Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

Chip Bok

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Skios posted:

Bob Gorrell

That is a very lovingly drawn AOC. I looked at some previous Gorrell cartoons and they are not usually realistic.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Literally all of those statements are true.

except maybe the Smollett one? The CPD absolutely lied about it but the story kind of disappeared after the FBI took over, idk if it ever got resolved

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

All of these things happened though?! We watched them happen! In context on live TV?!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I thought he wanted people to inject sunlight inside them, or some kind of bleach?

That's not drinking. Checkmate libs.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mordaedil posted:

All of these things happened though?! We watched them happen! In context on live TV?!

I’d think that after years of reading this thread I’d be emotionally numb to anything but this is just driving me up the wall. “The January 6th committee was lying to you when they showed you video of violent assaults because here are some images of those same people not being violent.” Like, here’s a video of Hitler smiling as he walks around Paris therefore he didn’t violently invade France. Just… gently caress you people.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

I thought he wanted people to inject sunlight inside them, or some kind of bleach?

That's not drinking. Checkmate libs.

He wanted to shine UV light into people to kill the virus. He wanted to inject disinfectant cleaner into people which the health advisors had to run up to the podium and tell people do not, in fact, inject yourself with cleaner

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The aoc thing is absolutely ridiculous-alright fine her or whatever for the met gala ticket, but acting like that’s the height of congressional corruption is just absolutely bonkers

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It’s very frustrating that conservatives simply decide what their facts will be and go with them.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The insurrectionists taking photos with cops is uh, not the slam dunk you think it is, Branco.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Pants Donkey posted:

The insurrectionists taking photos with cops is uh, not the slam dunk you think it is, Branco.

Chud legal theory: If the cops do it, it's by definition not illegal.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

what the gently caress does this even mean

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Biden wouldn't demand his travel documents if he was undocumented.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

As much as I hate it when Prickly City is just spinning it's wheels to get a paycheck, I think I hate it even more when it tries to be Calvin and Hobbes.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Discendo Vox posted:

"Biden mexico weak border", followed by a constant vrroom-vroom sound as Payne imagines large cars.

I dont know posted:

As much as I hate it when Prickly City is just spinning it's wheels to get a paycheck, I think I hate it even more when it tries to be Calvin and Hobbes.

Waterson at least had beliefs, and a more-than-decent ability to draw something. I may not always agree with Waterson's beliefs, but they were sincerly held and not completely regressive. Stantis is just Rall's Smartest Russian Shill in the Room act, but for "Why can't we all get along while I strip away your rights?" style capital-L Libertarianism.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

I dont know posted:

'Calvin and Hobbes never addressed each other by name in every strip, Calvin.'
'It seems like the sort of thing a lazy hack would do to create an air of whimsical seriousness about the 'amusing' antics of a couple of faux-adorable talking heads, Hobbes.'

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Rall is at least saying something. Prickly City is like 80% ennui about the nature of politics, and the other 20% is him making a light comment on something political. Then racing back to “why so mean and messy :ohdear:”.

I think the last time Stantis was firmly political for any decent stretch of time was when Carmen stayed with the coyote’s parents to avoid ICE and spent the whole time agog at their politics. They play Marxist Monopoly (:ironicat:), the coyote’s brother identities as a cat, and they are vegans or something. It sucked, but at least said SOMETHING than spending like four days on Trump/Biden Bad then retreating into “It’s National Pizza Day :kiddo:” and three weeks of being sad about how coarse politics have gotten

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"Wow, he did?"
"No, but just imagine if he did, what an own."

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I love how the Department of Energy was like “it possibly was leaked from a lab but we aren’t confident in that” and every other department who would have a bigger interest in viral outbreaks is like “Nah, that didn’t happen” so every conservative is screeching how they’ve been proven right

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Do conservatives even trust the Department of Energy? I guess it doesn't matter, CNN could say one thing in their favor and suddenly they're the world's most concrete source in their eyes.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I love how the Department of Energy was like “it possibly was leaked from a lab but we aren’t confident in that” and every other department who would have a bigger interest in viral outbreaks is like “Nah, that didn’t happen” so every conservative is screeching how they’ve been proven right
There was a study saying masks don’t prevent with the caveat that they had low confidence in the data.

And conservatives are just acting like this is solid, perfect evidence that they were right the whole.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vib Rib posted:

Do conservatives even trust the Department of Energy? I guess it doesn't matter, CNN could say one thing in their favor and suddenly they're the world's most concrete source in their eyes.

Department of Energy is where Q was from so of course it’s the most trusted branch of government.

If they even remember that’s where the name Q comes from

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Pants Donkey posted:

I think the last time Stantis was firmly political for any decent stretch of time was when Carmen stayed with the coyote’s parents to avoid ICE and spent the whole time agog at their politics. They play Marxist Monopoly (:ironicat:), the coyote’s brother identities as a cat, and they are vegans or something. It sucked, but at least said SOMETHING than spending like four days on Trump/Biden Bad then retreating into “It’s National Pizza Day :kiddo:” and three weeks of being sad about how coarse politics have gotten

It said a lot more than he intended, too, both with ICE being violent racist goons, and Carmen being a mean-spirited ingrate who spent her entire time making GBS threads on the strangers who gave her shelter and demanded nothing in return. This despite the fact that even though Stantis had made them the dumbest detached-from-reality caricatures, literally everything they did was gracious and harmless.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pants Donkey posted:

It sort of is though, or have the republicans dropped the narrative that 1/6 was actually a peaceful assembly of concerned citizens and the only violence was false flags staged by the feds?

I mean, if my story was "nothing bad happened, we just got a little excited during our tour," then selfies with security would definitely be something I'd be showing off to back up my assertion.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the Sunak and Braverman plan for small boats — Rishi Sunak has promised to end the small boats once and for all, by introducing the illegal migration bill"

Telegraph:

Illegal immigration measures are fuelling ‘xenophobia and racism’, says Labour MP

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

After D Barnet.

Evening Standard:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

US 'China Policy' by Cai Meng

Le Monde

by Urbs from France
The Left overwhelmed by the Unions
"As long as Martinez or Berger don't want to be president."

Charlie Hebdo

Should we shoot these mother-loving unionists?
The amendment that's dividing the right

"Awful capitalist reactionary!"
"When Vargas Llosa gets angry, he always do that..."
Seems to be related to a book review but I'm not sure. Lançon seems to have met Vargas Llosa once or twice.

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm pretty sure the cops are allowed to arrest you even after you have finished committing a crime. Like, the statute of limitations on crimes is not "five minutes." The police can still arrest a person at their house or job the next day! They can do that! It's true! Most arrests happen days after the crime was committed!

Sure high speed pursuits put people in danger and can cause accidents, but criminals might not suffer any immediate consequences if we stop doing that, so we should be allowed to endanger as many people as we want.

Horsey doesn't bother to say exactly what the these WA restrictions on police are, so I looked them up online. It seems WA's new laws started taking effect in 2021.

https://crosscut.com/politics/2021/07/what-new-wa-police-accountability-laws-do-and-dont-do

The entire article is well worth reading, as the laws have multiple reforms. A standout point is that the laws prohibit officers from starting car chases over LOW-LEVEL crimes that DO NOT INVOVLE DRUNK DRIVING, like theft or property damage. "Instead, a car chase is only warranted in most cases if there is probable cause to believe a person in the vehicle has committed or is committing a violent offense, such as a kidnapping or sex offense."

Funny how Horsey doesn't mention any of that. He also doesn't mention how the laws ban police use of chokeholds or neck restraints, and oblige officers to use de-escalation efforts before using physical force.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

They consider it biased against them, but they'll credit it with extra authority when it says something they agree with ("if even the biased anti-American Democrats at the DoE are admitting we're right it must be true"), and of course they will cite liberal institutions to liberals. They don't treat it like a magical guard from a logic puzzle that always tells lies.

Same as when the NYT printed the administration's lies about Saddam's WMDs as if they were fact "well if even the America-hating commies at the Slimes are saying it..."

We do the same thing: even Tucker Carlson privately admitted Biden won the election.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Discendo Vox posted:

The refugees coming up from the south are not a wave of invaders bringing crime with them as reported, and letting them in would be a positive gain for the country. A Good Cartoon.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

That's Kathryn Campbell who was the secretary of the departments and top bureaucrat in charge of implementing Robodebt.

Rowe:

Albanese is visiting India at the moment to bolster ties.

Shakespeare:

The Sydney Morning Herald (in which Shakespeare is published) is running a series of articles about the likelihood of war between the China and the US, how unprepared we are for that and what this means for Australia on a scale of hosed to hosed.

Wilcox:

Cover-ups and justice failures in Veronica Nelson’s death (SMH).

Le Lievre:

This cartoon was for the Australian Financial Review and titled "Profit of Doom".

Knight:

Reserve bank governor Philip Lowe raising interest rates.

Spooner:

Bombshell documents reveal Dan Andrews used secret taxpayer-funded polling to decide whether to continue brutal Covid lockdowns while claiming he was acting on 'health advice' (Daily Mail).

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

US 'China Policy' by Cai Meng

I love Missile Knight and his dumb suit tie tabard

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Trapezium Dave posted:

:australia:

Pope:

That's Kathryn Campbell who was the secretary of the departments and top bureaucrat in charge of implementing Robodebt.

attaching the head to the butt, smart choice

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Marty Two Bulls

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Mike Peters

Randall Enos - Launch Postponed

Dave Whamond

Drew Sheneman

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vib Rib posted:

Do conservatives even trust the Department of Energy?

Payne published two cartoons on March 1, one touting the Department of Energy's lab leak conclusion, the other mocking Jennifer Granholm, who runs the Department of Energy.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

I mean, I get the point, but that's why the term "culture war" does work. Because it's a one-sided attack, just like any unprovoked invasion by an authoritarian state against a peaceful nation.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

I love Missile Knight and his dumb suit tie tabard

He has Righteous Retribution at 12 and a job interview at 1.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Bob Gorrell

Gary Markstein

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Correct, billionaires abusing free speech to make things worse for everyone else is a good way for them to lose that right