Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

For mouse macros? I’m not sure that’s possible

Epic claims they monitor for macros and it is a bannable offense. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Epic's official stance on macros, as of December 2020:

quote:

Any and all macros in Fortnite are forms of cheating. Simply put, a macro key is a single-press action that performs a sequence of key or button actions at once. We will continue to issue bans to players we catch using macros.

https://www.fortnite.com/competitive/news/fortnite-chapter-2-season-5-competitive-integrity-update

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Speaking of anticheat, today I found out that Fortnite can use Easy Anti Cheat or Battle Eye depending on your system configuration. If I understand correctly, if you have virtualization enabled in your bios, it will use Battle Eye.

Not sure if there is a performance benefit either way, though.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Lowen SoDium posted:

Speaking of anticheat, today I found out that Fortnite can use Easy Anti Cheat or Battle Eye depending on your system configuration. If I understand correctly, if you have virtualization enabled in your bios, it will use Battle Eye.

Not sure if there is a performance benefit either way, though.

My installation randomly switched to using Battle Eye(which I had previously not even heard of) with one of the recent patches, I definitely didn't make any BIOS changes but maybe there was a Windows Update? I don't know. Either way practically speaking it means I can now launch Apex faster after closing Fortnite because I don't get a weird error about a mismatched EAC version already running, which was an annoying thing that happened a lot since Fortnite takes like a full minute to close it's own process after it seems like the game has closed.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

IT'S HAPPENING
https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1633007779601342466?t=MhFQAWFqGB0Zf8fdciU6Sw&s=19

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I have no idea what the Fortnite story is. Something about an AI and jonesy

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Overbite posted:

I have no idea what the Fortnite story is. Something about an AI and jonesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_gDxO6bqvE

And not only is there a rift gate in the sky, but the gate we built exploded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS0rYMs8dq0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEcT0ZnnE2M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-aC62KC0xQ

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 7, 2023

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

When I started playing with my 10yo, I was surprised there was a story at all, and I'm amazed that it's more coherent than most game series.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Where does the kid laroi and master chief fit into this

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Overbite posted:

Where does the kid laroi and master chief fit into this

Chapter 2 when jonesy turns against his agency he begins hoping realities and grabbing warriors to fight in the war. Master chief comes from that. Laroi would just be someone who feel I to the fortnite reality.

It is all explained in the video essay. Very simple.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So it felt like that was super in depth story telling for UP TO the Chrome situation, ( Where I really started ) and since then there wasn't anything but this rift...

Anyone have a primer for the battle with the Chrome and the explosion we're dealing with now?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Drowning Rabbit posted:

So it felt like that was super in depth story telling for UP TO the Chrome situation, ( Where I really started ) and since then there wasn't anything but this rift...

Anyone have a primer for the battle with the Chrome and the explosion we're dealing with now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPkoVd_q3ps
Idk about this chapter

Edit: the peace syndicate is supposed to play a role next season.

Here is the explained for chapter 4 season 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEjK4AgGvF0
Little out of date with the rift gate activating and seemingly backfiring.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 7, 2023

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Ah yes brilliant storytelling, today's quests have you running all over the map to collect scientist data, ancient people data, only to eventually get a telescope to look at the huge plainly visible crack in the sky and conclude "yup that gonna blow up". lmao.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

That rules. Love my big dumb video game comic book story

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Brut posted:

Ah yes brilliant storytelling, today's quests have you running all over the map to collect scientist data, ancient people data, only to eventually get a telescope to look at the huge plainly visible crack in the sky and conclude "yup that gonna blow up". lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4-e-kKf1Uw

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/FortniteStatus/status/1633176837168992256?s=20

I miss our pogo sticks

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lol some people (me) gonna lose their crutch

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

is the issue me actually winning games

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It only took them literally the entire season. But they finally fixed (vaulted) it.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

FINALLY the Goatse collab is happening!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Thank baby Jesus, now i might win more often again

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I liked the hammer.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
They should vault the basic assault rifle. Even the orange variant sucks. Outclassed in every way by the tac pistol.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
I hadn't known about the Witcher quests up until two days ago. Let me tell you, i had to haul rear end for that loving sword.
It looks nice on the golden Doomguy, worth it.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Tafferling posted:

I hadn't known about the Witcher quests up until two days ago. Let me tell you, i had to haul rear end for that loving sword.
It looks nice on the golden Doomguy, worth it.

Yeah I wish they'd find a way to integrate that in to the actual game instead of having it on some weird website you have to somehow know about.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Overbite posted:

They should vault the basic assault rifle. Even the orange variant sucks. Outclassed in every way by the tac pistol.

I get fried by that stupid gun too often.

Oh well now I know why there's no hammers.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i'm pretty sure they just made up that there was a story recently. or at least they had no idea what the story was going to be until recently. they just did a bunch of cool stuff and then went...ooooh but it's aalllll tied together as master chief, doom guy, and kratos all touch down to fight to the death against a lifeguard wearing shorts and no shoes.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

InsertPotPun posted:

i'm pretty sure they just made up that there was a story recently. or at least they had no idea what the story was going to be until recently. they just did a bunch of cool stuff and then went...ooooh but it's aalllll tied together as master chief, doom guy, and kratos all touch down to fight to the death against a lifeguard wearing shorts and no shoes.

They had a bit of a story in chapter 1, but it started to become more coherent and tied together in Chapter 2. This was 4 years ago.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Mr Hootington posted:

I liked the hammer.

The hammer was a godsend to those of us who can't loving aim to save our lives

Also the rocket launcher in no builds :getin:

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Hammers and deku smash is such a broken combo. I loved running around with nothing but hammers, dekus and Kamehameha.

Also, the witcher quest is completely borked, I barely managed to complete the first tree for the sword and after an hour it dumped me all the rewards for the other trees I didn't complete... I mean, good but...?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Not bad

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Good job and thanks. I didn't know about this thing.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I don't know how to feel about this.

I also didn't know about llama school, I would have liked that sword.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Neat, better than I expected

I haven't been able to log in for a couple days - is the season done now? Is there a big finale event today?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

There is no big finale as far as anyone knows. Unless something happens in game we are just waiting for downtime to begin March 10th at 2am Easten.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

I was hoping to get lvl 200 this season but my internet has been extremely temperamental these last few weeks and I lost some valuable shootin’ time.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Yeah I haven't played this season as much as the past few, partly just due to trying to avoid burnout but also just because there was a lot more downtime between stuff happening :v: Still managed to hit 200, get all the important stuff from the llama quests, etc

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

I get to the final 1v1 surprisingly often and then I always panic and fumble switching weapons. Most of my wins is me being stealthy and getting the drop on my opponent.

Tafferling fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Mar 8, 2023

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Had no idea match time was so short, it feels like it takes much longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Didn't know about this as well. Took me a minute to find it on the site, but I'm happy with that ratio.