Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

ex post facho posted:

Once i got the grapple melee timing down (which is definitely still finicky) and realized it's not just a single target punch it's actually a large Strand AoE with a dot and stun it clicked

It also counts as melee and grenade for mods and bounties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I've gone my entire destiny career without ever hearing about a RADIAL MAST, and now that's all Osiris is yelling about on comms.
Like Osiris my dude, what in the gently caress are you talking about?

For real "radial mast" was said so frequently it should have been season of the radial mast.

Whatever the gently caress it was supposed to be. A plug in USB Bluetooth transmitter.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Kith posted:

there's a quote from ww2 that basically goes "we don't know what the enemy wants with this hill but we do know that they want it, and that's enough reason for us to deny them". don't need to know what a Radial Mast is, just that it's important to calus's plans and therefore worth destroying

My dude you deserve better

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I really liked the exotic machine gun mission even if it was just the raid. I'm a real sucker for everything Black Garden related. I know they're never going to explain anything about it but my headcanon is that it's some kind of super reality akin to the aboriginal dreamtime, and our universe is just a degraded hologram of it

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

My dude you deserve better

then why do you keep posting

<3

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

per our own General Battuta’s Books of Sorrow the Traveler famously left a Gift Mast for the Harmony a bazillion years ago.

Oryx fed on its Light and destroyed it and of course the Hive genocided the Harmony who lived in its radiance.

my sense is the Radial Mast is a shittier weaker replica (or otherwise reference to that) since the Witness needed a Light device to connect to the Veil, and there happens to be an existing Light Mast in the lore already. maybe they explain this somewhere but I haven’t had the time to pause my power grind and read all my lore tabs yet—need a free weekend

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Destiny 2: Lightfall killed my family

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

per our own General Battuta’s Books of Sorrow the Traveler famously left a Gift Mast for the Harmony a bazillion years ago.

Oryx fed on its Light and destroyed it and of course the Hive genocided the Harmony who lived in its radiance.

my sense is the Radial Mast is a shittier weaker replica (or otherwise reference to that) since the Witness needed a Light device to connect to the Veil, and there happens to be an existing Light Mast in the lore already. maybe they explain this somewhere but I haven’t had the time to pause my power grind and read all my lore tabs yet—need a free weekend

So a knockoff USB Bluetooth transmitter.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Do I have to beat the campaign on Legendary to get the new exotic?

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I'm crashin bad on terminal overrides and that new exotic mission, I have actually otherwise been enjoying playing recently as the narrative blunders of recent times matter to me as much as the narrative blunders of yore.

But we have to keep our complaints evergreen: the new Astrotracts ornament for warlocks is designed to go with the ugliest exotic in the game, and lights up like a magic item from morrowind? Why is this here?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

DancingShade posted:

So a knockoff USB Bluetooth transmitter.

Ya

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Also ya. You also get a full set of 1770 blues to infuse so it’s worth it on multiple levels tho

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

Progress enough into the lightfall campaign and you should eventually have a quest pop up, something like "any port in a storm."

I meant more how to get the gun itself. But it looks like you can only get it from buying the annual pass.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

My read of Calus not expecting Strand was more of a "he thinks the shadow legion are the only ones that can use Strand energy" then we come in grappling and slicing and "lol, lmao"img

Has Severance Enclosure always been a great exotic chest or did it get a big buff with LF? It's absolutely demolishing stuff on my void titan

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
As a Warlock on normal non-legendary mode, how do you keep Calus from yeeting you out of the arena during Phase 2?

And how do you dodge his seemingly undodgeable lunge attack? If you try to hide behind something, he just lunges around/over it. If you try to run away, he's... faster.

I love how Warlocks do not have access to Suspend until AFTER beating the campaign (because Bungie clearly planned this so loving well). I have found Strand to be a straight downgrade from Void 3.0 and will not be using it on Warlock, at least until I get access to Aspects and Fragments that might, possibly make it marginally less clearly inferior compared to Void 3.0 for Warlocks.

And a hearty gently caress YOU to whoever decided to not add a checkpoint after the first phase.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I meant more how to get the gun itself. But it looks like you can only get it from buying the annual pass.

Yep it's a money gun only for now. They want that sweet cash.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

No. It’s one way to get it. You can also get it from the lost sector rotation.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Kesper North posted:

As a Warlock on normal non-legendary mode, how do you keep Calus from yeeting you out of the arena during Phase 2?

And how do you dodge his seemingly undodgeable lunge attack? If you try to hide behind something, he just lunges around/over it. If you try to run away, he's... faster.

I love how Warlocks do not have access to Suspend until AFTER beating the campaign (because Bungie clearly planned this so loving well). I have found Strand to be a straight downgrade from Void 3.0 and will not be using it on Warlock, at least until I get access to Aspects and Fragments that might, possibly make it marginally less clearly inferior compared to Void 3.0 for Warlocks.

And a hearty gently caress YOU to whoever decided to not add a checkpoint after the first phase.

Warlock strand super should one shot him on normal I think. In phase 2 your job is dump strand nuts

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Warlock strand super should one shot him on normal I think. In phase 2 your job is dump strand nuts

It didn't for me, but I might very well have hosed up the execution and only hit him with some of the projectiles.

Will report back.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You can stay ahead of him by grappling in a big circle around the arena, it's the fastest way to move. Not very far ahead of him, but enough that he isn't punching you in the rear end and you can turn around and shoot him a bit

Lib and let die posted:

Has Severance Enclosure always been a great exotic chest or did it get a big buff with LF? It's absolutely demolishing stuff on my void titan

A lot more things count as powered melees in Light 3.0, it used to have a lot less utility because it required you to spend your melee

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
The spawn rate and duration of these string bond things is absolutely worth a Hague trial. Zero chance they play tested that.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Why yes, I would like yo stand motionless looking at nothing for 30-60 minutes for a thing to spawn in a very out of the way place while it exists for what says 30 seconds but is very much maybe 10. Twice.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Basic Poster posted:

The spawn rate and duration of these string bond things is absolutely worth a Hague trial. Zero chance they play tested that.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

haveblue posted:

You can stay ahead of him by grappling in a big circle around the arena, it's the fastest way to move. Not very far ahead of him, but enough that he isn't punching you in the rear end and you can turn around and shoot him a bit

it also does a fair amount of damage if you grapple into melee

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

It most definitely does not one-shot him. It takes off less than 1/4 of his health.

Worthless rear end subclass

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kesper North posted:

It didn't for me, but I might very well have hosed up the execution and only hit him with some of the projectiles.

Will report back.

I did it a few days ago, and got booped off the level a few times before having an attempt where I punched him twice then hit him with a parasite grenade and he died instantly. I have no idea why.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Kesper North posted:

Witherhoard, autoloading rocket, and never stop running around the outside of the center ring in phase 2 on the far side of the little columns. I had a shitload of trouble not getting booped off the map in phase one, but when I just decided to focus on Calus and mostly ignore everything else including tormenters and just keep running, I one shot him.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Kesper North posted:

I have found Strand to be a straight downgrade from Void 3.0 and will not be using it on Warlock, at least until I get access to Aspects and Fragments that might, possibly make it marginally less clearly inferior compared to Void 3.0 for Warlocks.
Warlocks get an amazing threadling build. Add the threadling grenade, and any fragments that add new ways of creating threadlings. I'm creating threadlings right now and I'm not even logged in.

Threadlings.

Kesper North posted:

I just sprinted round the outside until my grapple came back up and then grapple meleed him down, throwing the occasional super at him. Just keep moving and make sure the tormentors are definitely dead before starting phase 2.

Someone earlier suggested hitting him with witherhoard and legging it as well.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

3 second cooldown on swarm grenades in mayhem

i am getting spite-supered and bagged constantly because i'm just constantly littering the map with drones

i don't think i've fired my gun once and i've gotten a 2.5-3.0 k/d on the past three matches

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Kesper North posted:

It most definitely does not one-shot him. It takes off less than 1/4 of his health.

on phase 2? even on legendary the strand super hits harder than that on phase 2

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Kesper North posted:

- use quicksilver storm, its grenades are considered strand

- use osteo striga+necrotic grips, poison spread is mega op

- you can "lightblade" the tormentors by jumping from catwalk->platform->catwalk (they'll be constantly stuck in the jumping animation to chase you and won't be able to dps); bring rockets and witherhoard and plink away at calus if you use this strategy

- if you use stasis turrets or bring a friend using stasis turrets they will completely lock down the tormentors and you can ignore them the entire fight

- if you get booped don't panic, the grapple length to tangle is huge as long as it is close in your sights. try to only tangle grapple to keep the ability up for emergency melee or escape

- the back of the platforms are solid and you cannot fall off them

- technically if you rotate and kill the incendiors you never have to jump on the catwalks at all. just try to ignore the tormentors, avoid jumping/grappling and plink calus when you can. Again. Poison and DoTs help a ton with this

- in phase 2 it's just a dps race. try to save a super use before you take off the last bit of health to enter phase 2, then immediately super and heavy

good luck! you got this guardian :rznv:

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Mar 8, 2023

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Zokari posted:

on phase 2? even on legendary the strand super hits harder than that on phase 2

Yeah I dunno what’s going on there.

Maybe there’s a bug on death for this just like mods? Lol my strand super aced his fat rear end.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I've never successfully gotten Necrotic Grips to drop. I eventually just straight up quit doing solo Legendary Lost Sectors because it was one of the least fun ways to spend my time I've ever found. Mega stressful and time consuming with low or, in my case, no return. I've given up on ever getting a new Bungie exotic until they stop gating them behind Legendary content, which seems to be entirely beyond me as a player. :sun:

I did succeed in killing Calus. I hid under the stairs to kill the Tormentors and get through phase 1. I then hit him with the Strand super (doing roughly 1/4 of his health, or slightly less, in damage). Finally, I finished him off with a void LMG. The kicker for me was always the eternally long and easily interrupted load time for the LMG, which needs two magazines to kill one Calus after he eats a super.

Whoever pointed out the ample grapple points in the arena had the key: it's clear the encouter was specifically designed to force you to use those grapple points to evade Calus. With them, I was able to kill him fairly easily.

Thanks for all the help folks!

Yeah I dunno what’s going on there.

Maybe there’s a bug on death for this just like mods? Lol my strand super aced his fat rear end.

I tested it 3 times. The amount of damage done by Warlock super was consistent each time! :sun:

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 8, 2023

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Thinking about pulling a loving Khostov out in the final cutscene when Osiris says “get your ghost out of there” instead of Strand Grappling it or transmitting it or 69 million other options

Just lol

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
That's what they get for leaving sniper rifles to go fallow for multiple seasons :v:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Thinking about pulling a loving Khostov out in the final cutscene when Osiris says “get your ghost out of there” instead of Strand Grappling it or transmitting it or 69 million other options

Just lol

We can't even shoot hive ghosts.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Kesper North posted:

I've given up on ever getting a new Bungie exotic until they stop gating them behind Legendary content, which seems to be entirely beyond me as a player. :sun:
Bunker E15 on Europa used to be the go-to because its shields were the same element as the burn and the robits would distract the adds. As long as you take Le Monarque to deal with the overload champs I found it farmable, and I definitely struggle in most difficult content.

However they've revamped the difficulty on lost sectors so... No idea how doable they are now, no idea if E15 is still easier than the others. Also I'm nowhere near high enough light to find out.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

For “Into the Fray”, does throwing a tangle count as destroying it, or do you have have to shoot it?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
They're extremely doable with the right load outs imo. With the aforementioned osteo and necro grips I did a master lost sector at 1795. Wasn't fun but did it. Legendary is also ezpz with em.

The shackle grenade is ridiculous and locks down any champ type. You don't even need mods

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Bunker E15 on Europa used to be the go-to because its shields were the same element as the burn and the robits would distract the adds. As long as you take Le Monarque to deal with the overload champs I found it farmable, and I definitely struggle in most difficult content.

However they've revamped the difficulty on lost sectors so... No idea how doable they are now, no idea if E15 is still easier than the others. Also I'm nowhere near high enough light to find out.

That's the one that I burned out on trying :v:

I'll probably try them again with the new content but everything I've found says they've doubled down and made the fuckers harder, not easier.

...Did Ikora just accuse me of disloyalty? Daaaaaaaaaang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Disconnected in the middle of the enter codes part of the exotic quest, so now I have to start that over and god do I not want to.

Every single loving encounter in Lightfall is made "engaging" by infinite spawns and excruciatingly long no-respawn sections. Whoever designed these missions is a total hack who's out of ideas and it's really loving grating.