Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

were these people on freaking drugs when they came up with this game????

I've seen art where the guy posted what his drawing was like on different drugs.

So what about Super Mario let's plays on different drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

hatty posted:

I dunno, Justin Long?

He would own at it, actually.

abelwingnut posted:

joseph gordon levitt

leto

JGL would nail it. Jared Leto would become Mario and everything would be perfect, which is why we don't deserve it.

Mister Facetious posted:

Kevin Sorbo
Dean Cain
Steven Seagal
OJ Simpson
The Baldwin family
Meghan Markle

The only one on this list who wouldn't win a SAG award for the performance would be Seagal, and not because of his performance, but because the Guild is racist against Serbs.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
James Corden is awful and would be the worst Mario.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Can't believe the new Mario movie is starring Diego Luna and Stellan Skarsgard, gonna be lit

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Palmtree Panic posted:

James Corden is awful and would be the worst Mario.

Yet, a perfect fit for Wario.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Don't you dare insult the name of the mighty fae lord Wario with that filth.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Charles Martinet, but doing the voice of that one dragon in Skyrim.

hrmmm, krosis, princess, but the words that would rend Bowser cannot be known to me

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

JGL would nail it. Jared Leto would become Mario and everything would be perfect, which is why we don't deserve it.

"The more I got into the role, the more i found myself becoming Mario. I'd look up in the mirror and see a red hat, a moustache, you know? To get further into it, I'd eat mushrooms and...you know, I just felt myself growing bigger, like I was becoming him, know what I mean?"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1633101868162514944

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

I played a bit of Mario Party for the N64. I don't really get it but I like the fact that they are all friends now.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Mario Party 1 is super dated but if you have friends you should play 2 because it still holds up.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Mario Party 1 came out in 1998. The same year as Metal Gear Solid 1 and Half Life. Busy year.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Same as Ocarina of Time, Starcraft, and Fallout 2 off the top of my head

Goddamn, '98 might be the best year in gaming history

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Does Octopath II still do that silly thing where you have to have specific members in your party at specific time to get extra dialogue?

That almost broke the game for my wife, 'cause she "had to" follow guides to make sure she had the right people so she could get all the dialogue. (I sympathize, but I'm lazier.)

Also there was one Ophelia chapter where it was impossible to see all of the cutscenes.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Hammer Bro. posted:

Does Octopath II still do that silly thing where you have to have specific members in your party at specific time to get extra dialogue?

That almost broke the game for my wife, 'cause she "had to" follow guides to make sure she had the right people so she could get all the dialogue. (I sympathize, but I'm lazier.)

Also there was one Ophelia chapter where it was impossible to see all of the cutscenes.

Yes, but on the bright side it'll give you all the extra dialogue after the chapter is over in the Journal menu, so you can't actually miss it this time.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Which living actor would be a worse Mario than Chris Pratt?

the actual correct answer here was "Lin Manuel Miranda" btw

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mega64 posted:

Yes, but on the bright side it'll give you all the extra dialogue after the chapter is over in the Journal menu, so you can't actually miss it this time.

For real?! So even if you don't see it as you play you get it? You can just run with whomever you want?

Wow. That's huge and like I was going to get the game anyway but I love what they did with it.

Don't tell me there's a music player (with one's music too!). Just don't tell me anything.

I need to beat Omori... I'm super early in the prologue too so it's going to be a while.

Oh well!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
If I want to play Octopath 2 should I play Octopath 1 first? my assumption is that 2 is better than 1 in QOL so start with 1, this correct?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You should play Live-a-Live and skip both Octos.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

wizard2 posted:

If I want to play Octopath 2 should I play Octopath 1 first? my assumption is that 2 is better than 1 in QOL so start with 1, this correct?

I would just skip 1 entirely at this point tbh

1 is a very flawed game and 2 is better in every single way

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Don't tell me there's a music player (with one's music too!). Just don't tell me anything.

Okay, there's not a music player that lets you listen to Octopath One's music.

wizard2 posted:

If you're absolutely certain you'll play both games to completion, play 1 first, sure, but otherwise skip ahead. 2 is strictly better and does not expect you to have any setting or character knowledge from 1.

E:

American McGay posted:

You should play Live-a-Live and skip both Octos.

also valid

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

American McGay posted:

You should play Live-a-Live

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Andrast posted:

I would just skip 1 entirely at this point tbh

1 is a very flawed game and 2 is better in every single way

Does Octopath 2 fix the fundamental issue with Octopath 1 in that it was a bunch of boring loving stories?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Look into your heart, you already know the answer

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
how is the demo of Live A Live? its three self contained chapters and progress carries over, right?

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

American McGay posted:

You should play Live-a-Live and SaGa Frontier.

ftfy

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kin posted:

Does Octopath 2 fix the fundamental issue with Octopath 1 in that it was a bunch of boring loving stories?

yeah

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean it's still a bunch of stories, your opinion on how boring they are may vary.

IMO they're all cool, especially the one with barely any stakes

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the actual correct answer here was "Lin Manuel Miranda" btw

Sorry for the confusion. I asked people to name a worse actor than Chris Pratt to be Mario. I didn't ask you to name an actor who would win an Academy Award for the role.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Lin Manuel Miranda will play Waluigi in the 2nd one

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

gently caress all these other games just play saga frontier

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

An Actual Princess posted:

gently caress all these other games just play saga frontier

play any saga game imo

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

American McGay posted:

You should play Live-a-Live and Triangle Strategy.

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009
I've been playing Live A Live all week and man this game was way ahead of its time if it came out in like 1994

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
If that last segment didn't make me want to hurl the game out the window, it would be an all timer.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Super Nintendo World fuckin rules by the way

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Super Nintendo World fuckin rules by the way
If that statue doesn't breathe fire I'm not impressed. :colbert:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I just finished fixing and setting up my shell swapped Switch Pro Controller.

A happening experience as I took it completely apart, then realized that I didn't have to go so hard in the paint at all.

Put it all together, no buttons work, just three thumb sticks. Ok, probably the ribbon cable from the board is loose.

Open it up, it fell out completely. Put it all back together, the +/- Home and Capture buttons don't work. I consider for a moment, and realized that my Wife is playing Pokemon Violet, and the + button is the mount button.

Open it up again, check all the buttons and the membranes being set up right. Reseat the ribbon cable ( testing it by holding the battery in this time ) and finally I have it back to fully functioning.

Unfortunately I had not realized they were JIS screws and tried a Phillips head on the bottom screws at first, stripped one and had to grind the head off with a drill. Controller was fine though.

I even popped the rumble motors out, one still works, the other doesn't. The Mrs. said she actually appreciates it not rumbling as she hates it anyway. One more thing I feel like I'll try and fix eventually maybe...

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
You're seriously making me consider paying someone else to replace my batteries for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
what was that about mounting your wife or w/e?