why stuff like that results in an almost insta-probe I suggest you check out the rest of the forums, SA is not Reddit thankfully and doesn't suffer bigoted hot takes well.

Just quoting myself.

There's a reason "lurk more" is at the top of the forum rules, you're gonna eat a probe if you post here like it's Reddit.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Since I guess it needs saying again, trans rights are human rights, and I don’t think anyone here wants to read anyone’s opinions about how maybe trans people are actually in the wrong for wanting basic human rights.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

The Super-Id posted:

Since I guess it needs saying again, trans rights are human rights, and I don’t think anyone here wants to read anyone’s opinions about how maybe trans people are actually in the wrong for wanting basic human rights.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

BumbleOne posted:

not be a stupid bigot hth

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Really glad this subject was dredged up again so we can get more high quality posts like last time

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

HopperUK posted:

We don't allow bigotry here in Video Games even if the bigotry is sincerely held beliefs. If you don't like that, you can go post elsewhere on the internet. This is not up for debate.

Trans women are women. That is not a political statement. And it is not up for debate.

HopperUK posted:

Also bans and probations are different and mean specific things here on SA. Let's say what we mean.

Coming in to complain about Titanic being banned is so telling. Mods made this clear.

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral
Oh thread, you used to bring such warmth and comfort.

(I mean, not all the time.)

(Okay, maybe not most of the time.)

(Okay, maybe it's always been a daft thread. Happy?)

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

To be fair, the guy's like a real uber S-level loving weirdo. It provides some level of entertainment.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
I don't even know what this thread is anymore I'm just here to post cats and chew gum and I'm all out of gum :clint:

https://i.imgur.com/lbl8m10.mp4

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Thoatse posted:

I don't even know what this thread is anymore I'm just here to post cats and chew gum and I'm all out of gum :clint:

https://i.imgur.com/lbl8m10.mp4

You also appear to be out of cats, but that looks like a good doggo.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Would it help if we also talked about hotdogs and, uh, what was the third thing? A zombie game?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
I have to say I’m impressed by CIG’s strategy of releasing so little content that even us haters and FUDsters lose interest and start infighting. Top tier.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Unlike backers, we don't have Dreams to sustain us.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

Can't remember if I shared this before but sound:

https://i.imgur.com/TdgsdQw.mp4

Mellow_ fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Mar 8, 2023

Open Layer
Apr 16, 2008

Lurker here just chiming in with,

The Super-Id posted:

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

Dewgy posted:

not be a stupid bigot hth

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves!!!!

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
It has a been a dry spell without CI doing loud stupid poo poo

But i’m sure they are doing stupid poo poo without being public about it. We are just waiting for it all to blow up

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well with one patch a year, we can only gawk at the lack of progress. At least when there were few of these a year we could have been laughing at "known bugs" or features they added or cut from the product.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

BumbleOne posted:

Lots of people who joined SA in the late 20-teens to make mid jokes about star citizen have adapted to the culture of the forums. If you haven't maybe that's a you problem.

The Super-Id posted:

ty to everyone sticking up for trans people in here. i haven't been active here much since i started my transition but it's really nice to see this poo poo getting shut down in a place that was and still is very special to me <3

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 8, 2023

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

BumbleOne posted:

Yes, I would in fact cease being friends with someone who was a bigot. It's a pretty easy stand to take. Have some principles for gently caress's sake.

And it actually kicks rear end that Titanic was so shouted down that they have entirely stopped posting since being probed. She literally said that trans people shouldn't have rights because boy howdy, it sure muddies the water on what it means to be a woman.
Come on.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Are you a woman and worried about women's rights?

Wouldn't it be great if you had other (more) women that also want women's rights and would support you in your struggles?

Trans Rights are Human Rights.

If getting probated once for anti-trans rhetoric and that's your reason for abandoning SomethingAwful - good riddance. If only it was so easy for us to be rid of FYAD.

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Are you a woman and worried about women's rights?

Wouldn't it be great if you had other (more) women that also want women's rights and would support you in your struggles?
Why are you like this?

I used to be a transphobe, but being talked to like a retarded child really turned me around.

IAbsolveMyself
Feb 9, 2020
speaking of bad ships; how about that Antares, everyone? what a bad ship, am i right? can you believe streamers like BoredGamer got free early access? wow. like such a hot topic. the brown sea is abuzz.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The trick with Star Citizen is that every ship is bad.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Well seeing as the thread's gone to poo poo...

I don't agree with Titanic's position. But I understand that some women who've been victims of sexual assault, in particular, are going to feel that way regardless. Titanic felt safe enough in the thread once to discuss her own experiences in that area.

In that light this dog pile looks all kinds of crap to be honest. Her post wasn't worded with hate. But it may well have come from a place of fear. That kind of transphobia.

If this was a great place for discussing such things, then it would be great if it could be done better.

But it isn't, so back to the cats.

https://i.imgur.com/UPwZ2D8.mp4

PS congrats on your transitioning Cockroach Queen!

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Please now come with me on a relaxing journey

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlightedRespectfulLardVoteNay-jNaAPD_gKFbDcOvL

(wait for it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

um... thanks i guess