Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, everybody has to stake out release dates too which is ridiculous for something that has nothing done yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I do wonder if it's not helping with corporate loving around with projects trying to have all that Synergy and then of course regularly panicking and cancelling a ton of poo poo when their intended big tentpole is a bloated, incoherent mess.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I figured they were dropping projects due to costs and D+ not being as profitable as they would've liked it to be.

Which, from what I recall reading a while back, was something off their own doing because they dropped cricket from their tableau.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Best thing Disney+ has is their original classic animation and Nat Geo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Gatts posted:

You've misspelled "The Orville" in a strange and unusual way

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

The upcoming TMNT movie should just be a feature length adaptation of the superb game from last year.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

live with fruit posted:

Sure but he's still gotta cram a bunch of "chicken and brown rice" down his gullet for a Roadhouse remake.

He looked like this in Southpaw:

Granted that was almost 10 years ago.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

live with fruit posted:

Sure but he's still gotta cram a bunch of "chicken and brown rice" down his gullet for a Roadhouse remake.

at worst he was promised a good time

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Zero_Grade posted:

The upcoming TMNT movie should just be a feature length adaptation of the superb game from last year.

This. Shredders Revenge rules and the soundtrack is killer.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Wait Kevin feign had a star wars movie in development? What?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Gatts posted:

Bluey would like to ask, "how very dare you?"

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Baron von Eevl posted:

Bluey would like to ask, "how very dare you?"

Except Disney owns no part of Bluey, just the US broadcast/streaming rights. Which maybe is enough for the Disney folks given it keeps subscriptions coming in but you know they'd be using that Disney marketing machine to push Bluey harder if they owned more of the IP.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I have a four year old nephew, so have recently been introduced to Bluey via babysitting, and that show loving rules. So much better than the youtube poo poo he also likes.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Bluey rules. Disney is a bunch of cowards for not releasing the Dad baby episode

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1633749383815602176?t=gODRSBBwz_ygQT8jbMwiRA&s=19

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I never bothered to watch the Disaster Artist, but it might be fun to see some, uh, more experienced actors give the original script a go.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

"Oh hi Mark, did you know you have rights? The Constitution says you do."

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

I honestly am totally down for big casted remakes of weird cult movies as long as they follow the script/shooting style as exact as possible

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tars Tarkas posted:

I honestly am totally down for big casted remakes of weird cult movies as long as they follow the script/shooting style as exact as possible

When are we gonna get a remake of The Disaster Artist?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Space Mutiny, starring Chris Hemsworth.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Plan 9 from outer space with a Michael bay sfx budget

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Panos Cosmatos' Manos: The Hands of Fate

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Robot Jox but get Boston Dynamics to build bots that can actually punch and kick each other.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

The Final Sacrifice, starring Tom Holland as Troy McGregor and Jeff Bridges as Zap Rowsdower

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Flying Zamboni posted:

Panos Cosmatos' Manos

try saying that three times fast

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Troll 1 the prequel starring Timothée Chalamet as Arnold "and then they're gonna eat me OH MY GOOOOOOOOD"

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Troll 1 the prequel starring Timothée Chalamet as Arnold "and then they're gonna eat me OH MY GOOOOOOOOD"

Nonono, if he's the protagonist of a hypothetical Troll 1 remake, Chalamet would be playing the character of Harry Potter Jr.

It's a testament to the legacy of Troll 2 that it has so completely eclipsed the first movie in the public consciousness that nobody even cares that the first one stars a character named Harry Potter Jr.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Somebody should do a biopic about Draco Floyd/Claudio Fragasso. He’s got the wildest filmography, and it ends with Troll 2.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Asterite34 posted:

Nonono, if he's the protagonist of a hypothetical Troll 1 remake, Chalamet would be playing the character of Harry Potter Jr.

It's a testament to the legacy of Troll 2 that it has so completely eclipsed the first movie in the public consciousness that nobody even cares that the first one stars a character named Harry Potter Jr.

Get Daniel Radcliffe

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Get Daniel Radcliffe

He would be totally down for this, I feel

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Space Mutiny, starring Chris Hemsworth.

Might be difficult to get access to Battlestar Galactica footage though.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Cooked Auto posted:

Just do all the effects in Battlecruiser Millennium

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

davidspackage posted:

I never bothered to watch the Disaster Artist, but it might be fun to see some, uh, more experienced actors give the original script a go.

That reminds me I had totally forgotten that Odenkirk is in the Disaster Artist briefly as an acting teacher too lol

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Cooked Auto posted:

Cast Tricia Helfer as the female lead and then use footage from the reboot. Ron Moore might go for it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Zack Snyder's Pumaman.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Zack Snyder's Pumaman.

M night shymalan already made this. It’s called Unbreakable

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

David Lynch's The Incredibly Strange Creatures That Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Who was the director who did his own remake of Psycho shot for shot, not for any intent to release it but just as an educational experience?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Who was the director who did his own remake of Psycho shot for shot, not for any intent to release it but just as an educational experience?

Gus Van Sant did the 1998 remake. Soderbergh did a fan re-edit of both movies together about ten years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I would watch all of these hypothetical movies, and also the Rifftraxes that come afterwards.