Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

arsenicCatnip posted:

can confirm, am stupid as gently caress

also adding to the choir of people who solo'd the variable; did it on strandlock. My normal swarmers+grapple+anarchy build got me through til the boss where I swapped over to wendy and shackle nades for maximum burst damage and crowd control. It was really loving fun, definitely my fave of all the exotic missions so far

I soloed past the first encounter with a volatile/invis hunter build, then died while hopping around and kept spawning over a slide that rocketed me into a bottomless pit so I had to call in the cavalry (gogo) to rez me somewhere reasonable

it was very funny and the mission kicks rear end. also it turns out you can JiP on someone mid-mission and still get the glaive without doing any rigamarole in the EDZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

RBX posted:

I saw a dude fondly using rose tinted glasses for the days of D1 finding a hiding spot to plink at a boss for 10 minutes and I could never understand how that's fun.

Yeah I don't have much else to say on the issue of Destiny Difficulty that hasn't already been said. If they don't want people soaring through a Grandmaster in eight minutes I understand that* but raising the floor on the basic-est of basic activities like patrols and seasonal activities was stupid as gently caress. I believe people when they say the new seasonal activity is fun because the levels do seem cool but yesterday I did two runs of it that took a half hour each with teammates that probably spent more time dead than alive and that put me off of playing for the rest of the night.

(*I would understand it if it wasn't for the fact that rolling RNG on the roll you want of an adept weapon is a loving chore, signed, a guy who ran GM Warden eighteen times two weeks ago and didn't get anything close to a good roll on Wendigo)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I feel like the delta between a solid build and 'just whatever' is massive right now, and that's contributing to some of the disparity in impressions

You can instantly refill armor charges on finisher right now, giving endless special ammo, or grenade energy, or whatever you want (which is absolutely lmao on the void titan with severance enclosure and the new fragment that causes volatile explosions - finishers make everything volatile, severance triggers, everything explodes, void explodes, spreads void, your grenade refills, repeat)

You can cc entire rooms with all three classes using strand, all while clouds of angry green hornets crash console players around you

Solar is still as absurd as ever, burning warlock is somehow even better

The only one I haven't hosed with or seen anyone use much is arc, but given the season focus that makes sense

Like the campaign, I thought it was much easier than WQ legendary :confused:

Likewise, in post-campaign stuff, these builds feel insanely busted to me, even more than stuff I was running the last few seasons

The two biggest gripes I've seen that I totally agree with are legendary primaries feel like poo poo (they've always been bad, the changes just exposed how bad), and this fps-damage poo poo needs to get fixed, dying because your fps is too high is amazing, and it seems to affect a bunch of attacks

Oh and gently caress legend lost sectors forever

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I still use arc hunter and it's basically dodge in, punch a dude to make them explode, repeat while liars handshake and collecting orbs heal me. Use trinity Ghoul on the next pack to soften them up and repeat.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Feb 23 Lightfall LC was easier than Feb 22 Witch Queen LC because Resilience didn't do anything until the Season of the Haunted. If you did the WQ Legendary Campaign when resilience was knocking off 40% of incoming damage, then it was super duper easy compared to LF's (also easy, but less so) Legendary Campaign

So reddit has figured out why artifact mods & especially the volatile rounds & champion stun mods are so finicky.

Apparently the rework to builds is causing the game to run aground of the internal Perk Budget, aka the hard cap on how many 'effects' can be routed through a gun barrel

All the armor charge mods, surge boots, activity modifiers, and artifact mods are vying for the Weapon Perk Budget, and when you roll over the cap, it starts shaving off effects. Starting with the artifact, starting with the final column, and working its way back toward the first column, pruning off any weapon effects.

Most noticeable if you're wearing head to toe Artifice Armor with perks in every slot and a fully upgraded Artifact. The game literally just shuts off Volatile Rounds, Barrier Sidearm, etc and won't 'look' for it again until you reset your artifact or reboot the game

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Feb 23 Lightfall LC was easier than Feb 22 Witch Queen LC because Resilience didn't do anything until the Season of the Haunted. If you did the WQ Legendary Campaign when resilience was knocking off 40% of incoming damage, then it was super duper easy compared to LF's (also easy, but less so) Legendary Campaign

So reddit has figured out why artifact mods & especially the volatile rounds & champion stun mods are so finicky.

Apparently the rework to builds is causing the game to run aground of the internal Perk Budget, aka the hard cap on how many 'effects' can be routed through a gun barrel

All the armor charge mods, surge boots, activity modifiers, and artifact mods are vying for the Weapon Perk Budget, and when you roll over the cap, it starts shaving off effects. Starting with the artifact, starting with the final column, and working its way back toward the first column, pruning off any weapon effects.

Most noticeable if you're wearing head to toe Artifice Armor with perks in every slot and a fully upgraded Artifact. The game literally just shuts off Volatile Rounds, Barrier Sidearm, etc and won't 'look' for it again until you reset your artifact or reboot the game

Idiots

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

victrix posted:

I feel like the delta between a solid build and 'just whatever' is massive right now, and that's contributing to some of the disparity in impressions

Oh and gently caress legend lost sectors forever

I agree with all of this, and also can't help but think of the person earlier who said, when having trouble with calus, something along the lines of "actually using these grappling points really helped". Like...yeah?? People being super mad at blender room and calus make a lot more sense if you imagine them never using grapple to get out of danger pretty much whenever you want. You can even use the follow-up before you hit the ground to blow everything up after every point you swing to!

The new planet definitely is too high of a LL though. As much as I like the current difficulty in general, it's way too tedious to kill a lot of things there for too long after finishing the campaign even on legendary. Most primary ammo weapons just feel bad right now in a lot of content. Maybe it's the kind of thing that sorts itself out as the average LL floats towards the cap, but in the meantime a lot of things are kinda miserable. I imagine that bug where lots of mods just stop working on respawn til you reslot them has not helped any of this.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

MORE DAKKA, MORE

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Is Fighting Lion just totally busted in PVE? Internet says it’s doing way too much damage to red bars, but I’ve never really used it and it seems pretty normal on Legendary?

I may just try and use it to heat legendary if so, until it gets the nerf bat.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Me: “I’d like good perks that don’t fall off while you're playing.”

Bungie designer: “…”

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Most noticeable if you're wearing head to toe Artifice Armor with perks in every slot and a fully upgraded Artifact.

I just put a 4x artifice armor build lmao oh gently caress

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
That said I know for a fact if the too many perks are caused by weapons you can redo your equipped stuff and get back to a state where the perks are active, you don’t need to reset the artifact or reboot.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
*looking at the mod situation* World …Blurst??? Raid??

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Not to worry, Bungie is hard at work getting things back to working order

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1633395754537721856?s=20

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Not to worry, Bungie is hard at work getting things back to working order

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1633395754537721856?s=20

Phew, it's comforting to know they've got their priorities straight.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

*looking at the mod situation* World …Blurst??? Raid??

the mod situation is always concerning.

anyway, fun story, if the boss of the legendary mission falls off the stage, it'll glitch and the portal to the next area won't open up and you'll have to wipe lmao

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/TheTrueVanguard/status/1633334371313758208?s=20

If people who do nothing all day but play your game can't get drops, something's wrong.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ffs red border drops are lovely for LF guns. Can't even focus on drops, it's random poo poo for the ones you can craft and then the low chance for them to be red anyway. We're right back where we started lmao. And lol at the crafting prices in this iteration of the sandbox.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Between Musk and Bungie this has been the hardest week on record to not say “ret$&d”

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Weren’t you all paying attention when Joe explained how random drops are more exciting than getting the cool thing you want in a reasonable, predictable time frame?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Don’t you only need like 2 red frames per gun*

*you get 1 red frame for each gun doing the full campaign and side quest. So that’s 3 for everything if you run on all characters before you even start farming for poo poo.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
e: completely misread the post I was responding to, please ignore!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

crow threw out a dialog line at me during a heist today that was about how falling is the worst way to die because you have time to think on the way down, and that was the most i ever related in my destiny experience to an npc

i mean really, the fall off of seraph station didn't need to be that long of an animation

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

*you get 1 red frame for each gun doing the full campaign and side quest. So that’s 3 for everything if you run on all characters before you even start farming for poo poo.

I’m seeing double! 3 campaigns!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Personally I think it's funny how many bad decisions they've justified over they years in the name of preserving time-to-kill, and now everything is a bullet sponge that takes a full clip to take out.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
For me personally, Bungie has already tipped their hand a little bit with how they handled redboxes last year. There is a repeating pattern: they release new craftables, the drop rates are dogshit, everyone has a poo poo time grinding them out, and at some later point they up the redbox rates to ease things out. They did this with Wellspring, with DSC, by adding a purchase-redbox perk to Plunder's vendor, and by making all purchasable vendor redboxes a daily and not weekly reset near the end of the year.

They're going to do this with with Neomuna too. The correct response and action is simply to identify when a grind is too difficult and then not do it until it's improved. I didn't step foot in DSC despite wanting nearly every weapon when it launched with 5-10% redbox rates and I won't do the same for whatever raid gets that treatment this year either. Hell, I'm a bit annoyed with myself that I wasted any time grinding a bunch of useless Plunder weapons that still sit at level 1 in my vault when I could have just grabbed them right before LF from the accelerated daily vendor purchases, if I felt being a completionist was so important.

I don't know if this is them making mistakes and then fixing them, or intentionally starting slow to artificially goose engagement numbers and then speed up later when it doesn't matter. Ultimately, the distinction doesn't matter. I'm well past the point of fully engaging with Bungie's gameplay systems if I don't like how they're presenting those systems to me. They will ultimately play by our standards and not their own, and I have a full year+ of game economy decisions backing that conclusion up at this point.

If you're subjecting yourself to a poo poo grind in Destiny and you're not enjoying it very much, but that's actually how you want to interact with the game, then I respect that. But you should understand that Bungie themselves will invalidate that effort after enough real world time has passed.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Run the campaign 3 times is a partial solution to the problem

It's not a GOOD solution though, and there's no way, absolutely no way Bungie intended for everyone to play 3 characters in order to get the weapon patterns

I strongly believe the Neomuna weapons (erroneously? intentionally?) use the Initial DSC Redframe rate and will get fixed in the next couple weeks

Numbers Guy made a lot of mistakes this season but hopefully it's a fast, easy fix and we'll have that & the 750/11,000 Commendation numbers brought on down to reality

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
It doesn’t matter if you only need one red frame if you can’t get that one red frame to drop in sixty loving nimbus ranks.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Heroic patrols were being kind of generous with patterns until they weren't. But honestly, Red Robin is not loving worth grinding for lol.

But also, its funny because the season content seems pretty generous with patterns.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

Heroic patrols were being kind of generous with patterns until they weren't. But honestly, Red Robin is not loving worth grinding for lol.

But also, its funny because the season content seems pretty generous with patterns.

Yeah that's why I think Neomuna specifically has the bugged/original DSC redframe rate

I've done four battlegrounds and have 3 redframes

I'm Nimbus 40, did the campaign two times, and don't have a single Neptune Gun past 3/5

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Run the campaign 3 times is a partial solution to the problem

It's not a GOOD solution though, and there's no way, absolutely no way Bungie intended for everyone to play 3 characters in order to get the weapon patterns

I mean yeah I agree it ain’t great but you DO need to run it 3 times for strand on everyone so the red frames are a nice bonus for that time sink. Also running it the first time in legendary and then flying through it on regular on the other 2 characters is way easier. I threw some strand guns on my warlock and blitzed through the whole thing never coming close to dying in a few hours.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I would really like to know why Bungie has not only declined to alleviate the grind needed to fully unlock Stasis but then make it arguably worse to fully unlock Strand. Like, what’s their argument there

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
How this is going to go:

Some people in this thread: Eh, the drop rate doesn't seem that bad, it's not bugged.
Bungie in a week: We fixed the bugged drop rate.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah that's why I think Neomuna specifically has the bugged/original DSC redframe rate

I've done four battlegrounds and have 3 redframes

I'm Nimbus 40, did the campaign two times, and don't have a single Neptune Gun past 3/5

Battlegrounds are designed to specifically give either a red frame or high stat armor when you spend a key.

But also, the milestone engrams have seemed oddly generous too, since i've completed a few battlegrounds where I end up getting two red frames at the same time.

Neomuna seems to have 0 guaranteed red frames. Initially I thought Partition was guaranteed because my first 2 characters who did it got patterns, but then my third character didn't, and my first run this week didn't either.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pirate Jet posted:

I would really like to know why Bungie has not only declined to alleviate the grind needed to fully unlock Stasis but then make it arguably worse to fully unlock Strand. Like, what’s their argument there

Annoying as it is, this is not as bad as Stasis. Here you can just kill poo poo with strand anywhere doing anything and the currency slowly builds up. Beyond Light’s post campaign campaign to unlock everything sucked rear end. It only became manageable when Ager’s came out and suddenly you had a reliable endless way of getting stasis kills which were at the time an annoying abilities based bottleneck.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

FlapYoJacks posted:

How this is going to go:

Some people in this thread: Eh, the drop rate doesn't seem that bad, it's not bugged.
Bungie in a week: We fixed the bugged drop rate.

"Who cares if you don't have it in the first week of the season, you have all YEAR to get them!"

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Pirate Jet posted:

I do not understand this argument. Stasis fragments are not only time-locked but stuck under really onerous requirements (50 melee kills in Gambit or w/e.) Strand fragments just require a currency which drops as you play w/o any real requirements for you other than running Strand. I only unlocked everything for Stasis a few weeks ago, but I could easily finish Strand in another week or two.

Or are you referring to new aspects coming in future seasons? Who knows how those will shake out, sure

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Games as a service is a sin, but Destiny seems to be the last refuge of silly FPS guns that do something more than just shoot bullets in a straight line.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

HaitianDivorce posted:

I do not understand this argument. Stasis fragments are not only time-locked but stuck under really onerous requirements (50 melee kills in Gambit or w/e.) Strand fragments just require a currency which drops as you play w/o any real requirements for you other than running Strand. I only unlocked everything for Stasis a few weeks ago, but I could easily finish Strand in another week or two.

Or are you referring to new aspects coming in future seasons? Who knows how those will shake out, sure

My argument for Strand being worse is that you didn’t have to unlock the fragments every time for each class for Stasis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pirate Jet posted:

My argument for Strand being worse is that you didn’t have to unlock the fragments every time for each class for Stasis.

You had to get the aspects the hard way on all 3 characters, though. (I think)