Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Google Jeb Bush posted:

still haven't figured out where it keeps putting my ego shard boxes lol

On the main menu, it's one of the four buttons on the top right, next to Mail and Announcements, that has an Inventory. Click on the shard boxes and you can open them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
the only burn identity I apparently still need is LCCB Rodion, who is a 00 so you'd think I'd get her soon

besides, nothing wrong with having a communist on the team

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Junpei posted:

On the main menu, it's one of the four buttons on the top right, next to Mail and Announcements, that has an Inventory. Click on the shard boxes and you can open them up.

huh, could have sworn I looked there

Project Moon :argh:

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

the only burn identity I apparently still need is LCCB Rodion, who is a 00 so you'd think I'd get her soon

besides, nothing wrong with having a communist on the team

she has 0 burn, she's a defense-breaker

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Okay, you know, these inquisitors aren't so bad with a support Reindeer-

*reaches 3-17*

Ah, now I see the difficulty.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I've been spoiled on the probable inquisitor nature by Mirror Dungeon content, but if it is what I think it is it'll still be great fun to encounter in-story

their Big Dog Friends nearly handed me my first mirror dungeon lost

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 8, 2023

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

DuoRogue posted:

she has 0 burn, she's a defense-breaker

She does carry Fourth Match Flame very well though, so she partners effectively onto a Burn team for now. At this point we've only got two real Burn-interacting IDs and then all the other support is from EGO: Hopefully the summer will heat things up. :v:

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

speaking of burn, I'd like to see ishmael get a burn identity; Ardor Blossom Star makes it so she does the fiery waltz thing of spreading burn when hitting someone with burn, except its on every attack once she uses it a single time; I can imagine the numbers getting extremely silly on a team dedicated to it.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Right now a Burn team would have to basically be Liu Greg and Meur, and then some combo of Yi Sang/Ryoshu/Ishmael/Rodion with their burn-based EGO (Fourth Match Flame or Ardor Blossom Star)

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Shastahanshah posted:

The combat changes are interesting, but the biggest issue I've seen with fights in this game is that there's never a reason to save any of your bigger attacks. Stagger is a big deal so blowing people up as fast as possible seems like it pretty much just causes a cascade failure. Light and cards made that seem less practical in Ruina. In Limbus I don't think I've ever had a reason to use like, throat slice over shank or mutilate on Hong Lu.
Your decks are maintained between rounds, so if you blow all your good stuff on one wave you'll be stuck with your lovely skill 1 for a few turns in the next.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Gee, thanks, game.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
edit: I think this is the first time I've accidentally posted twice in a row.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 8, 2023

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Solitair posted:

edit: I think this is the first time I've accidentally posted twice in a row.
Guess they're testing their mailing system now?

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
Every source of lunacy comes in multiples of 10, and everything that costs lunacy costs a multiple of 10, right? Reminds me of those shoot-em-ups which track continues used by adding a 1 to your score for every continue

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Wellp, almost got my face kicked in by a certain Mr. Hammer...except that in turn triggered Ishmael and Meursault to go into E.G.O. Corrosion and erase more than half his HP and two stagger levels in one go.

my how the turntables

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

lol just got completely disassembled by 3-13

time to shove some levelup tickets down the throats of liu mersault and liu gregor

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

yeah theyre testing to make sure you cant double redeem anymore

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

You can't use the support trick in dungeons, right? Just rushed to 3-22 because we're losing the cheese tomorrow and I'd been having a hard enough time with the 3-x fights already. Got tired of the game crashing on the third wave of 3-13 when I started using EGOs so I finally grabbed the Steam version. 3-17 and 3-18 were a little rough but I managed it with the help of a max level uptied Tingtang Hong Lu. He's really good, except when he's not! Expecting the dungeon to be real rough, but I can also just wait a bit for more xp ticket farming, uptying more IDs (not sure which once I get some more thread, though I'm tempted to do Gregor G Corp for healing and general tankiness), etc.

We just got 99 more lunacy to go with the 1 so I suspect they are happy with their mail system testing.

Overall pretty happy with the game outside of my phone having some issues with it, but it is somewhat old (and has poo poo memory space left) so I can't blame the game too much.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

oof
ver generous of the two beast-inquisitor floorboss to revive my mostly dead party post-fight; though guessing the free revive/heal happens elsewhere too?
Packed a bit more punch than expected, that's for sure :shepface:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ayndin posted:

You can't use the support trick in dungeons, right? Just rushed to 3-22 because we're losing the cheese tomorrow and I'd been having a hard enough time with the 3-x fights already. Got tired of the game crashing on the third wave of 3-13 when I started using EGOs so I finally grabbed the Steam version. 3-17 and 3-18 were a little rough but I managed it with the help of a max level uptied Tingtang Hong Lu. He's really good, except when he's not! Expecting the dungeon to be real rough, but I can also just wait a bit for more xp ticket farming, uptying more IDs (not sure which once I get some more thread, though I'm tempted to do Gregor G Corp for healing and general tankiness), etc.

Same, just reached 3-22 in preparation for support bug fixing. That said I still have to EX 3-17 and 3-18, they're noticeably harder than the rest jeez.

I tried going with a support Reindeer Ishamel but I still have deaths and don't DPS fast enough. Wondering if I should uptie someone specifically for these stages, go with base Ishmael and bring another support.

It is kinda rough how the level curve just shoots up when level is so important since being underlevelled means enemy skills have unbeatable numbers.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Do we know if this ticket they gave out will include the new identities if we spend it then? Or should I just use it now.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Do we know if this ticket they gave out will include the new identities if we spend it then? Or should I just use it now.

Wait to try, I used mine already and just got a couple more shards due to a dupe.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

It probably won't include new units because it's a separate banner where you use the ticket based on experience. They could update it on maintenance today but they probably won't.

Also thank god I EX'd 3-17. Turns out the missing piece was Liu Gregor of all identities, he's a Blunt unit with loads of coins on his skills which is important because multicoins are just. Better than single coins.

Now to see if he works on 3-18 as well and I can rest easy.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Yeah, Liu Gregor was MVP quite a lot during my run of Chapter 3. He's great.

no cap :v:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

He did work. By the hang of a thread, it came down to Outis staggering the boss and Faust rolling a heads on turn 10 or otherwise the boss would have survived.

Now I can just worry about who to upthread for the dungeon and which Sinclair identity to use since I wanna bring him.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I used Zwei Sinclair a lot during Chapter 3 because he's Blunt and I felt it was thematic, but then I dropped him because he's garbo. Two lackluster one coin skills, and even his two coin one is just a 6+1, and to top it all off just absolutely abysmal offense growth, meaning enemies are getting +1s and +2s against him even at relative level parity.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Got through Chapter 3's boss. It went about how you'd expect. Might do it again after they fix the passives, I feel like that was supposed to be much harder.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

TeeQueue posted:

Got through Chapter 3's boss. It went about how you'd expect. Might do it again after they fix the passives, I feel like that was supposed to be much harder.

The passives work backwards, she gets boosted when targeting people with bleed/burn, which sort of makes sense as an evolution of the N-Corp Fanatacism boosting off blood/nails. I think it might be a translation problem, not a functionality one.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 8, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Lord_Magmar posted:

The passives work backwards, she gets boosted when targeting people with bleed/burn, which sort of makes sense as an evolution of the N-Corp Fanatacism boosting off blood/nails. I think it might be a translation problem, not a functionality one.

OOOOOOOH… that does make sense!

Yeah, I just straight up kicked her rear end, then. And no one was surprised.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Theantero posted:

I used Zwei Sinclair a lot during Chapter 3 because he's Blunt and I felt it was thematic, but then I dropped him because he's garbo. Two lackluster one coin skills, and even his two coin one is just a 6+1, and to top it all off just absolutely abysmal offense growth, meaning enemies are getting +1s and +2s against him even at relative level parity.

Checking out, a support Blade Sinclair might be nice as long as the friend put T3 Impending Day on him, since it lets him generate Wrath or Pride (AKA Faust knows everything spam). But that requires having a friend who invested on both that ID and uptying an EGO :v:

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Checking out, a support Blade Sinclair might be nice as long as the friend put T3 Impending Day on him, since it lets him generate Wrath or Pride (AKA Faust knows everything spam). But that requires having a friend who invested on both that ID and uptying an EGO :v:

I have a level 28 Blade Sinclair and he does have UT3 Impending Day. My friend code should be in my post history. He's good!

Edit: S284836869.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Einander posted:

I have a level 28 Blade Sinclair and he does have UT3 Impending Day. My friend code should be in my post history. He's good!

Edit: S284836869.

Oh, thanks! I don't have Blade, Seven is bad as some have mentioned and Mariachi is fun but underwhelming, but I still wanted to bring him to the dungeon.

I guess I have to think of teammates for him. He produces Gluttony and Pride so Outis with Ebony Stem would be a good addition, Faust for similar reasons... and then Hong Lu and someone else? I can still uptie 2 00 identities or 1 000 so I could bring Kurokumo/Tingtang Hong Lu...

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

posadas posted:

Every source of lunacy comes in multiples of 10, and everything that costs lunacy costs a multiple of 10, right? Reminds me of those shoot-em-ups which track continues used by adding a 1 to your score for every continue

this is all a ploy to get you to buy lunacy so you can spend it on the daily paid reduced pull, since that lets you manipulate the 1s digit of your lunacy.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

TeeQueue posted:

OOOOOOOH… that does make sense!

Yeah, I just straight up kicked her rear end, then. And no one was surprised.

The only weird part of it is that I'm not sure if she has a way to apply burn at all in that fight? So it could still be a functionality error, but like, it does boost her in a way that makes sense relative to other members of N Corp so shrug?

Plus there's been a translation error or two elsewhere I'm pretty sure.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

Oh, thanks! I don't have Blade, Seven is bad as some have mentioned and Mariachi is fun but underwhelming, but I still wanted to bring him to the dungeon.

I guess I have to think of teammates for him. He produces Gluttony and Pride so Outis with Ebony Stem would be a good addition, Faust for similar reasons... and then Hong Lu and someone else? I can still uptie 2 00 identities or 1 000 so I could bring Kurokumo/Tingtang Hong Lu...

I mostly focused on getting Impending Day up and using it often. I think Sins in story dungeons carry over like they do in Mirror Dungeons, which is to say that your end-of-fight Sin count is halved and then carried over into the next fight. Impending Day is 3x Wrath and 2x Lust and its passive gives +5 to the Sin of an attack when Sinclair kills with it, so if he uses Impending Day once in a fight and then kills with his Wrath attack the next turn, you'll get 6x Wrath and you'll immediately meet the Wrath requirement at the start of the next fight. So the big requirement is having enough Lust, which both Hong Lus help with.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Einander posted:

I mostly focused on getting Impending Day up and using it often. I think Sins in story dungeons carry over like they do in Mirror Dungeons, which is to say that your end-of-fight Sin count is halved and then carried over into the next fight. Impending Day is 3x Wrath and 2x Lust and its passive gives +5 to the Sin of an attack when Sinclair kills with it, so if he uses Impending Day once in a fight and then kills with his Wrath attack the next turn, you'll get 6x Wrath and you'll immediately meet the Wrath requirement at the start of the next fight. So the big requirement is having enough Lust, which both Hong Lus help with.

I see. BTW is there a bug related to adding friends or did you put your friend code wrong? I tried to input it and nothing pops out.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

I see. BTW is there a bug related to adding friends or did you put your friend code wrong? I tried to input it and nothing pops out.

I checked again, and S284836869 is what it says there. But I've never actually entered a friend code there, so I can't tell you how it behaves one way or the other.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
What's the thing about egoshards decaying at the end of a season? I got a dupe from the guaranteed 3* pull and I don't have anything to save up for Rodion at the moment so I was thinking of converting it into sweet, sweet thread since I'm pretty happy with her identity.

Relatedly, where do you find out which defense skill a character has? Dark Cloud Blade is a cool passive but I have to make sure the sinners I deploy can 1) build Poise, 2) have gloom affinity, and 3) have a counter passive to key off in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
half of your egoshards will be automatically converted into thread at the end of the season (May-ish)
on the roadmap we'll get 5 or so new banners between now and then and are getting daily thread dungeons in a week so imo I would hold off until we see how many those give