Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is last to drop out of the primary before trump is nominated?
This poll is closed.
desantis 128 29.91%
rubio 33 7.71%
haley 57 13.32%
goku 210 49.07%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Greg Legg posted:

He's right. This is crazy.

perfect call me maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Iron Crowned posted:

Master & Commander rules, if anyone says otherwise, they should be keelhauled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHIF4AtseYc

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i would rather eat a big plate of spaghetti than pet those rats

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I saw Violent Femmes in 2017. They were all very old

2016 for free in Prospect Park, and same.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

kaleedity posted:

exciting new roles for truancy officers in arkansas

Small children can be very useful in squirreling into dark and dangerous places. It's fiscal irresponsibility for Arkansas to not do something about it!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1633500746015547399

Apr 7, 2003

a.lo posted:

i would rather eat a big plate of spaghetti than pet those rats

a sad, sick man

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
hi boys

Apr 7, 2003

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Mexico is a close ally of the US and I'm sure they're very excited about their ally considering legislation that lets them invade

You almost might suspect Graham is working on behalf of the interests of somebody other than the United States sometimes.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
id get rats but my dog has a very high prey drive and i'm sure they'd be gobbled the instant they got out of their cage

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

William Bear posted:

From the context of the poem, Catallus is saying it's a Celtiberian (modern-day northeast Spain) practice.

So I think Italians are off the hook if this one!

That's one for the Italians!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
she's already chased down and killed two squirrels

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

The Spanish are just Italians with better PR

What about the French?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:wave:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Governor Huckabee has removed the right of parents to be informed of or consent to their young minor children getting a job.

Before Huckabee Sanders signed the Youth Hiring Act, state law prohibited "children under 16 from working more than eight hours a day, more than six days a week and more than 48 hours per week," KNOE reported. "Opponents of House Bill 1410 have expressed concerns it will open the door to violations of these child labor requirements and put children at risk of human trafficking."

Quartz also reports that Governor Huckabee, who mentions her own three children in her official state biography, signed the law stripping rights from parents and children just weeks after the U.S. Dept. of Labor fined a slaughterhouse cleaning company $1.5 million for child labor violations, involving over 100 children. That fine includes $150,000 for two locations in Huckabee's state of Arkansas.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Mayor Dave posted:

she's already chased down and killed two squirrels

those squirrels were no angels

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Stop trusting corporations to do "the right thing"

they never will
they must be forced to comply kicking and screaming

I think you will find they consistently act with fiscal responsibility.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://twitter.com/jinxsocialwork/status/1632789789299838976?s=46&t=z3uF6wUvSqPNGhOasO9PNQ

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

ex post facho posted:

lmfo I'm just going to point to missipissi whenever someone talks about American exceptionalism

exceptionally bad!

Weird that u need a state law to tell you to do a part of your job (finding the perp)

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Bethamphetamine posted:

Governor Huckabee has removed the right of parents to be informed of or consent to their young minor children getting a job.

Before Huckabee Sanders signed the Youth Hiring Act, state law prohibited "children under 16 from working more than eight hours a day, more than six days a week and more than 48 hours per week," KNOE reported. "Opponents of House Bill 1410 have expressed concerns it will open the door to violations of these child labor requirements and put children at risk of human trafficking."

Quartz also reports that Governor Huckabee, who mentions her own three children in her official state biography, signed the law stripping rights from parents and children just weeks after the U.S. Dept. of Labor fined a slaughterhouse cleaning company $1.5 million for child labor violations, involving over 100 children. That fine includes $150,000 for two locations in Huckabee's state of Arkansas.

lol

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

petit choux posted:

Small children can be very useful in squirreling into dark and dangerous places. It's fiscal irresponsibility for Arkansas to not do something about it!

this brought back memories of having to crawl under our back porch and unlock the house anytime my dad forgot the keys when i was like 7. so many spiders...

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

BoothBaberGinsburg posted:

this brought back memories of having to crawl under our back porch and unlock the house anytime my dad forgot the keys when i was like 7. so many spiders...

poo poo, it's just like a real life "The Last of Us" gameplay segment

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

jesus loving christ lmao

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Buddykins posted:

those squirrels were no angels

They are now!

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Getting rid of the restrictions regarding child labor is making me feel crazy. This country/culture is so weird and creepy about children. Goddamn.

Apr 7, 2003

Mayor Dave posted:

id get rats but my dog has a very high prey drive and i'm sure they'd be gobbled the instant they got out of their cage

I have an entire separate room for my rats that I keep closed at all times and they get to free-roam around the room for at least an hour a day

last night one of them was hanging out in my sweatshirt and I just noticed that she chewed a hole into the shoulder of my t-shirt while she was in there.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol she's a moran.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

My dad would always have projects, like running CAT 5 throughout the house, that I would have to stop watching X-Men to perform. Somehow I was the only one who could go under the house to do them, luckily there were no spiders for me to contend with, but it seemed like there should be.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

tacodaemon posted:

the usual hosed up responses to this tweet of course

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1633409742025490432

Trying and failing to imagine somebody seeing the rest of that headline and thinking "I need to know if she was married before I know what to think of this"

Apr 7, 2003

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Greg Legg posted:

Getting rid of the restrictions regarding child labor is making me feel crazy. This country/culture is so weird and creepy about children. Goddamn.

they must be protected from leftist ideology like knowing what gender you are or what kind of person you might like to fall in love with, but not protected from dying in a grain silo accident on the job (died before they could be turned gay, so it's ok)

Apr 7, 2003

they must be protected from leftist ideology like knowing what gender you are or what kind of person you might like to fall in love with, but not protected from dying in a grain silo accident on the job (died before they could be turned gay, so it's ok)

Someone posted an anti-transgender activist yesterday saying that some children "are born to suffer and die," very cool.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

CaptainBeefart posted:

Lol she's a moran.

When people unironically think she is a good candidate I feel like I am taking crazy pills

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Greg Legg posted:

Just another human right we enshrined in the loving 20s getting taken away

but everything is okay, if this freaks you out it's a you problem, not the world

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

kids don't need to learn crt, they need to learn how to field dress a wound in case a coworker gets their hand chopped off by a saw blade. protect are children. thank you.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Mass school shootings are a test of your faith in God, and you pass by lessening restrictions on guns afterward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Bethamphetamine posted:

Mass school shootings are a test of your faith in God, and you pass by lessening restrictions on guns afterward

kids can't get shot in schools if they're working in factories