Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

BonHair posted:

Good thing is English so we know it barely works.

Also, are you supposed to get a loving visa to seek asylum? How about a note from your country of origin?

Depends. What color is your skin? They let plenty of Ukranians in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Rishi Sunak is a monster.

"Remember, if you're here without a visa, we will let our businesses profit from your unwilling labor!"

Being "denied access to the UK's modern slavery system" just sounds like you're not allowed to get a job

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

ekuNNN posted:

Being "denied access to the UK's modern slavery system" just sounds like you're not allowed to get a job

Bit of a harsh read on Job Centre.

Also lol the pick me prime minister going full fash on immigrants.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

It's probably his only path to home ownership

Wait he works in an office

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

"Remember, if you're here without a visa, we will let our businesses profit from your unwilling labor!"

Based on the image it sounds more like if you're here without a visa you aren't allowed the opportunity to be a slave

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Orange Devil posted:

That's not a modern system though.

Their rations are digitized.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The UK lets itself be ruled by a king, and next thing you know slavery is legal again

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
It's a system designed to combat modern slavery. So that legitimately means if you come here illegally they won't give a poo poo if you're a slave

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I like when Mr Beast traps some poor gently caress in a 100 sq. ft. circle for 100 days with the promise of life-changing money and then tortures the poo poo out of them. Funny stuff

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Today, I'm going to shoot 5 single mothers with paintball guns. The last one to tap out wins $50,000! I am a philanthropist.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I read that as illegal immigrants not being allowed to purchase slaves in the UK. Only those who immigrate legally can get modern slaves.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Today, I'm going to shoot 5 single mothers with paintball guns. The last one to tap out wins $50,000! I am a philanthropist.

still better than almost any other business practice

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

How much you want to bet he's got a couch in his office and a pillow/toothbrush in his desk?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mr. Piste, because he grooms children like a snowcat grooms ski slopes

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

cat botherer posted:

One thing I hate is that loving every load bearing part, gear, etc is always made out of plastic nowadays because no one wants to cast/machine custom metal parts I guess. Like one example, I'm big into using a lot of black pepper in my food, so a good and fast pepper grinder is important for me. I went though a couple different "consumer" grinders that all broke quickly (plastic), so then I bought a fancy expensive "restaurant quality" grinder for like eighty goddamn bucks. Everything visible on it was either wood or metal, so I thought I was good to go. Fast forward two months, and the piece of poo poo breaks. Turns out the main load bearing part, this gear, was plastic. Everything else was metal, except for the specific part that had the most stress on it.

Peugeot makes French mills. salt, pepper at least. I paid 40€ for a set. Wood with metal parts in the grinder:

https://youtu.be/OgjjfW-DNMg

Ihmemies has issued a correction as of 09:11 on Mar 8, 2023

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

BonHair posted:

Also, are you supposed to get a loving visa to seek asylum? How about a note from your country of origin?

I think you're supposed to just not seek asylum.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Ihmemies posted:

Peugeot makes French mills. salt, pepper at least. I paid 40€ for a set. Wood with metal parts in the grinder:

https://youtu.be/OgjjfW-DNMg

I love my Peugeot Grinder, first one I owned that has lasted more than a month without breaking going on year 3.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I’m going to inherit my grandparents pepper grinder that has been around for close to 40 years. all wood and metal.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I feel like some of those plastic breaking parts in pepper grinders are less planned obsolescence and more "this used to lead to metal shavings or cracked fillings as it failed" kinda like crumpling new cars vs steel deathtraps that wouldn't yield.

But then again the only pepper grinder failure I've seen has been a metal one once, I'm sure if I was shattering plastic ones every meal I'd have a different take.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
now instead of cracking our teeth we get to eat filet mignon à la microplastics

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Just take those little mini packets of pepper they put out at restaurants

Unless you're too bougie for the workingman's pepper

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

tokin opposition posted:

Christ I hate asking for 10-12 of those every time I need them. Doesn't stop me, but I hate doing it.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

tokin opposition posted:

You can’t adjust coarseness of the grind without a pepper mill.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
and you can't pepper fast enough without a Pepper Cannon by Mannkitchen

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Note: IANAE(ngineer)

Isn't the whole point of mixing materials in machines to make sure that if something does break under excessive force it's more likely to be a cheap and easily replaceable part?

If all the moving stuff is just made of adamantium, any sufficient stress will break either multiple parts or only the thinnest one, regardless of where it is.

Of course it's up to the manufacturer to determinere what level of force is considered excessive but that should be reflected in the price, as long as you're not paying a premium for aesthetics.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

jeebus bob posted:

Isn't the whole point of mixing materials in machines to make sure that if something does break under excessive force it's more likely to be a cheap and easily replaceable part?

If all the moving stuff is just made of adamantium, any sufficient stress will break either multiple parts or only the thinnest one, regardless of where it is.

Of course it's up to the manufacturer to determinere what level of force is considered excessive but that should be reflected in the price, as long as you're not paying a premium for aesthetics.

you can also make very resilient plastic parts and lovely metal ones so it’s even more complicated than you might initially think

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
its a pepper grinder. its grinding pepper corns. why should it ever break.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

jeebus bob posted:

Lol this dipshit thinks products are made for quality rather than profit margin

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Peggotty posted:

I think you're supposed to just not seek asylum.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

its a pepper grinder. its grinding pepper corns. why should it ever break.

So you'll have to buy a new one?

What I said about sacrificial weak parts was a general question about mechanical design.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Too late, already came

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Just get a mortar and pestle, dude

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Just get a mortar and pestle, dude

if it's not advertised on a podcast then i'm not interested

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

you too can wind up friendless, never invited to cool beach parties, with only your smartboat “Sea Grinder” as a companion

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

edging in a nutshell

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

tokin opposition posted:

Enjoy your stale pepper

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

let me just call the pepper mill supply depot and get a replacement part asap over here

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just use a rock

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Colonel Cancer posted:

Just use your dick

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

COPE 27 posted:

Enjoy your stale pepper

enjoy your pepper grinder in the gulag