Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
calming, beautiful, and perfectly balanced. makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Sagebrush posted:

this sort of thing was cool as poo poo and it really sucks that nobody is allowed to have fun with computers anymore.

yeah. everyone likes to bag on wobbly windows but wobbly windows were fun. not everything needs to be this minimalist museum piece bullshit.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

calming, beautiful, and perfectly balanced. makes sense

full of gross bugs

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

rotor posted:

full of gross bugs

and stank

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

akadajet posted:

Windows forms is actually maintained now and open source. It’s a better option now than it ever has been. even high dpi works

so why tf aren't we using it?!?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Truman Peyote posted:

so why tf aren't we using it?!?

because shipping a browser runtime with apps has become en vogue

burning swine
May 26, 2004

any day now google is going to announce that every chrome tab is going to launch its own full stack VM to get closer to the metal

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

so tired of lovely browser uis

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sagebrush posted:

this sort of thing was cool as poo poo and it really sucks that nobody is allowed to have fun with computers anymore.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i’d never even heard of them

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

quote:

characterized by a series of peat ridges (strings) and hollows (flarks)

hollows are now flarks. ridges go sideways.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

akadajet posted:

pleasure Kevin but british

this is harsh because i believe the only part of pleasure kevin we've seen is his rear end

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

jesus this is the pics thread what the gently caress

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Cat Face Joe posted:

this is harsh because i believe the only part of pleasure kevin we've seen is his rear end

Carry On Kevving (starring Sid James as Pleasurekevin)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

also check out some of those folders in the back. instant nostalgia

Dang. Those were fun times

edit: Iconfactory has an archive of s bunch of their stuff https://freeware.iconfactory.com/icons

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 8, 2023

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Dang. Those were fun times
there was also the 'gizmo' theme

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i LOVE uno and I have a bunch of the newer ones but my mum found this in the garage, 1979! older than me. still has the rule book

I prefer OG rules but almost everyone I know likes to play stacking rules etc

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

customization will improve when a userscript injector for electron apps gets properly popular, just you wait

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

customization will improve when a userscript injector for electron apps gets properly popular, just you wait

i feel like discord is pretty popular but idk

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
uno is the best, idk if they thought it out so well or if it was a fluke but the way that basically getting closer to winning (having less cards) reduces your chances of having a card to put down means it’s common to come close to winning and then get hosed up and the opposite is true too. i’ve had some games go thru the entire deck

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Uno sucks, play Red 7 instead

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

FMguru posted:

there was also the 'gizmo' theme

Everyone had to try that once.

What was that software? I've forgotten the name

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MiniFoo posted:

Uno sucks, play Red 7 instead

fuckin rude man i just said I LOVE uno and you tell me it sucks ! more like your balls suck

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

love to log on and cruise through cyberwindowspace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR8x5Wb26ew

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

rotor posted:

so tired of lovely browser uis

same

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
gizmo* theme

* latest fad

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

Cat Face Joe posted:

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

lomarf

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

idk I think shaggar is with me on this one

the git ui is the worst loving thing. I litterrally submitted a ticket about it earlier cause it was driving me insane

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
most of my vs tickets get rejected for being too hostile

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Cat Face Joe posted:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

missed the opportunity to label the speaker "soundblaster"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Uno is just crazy eights for babies. Learn to play crazy eights and you don't need a special deck of cards and you can use as many or as few house rules as you want.

echinopsis posted:

uno is the best, idk if they thought it out so well or if it was a fluke but

They literally took crazy eights and made a custom deck for little kids who have trouble identifying the suits or remembering what each card does. It's exactly the same game.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 8, 2023

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

ahahaha

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

just play whist like a proper englishman

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Everyone had to try that once.

What was that software? I've forgotten the name

there was a brief period when it had official theming support from apple. I think that image is actually one of the stock themes. there was another one that looked like dark mode. no idea if there were ever any third party themes, this was in the last days of macos classic and the first os x release dropped support

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
gizmo was a stock theme, but you might be thinking of kaleidoscope gats

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

lol

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Nfcknblvbl posted:

i don't like how some websites have a 'show password' button in the same spot where i'm trying to use my password vault extension

this is maddening. the password managers need to find a different place to put that graphic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

haveblue posted:

there was a brief period when it had official theming support from apple. I think that image is actually one of the stock themes. there was another one that looked like dark mode. no idea if there were ever any third party themes, this was in the last days of macos classic and the first os x release dropped support
the gizmo and drafting table themes were shown off in sneak previews of upcoming versions of (classic) mac os in the 1990s. apple was so bad at actually getting os software out the door that they stayed stuck as sneak previews for years and years. meanwhile, third-party projects (like kaleidoscope) cloned the previewed themes (and added a ton of their own) so apple ended up being beaten to the punch by people cloning (and finishing) their demos

i think those modes were never actually released except as developer-only previews - but it didnt matter, because kaleidoscope et al gave you the same functionality anyway

there is a reason why one of the big changes jobs made to apple when he returned was no more sneak previews and cracking down hard on leaks