Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yeah I would say elon musk is not a happy person overall. Can't post to save his goddamn life.

It's so dumb, when someone buys a football team they don't think it makes them Tom Brady 15 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Says the guy from the prison colony.

Says the guy from a crumbling Republic that can't provide health care, adequate education or food security for its own people.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Yeah, well your spiders are way more icky

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BlindSite posted:

Says the guy from a crumbling Republic that can't provide health care, adequate education or food security for its own people.

So we're agreed Europe is still better than where we live?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Where you live.

Parts of Europe are good despite the EU. Not because of it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Where you live.

Parts of Europe are good despite the EU. Not because of it.

Leaving the EU worked out loving great for the UK.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

So? Nothing to do with Twitter telling EU to go eat dicks.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I might get to go to Melbourne, Australia (for work) and I'm super loving excited and I really hope it happens

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Skwirl posted:

No, because I live in the USA.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

BlindSite posted:

can't or won't?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

kiimo posted:

can't or won't?

In the words of Mallory Archer.

Pick one!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Our service is short medics (like basically every service) yet Australia has so many graduates, they don’t have enough spots for field internships.

Our leadership, deciding that we could mutually benefit each other, had contracted a contingent of Ozzie baby medics to come learn and work for a couple of years with a work visa.

I cannot wait to see these folks interact with the American healthcare system. Or deal with some of the fattest, sickest patients in the deepest depths of the confluence of the diabetes, hypertension and heart failure belts.

They’re going to get a big dose of clinical experience and the culture shock is going to be hilarious.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Speaking of the American health care system, I have my psychiatrist appointment tomorrow morning and work is blowing up. I really don't want to try and reschedule since this was the soonest in-person appointment I could get when I finally got through the stupid telehealth intake appointment back in early January. It's kind of frustraiting that Kaiser pushes so hard for teletherapy because every time something like this pops up I end up going through like 3 layers and constant "no, teletherapy is not an option for me for a huge variety of reasons" hoopla.

So good luck to my big boss who might have to cover for me for a bit in the morning.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
All the Australians I know live in America. Weird

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Speaking of the American health care system, I have my psychiatrist appointment tomorrow morning and work is blowing up. I really don't want to try and reschedule since this was the soonest in-person appointment I could get when I finally got through the stupid telehealth intake appointment back in early January. It's kind of frustraiting that Kaiser pushes so hard for teletherapy because every time something like this pops up I end up going through like 3 layers and constant "no, teletherapy is not an option for me for a huge variety of reasons" hoopla.

So good luck to my big boss who might have to cover for me for a bit in the morning.

Never ever feel bad about poo poo going wrong at work because you went to a doctor for treatment.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Skwirl posted:

Never ever feel bad about poo poo going wrong at work because you went to a doctor for treatment.

Yep. No matter what your job is, it will never be loyal to you. Take care of yourself.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

LeeMajors posted:

Musk can buy anything in the world except what he wants—a true poster’s energy.

It is amazing the lengths he'll go to just because he really wants to be liked. The video of him in a conference room with the three lackeys is more uncomfortable than anything in The Office or Nathan For You

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

100% I always tell my staff if you got hit by a bus tomorrow the company would have to carry on. Take the day, make the appointment, whatever. Life's too short.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I met slider, the official mascot of curling at the brier today

yes, that is an AAF hotshots jacket.

I am a lifelong fan.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Blowjob Overtime posted:

It is amazing the lengths he'll go to just because he really wants to be liked. The video of him in a conference room with the three lackeys is more uncomfortable than anything in The Office or Nathan For You

Money can buy happiness, but it can't buy contentment.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

FizFashizzle posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1633240643727138824?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

I defamed him and announced his medical history to the world because I received faulty information about him.

Elon did what now??

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Or went on vacation. Or had a family emergency. Or just needed a loving day off, for any reason.

Work ain’t life, and if the company can’t survive somebody being out, then that’s not a you problem at all.

In much better news, found this and thought of our local Saints fans

https://twitter.com/_breeeeen_/status/1633279426787000320

(I’m sure these shirts exist for Many Teams but this is the one found)

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Skwirl posted:

It's less that I feel bad and more that it's making me stress out bit because it's going to be a shitshow. I'll talk it out in the morning with my direct supervisor just to have a plan and that will help. My unit is very supportive of taking your time off for whatever reason yoj want and will cover, so I've got that going.

On the plus side my kitty sweater will be here this week and I'm looking forward to making my cat wear it while his fur grows back.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

harperdc posted:

No ring??

I *think* it was in this thread, but there's a youtube of like 10 minutes of Kobe Bryant doing Exactly The Same Thing Michael Jordan did. I can't find it!!! hlep!!!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ether Frenzy posted:

I *think* it was in this thread, but there's a youtube of like 10 minutes of Kobe Bryant doing Exactly The Same Thing Michael Jordan did. I can't find it!!! hlep!!!

I think there are several versions of this type of thing out there, but maybe this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbckK5I0mjo

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

harperdc posted:

Or went on vacation. Or had a family emergency. Or just needed a loving day off, for any reason.

Work ain’t life, and if the company can’t survive somebody being out, then that’s not a you problem at all.

(I’m sure these shirts exist for Many Teams but this is the one found)

At least we had a ring.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Qwijib0 posted:

I met slider, the official mascot of curling at the brier today

yes, that is an AAF hotshots jacket.

I am a lifelong fan.

I love when mascots engage with fans.

This was in 2013, when I was living in Baltimore.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

At least we had a ring.
:thurman:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Blood work shows a A1C of 5.8, my newfound habit of eating a share size Snickers bar EVERY NIGHT for the last 2 months has yielded consequences……

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pron on VHS posted:

Blood work shows a A1C of 5.8, my newfound habit of eating a share size Snickers bar EVERY NIGHT for the last 2 months has yielded consequences……

Looking through my MyChart, my A1C was 9.2 in December, when I was diagnosed from being pre-diabetic to actually diabetic.

I had some blood work done a week or two ago, and my A1C came in at 4.8.

Amazing what counting carbs can do for someone.

Hang in there, you can do this.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Pron on VHS posted:

That is literally the smallest amount it can be elevated, most A1Cs are considered normal at 5.7 and below. You aren't looking at medications or insulin or anything like that any time soon.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
nothing I've been enjoying more than reading my Warhammer 40K novel while chomping on a share size Snickers bar. Didn't realize how bad it made my pancrase feel :(

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

LeeMajors posted:

They’re going to get a big dose of clinical experience and the culture shock is going to be hilarious.

This would be the one and only PUBLIC SAFETY 911 REAL EMERGENCIES!!! type show I would watch religiously.

Re: short medics. I've been waiting 2 months to start orientation at my LTE medic gig. It was supposed to be today but for cancelled Monday. I'm not going to remember poo poo by the time I start.

Silly Burrito posted:

At least we had a ring.

:perfect:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
You can probably still chomp said Snickers bar, just cut some carbs elsewhere. Do you exercise at all? The good news is that you really only need to make some minor adjustments now. The bad news is if you don't, then it's gonna get serious and be real hard a few years from now and likely involve meds.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

This would be the one and only PUBLIC SAFETY 911 REAL EMERGENCIES!!! type show I would watch religiously.

I’ve sequestered myself in a vacation station and I’m only regretting not being there for their first visits to our frequent flyers who call 5-7 times a day.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I got labs done yesterday and I kinda wish I would've continued dry January going just to see how much difference there is. (Although last year's labs were done 30 days without a drink.)

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

My work does a wellness check every year and my glucose was a tad high, I think 101 (they don't do A1C), and my bilirubin was at 1.5 mg.dl. Not sure if I should really be concerned on the bilirubin, I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for later in the year. All my other levels were perfectly fine, so I'm not really worried right now.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bird in a Blender posted:

My work does a wellness check every year and my glucose was a tad high, I think 101 (they don't do A1C), and my bilirubin was at 1.5 mg.dl. Not sure if I should really be concerned on the bilirubin, I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for later in the year. All my other levels were perfectly fine, so I'm not really worried right now.

did you have cream in your coffee that morning?

those numbers are just variance

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

did you have cream in your coffee that morning?

those numbers are just variance

I always find it funny when folks panic over glucose 100-120 when most of my patients live >250mg/dl.

I’d venture most Americans have some degree of insuin resistance but I don’t even raise an eyebrow unless it’s over 200 in a non diabetic (and over 350 in a diabetic) or if it’s under 60 in anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Leperflesh posted:

I believe there's a device that prevents gas from flowing if the thermocouple or thermostat isn't working. That device or the thermocouple or thermostat can break. The failsafe mode is to shut off the gas. It isn't usually necessary to outright replace an entire water heater when it won't light. You can hire a plumber or you can try troubleshooting it yourself, if you have a multimeter.

Managed to tinker around with it and got it working again, hopefully it is not a reoccurring issue.

Bird in a Blender posted:

My glucose was 100 last time I got tested which they said was pre-diabetes, but my A1C was 4.9%, which based on their written blurb averages out to a glucose level of 94. I could imagine some level of anxiety spiking glucose a bit?