Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://twitter.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1633192441657393154?s=20

winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Actually that's an unaltered PS5

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

ngl that's hideous

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
just because you can doesn't mean you should

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
also, gently caress yeah civ 6
already put in a bunch of hours on PC but looking forward to sinking back in. march looking absolutely stacked

store reviews on civ 6 reckon it's buggy/crashy on series consoles, true or just typical whingers?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

webmeister posted:

store reviews on civ 6 reckon it's buggy/crashy on series consoles, true or just typical whingers?
I saw somebody on Reddit (yeah, yeah, I know) say it had a lot of crash issues on Xbone but that they were fixed on Series. So, uh, YMMV I guess?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Guilty Gear rules

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

webmeister posted:

also, gently caress yeah civ 6
already put in a bunch of hours on PC but looking forward to sinking back in. march looking absolutely stacked

afaik Civ6 crashes a lot on the previous gen. Many hours on the XSX and I experienced exactly 2 CTD's, but you can set autosave to every turn if you want.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I have a series s on my 4k TV for the kids. Is setting it to 1080p at 120hz the play it just let it do whatever at 4k/60hz?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Here we go my dudes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raWbElTCea8

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Cool! Game Sep 6, presentation June 11. Never heard of anyone announcing a presentation so early before.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They also confirmed that June 11th is when they're doing their "E3" summer showcase, with the Starfield thing being separate afterwards.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I've heard rumors that insiders and leakers are calling this the "Summer of Xbox".

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Aw man I wanted a delay jpeg not a video

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I am ready to field stars

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
10 months after the original announced date. Hopefully this means we skip past the months of patching and then patches to fix patches that typically come with a BGS game

All in all I’m hyped though

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

This just means they needed 10 months more to get to a state where the game will need months of patches on launch, without straight up failing certification on Xbox

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

The Illusive Man posted:

10 months after the original announced date. Hopefully this means we skip past the months of patching and then patches to fix patches that typically come with a BGS game

lmao I can't wait to install the same day 1 fanpatch that fixes the same bugs that date back to Morrowind.

The mod scene is going to popoff though, its going to be great

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

The Illusive Man posted:

All in all I’m hyped though

(laughs in Bethesda-speak)

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

CBD Corndog posted:

lmao I can't wait to install the same day 1 fanpatch that fixes the same bugs that date back to Morrowind.

The mod scene is going to popoff though, its going to be great

I hope this has mods on Xbox like Skyrim but given the scale I'd understand if they were scared of enabling them but I hope it happens sometime down the line at least.

Also Xbox really needs to sell larger storage expansion cards I'm nearly out of room and there's too many games. Internal & external are nearly full and I use USB storage for all my XB1/360/XB BC games. Need 4TB storage expansion cards imo.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hope the June presentation runs better than the janky muddy gameplay we previously saw, game looked seriously ugly to play with like sub-20fps.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SUNKOS posted:

I hope this has mods on Xbox like Skyrim but given the scale I'd understand if they were scared of enabling them but I hope it happens sometime down the line at least.

Also Xbox really needs to sell larger storage expansion cards I'm nearly out of room and there's too many games. Internal & external are nearly full and I use USB storage for all my XB1/360/XB BC games. Need 4TB storage expansion cards imo.

Lmao given the pricing, you might as well just buy a second Series X if you want a 4tb card

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus
Yeah, it's loving sick and twisted. A 2 TB card is like 600 euros. Why is no one making alternatives to this Seagate scam?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Delete your games when you're done with them.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
Wo Long is too hard, but Super Lucky's Tale is where it's at, Game Pass rules.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Omon Ra posted:

Yeah, it's loving sick and twisted. A 2 TB card is like 600 euros. Why is no one making alternatives to this Seagate scam?

The alternative is to get an usb HDD (4tb or bigger) and just transfer the games over. It's not the best and Series games won't run but the pricing on the expansion cards is crazy.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I got the 1TB one at launch and it was considered Reasonably priced then but fast SSDs are much cheaper now and you can get a similar spec 2TB M2 for twenty dollars less than a 1TB xbox card. It’s hosed up imo

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I can't stand Wo Long's anime style dialogue and story. I suppose if you're a diehard Souls completionist it scratches the itch but I bounced right off after 20 minutes.

Elden Ring just does everything so much better and there's still new bits I'm discovering. I guess it ruined the genre for me

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Omon Ra posted:

Probably because nobody else wants to invest in creating a SSD expansion using an expensive proprietary format.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Beastie posted:

I can't stand Wo Long's anime style dialogue and story. I suppose if you're a diehard Souls completionist it scratches the itch but I bounced right off after 20 minutes.

Elden Ring just does everything so much better and there's still new bits I'm discovering. I guess it ruined the genre for me

It doesn't help that the English VA is terrible. I switched it to Chinese and it's much more tolerable that way.

It's definitely nowhere near any of the From games in terms of atmosphere and story, but mechanically it's fun as gently caress once you get settled in.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ZeeBoi posted:

Probably because nobody else wants to invest in creating a SSD expansion using an expensive proprietary format.

the xbox vita

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hopefully the Xbox cards last longer than the Vita’s

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

drat

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Just buy a cheap regular external hard drive and stash whatever you aren't currently playing on there. I'm using the same one I've had since the og Xbox one and it still only takes like 10-15 minutes tops to transfer a bunch of poo poo around.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

ZeeBoi posted:

They are CFExpress cards in a shell. You can buy adapters to use certain NVME drives on an Xbox Series console.

I have not used them and cannot vouch for the quality.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

There are only a few whitelisted SSDs that will work with the Xbox using those adapters because of course. Microsoft is incapable of not loving up at least one incredibly easy thing.

PS5 got this (one thing) right. Just expose the m.2 port behind a plastic piece that pops off.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the really dumb thing is that it hurts the Series S. like so many reviews I see on whether the Series S is a good secondary console say the same thing - it's not bad but because of how expensive the storage is, you might as well just get a Series X.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the S will be discontinued by 2024 so it doesn't matter

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I have a 2TB external that houses most of my XB1 games. And yeah if I need internal space I just shuffle a game to the external because it transfers pretty dang quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Hulk Krogan posted:

Just buy a cheap regular external hard drive and stash whatever you aren't currently playing on there. I'm using the same one I've had since the og Xbox one and it still only takes like 10-15 minutes tops to transfer a bunch of poo poo around.

Yeah I do this with an old ssd I had, just use it as cold storage.