Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

lisa sounds like an elderly woman trying to imitate a child's voice (for some reason!), and poor julie kavner sounds like the loving cryptkeeper

Seriously. I watched the new Tree House of Horror when it came out and it was probably my first new Simpsons in 5+ years. Kavner's Marge is completely gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Waiting for Fox to fire the cast and use AI voices for new episodes. They would probably sound better than the current state of the cast.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I genuinely expect that to happen, give them a nice fat paycheck for the voice likeness and deepfake it. They know the cast is getting old and how much money they're demanding at this point versus extremely small returns. I also think Fox is just keeping the show going to 1) anchor their Sunday night lineup and 2) keep Bart Simpson vaguely in the public consciousness so they can continue to make insane money selling simpsons crap.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Last time the VAs complained and tried to get better funding, the execs basically trotted out the backup VAs they had and said 'yeah we alrady have people to replace homer's or bart's or lisa's voice if their VAs die, and if you try to play hardball you're dead to me".

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
YouTube is filled with people doing uncanny versions of the voices, but replacing the people that created the voices with a mimic has to be protected through SAG-AFTRA. I don't think they can do that easily.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Lifespan posted:

YouTube is filled with people doing uncanny versions of the voices, but replacing the people that created the voices with a mimic has to be protected through SAG-AFTRA. I don't think they can do that easily.

Lol, disney is trying hard

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lifespan posted:

Family Guy replaced Cleveland with a guy who is basically doing the same voice. Although that might be a little different since the original actor stepped down instead of being fired.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Super strong Liquid Television vibes. This could have gone between Aeon Flux and Frog Baseball

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Ziv Zulander posted:

Lol, disney is trying hard

It has definitely been done, but I'm willing to bet it was part of the original contracts working with Disney that they own it top to bottom. I could believe that the contracts with the Simpsons folks was loose and stayed that way when the actors saw the show take off and renegotiated that big payday (paylife?) many years ago.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Let them die. I'm sure the Mimpsons will be as equally successful.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The Thompsons

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Mr Black

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Given how much of the Simpsons' continued otherwise inexplicable profitability is people watching it out of sheer rusted-on familiarity and the kayfabe of the show being all the same people you remember all these years, I can see a voice actor change causing a ton of people to drop off because it's not 'their' Simpsons any more.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Simpsons has already recast Moe, Burns, Carl, and Hibbert.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Oh so that's why Moe no talk-a with his accent-a no more.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Mama mia!

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Jestery posted:

Mr Black

interpreting this as a proposal for a spin-off and i in turn propose this as the theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDIhyU40_Qg

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
To evil 🥂

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Baron von Eevl posted:

Yeah, but none of those are the core Simpsons family. You could easily have a perfectly good episode without any of those in it, or even all of them. As such, recasting them probalby isn't as big a deal as recasting, say, Bart.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Zereth posted:

Yeah, but none of those are the core Simpsons family. You could easily have a perfectly good episode without any of those in it, or even all of them. As such, recasting them probalby isn't as big a deal as recasting, say, Bart.

Its just like recasting... oh let's say, Moe.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Baron von Eevl posted:

Wow I'm really out of the loop with the current show.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Annabel Pee posted:

Its just like recasting... oh let's say, Moe.

:allears:

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Lobok posted:

Wow I'm really out of the loop with the current show.

Tbf the moe and burns recastings happened in season one

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Do you think people stop watching because Marge sounds 30 instead of 60?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Sure but nobody wanted my Titus Oates memes

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

Do you think people stop watching because Marge sounds 30 instead of 60?
I personally stopped watching because the show is incredibly unfunny now, but when someone leaves the TV on after a sporting event and the Simpsons come on, it is very jarring to hear Grandma Bouvier's voice come out of Marge.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LNHYz89sNc

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Sockser posted:

I would like more Red Green memes, thank you.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Zereth posted:

Yeah once they recast one of the core four it'll be enough of a landmark to get press attention and a lot of people will leave based on that, and it'll probably be enough for whatever spell to be broken and the show might finally take a permanent dip in popularity.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What is the ratings draw these days?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I like the Poolmobile memes.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The Oilers sweater is a great touch.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Homer would not drink Keiths. He'd be a Lucky Lager man.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Hey screw you Lisa Ape posting is great!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Simpsons Bortposting, an incredibly influential Simpsons facebook group, had to blanket deny any new poolmobile memes because the admins could just not handle the utter volume

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Much like a poolmobile driver being hit by a wave of pool water

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Simpsons Bortposting, an incredibly influential Simpsons facebook group, had to blanket deny any new poolmobile memes because the admins could just not handle the utter volume

It's not the volume that is the problem, it's the momentum when they come to an abrupt halt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen