Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The mask lie was so weird because even as a layman that was pretty obviously untrue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

The mask lie was so weird because even as a layman that was pretty obviously untrue.

Didn't even have internal logic. If N95s prevent transmission for health care workers, then they prevent transmission for everyone. It's super obviously a lie and they just plowed ahead with it anyway.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
gap in quality / effort between hell on earth and main eps is getting pretty pronounced

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

PostNouveau posted:

Didn't even have internal logic. If N95s prevent transmission for health care workers, then they prevent transmission for everyone. It's super obviously a lie and they just plowed ahead with it anyway.
Front Line Workers have special Hero Genes that allow them to metabolize COVID when it's filtered through the right kind of mask. That's why we can't just hire more workers or give everyone masks. Their special genes also stop working if you pay them too much.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

terrorist ambulance posted:

gap in quality / effort between hell on earth and main eps is getting pretty pronounced

"Noticing a real quality difference between the newest Ken Burns documentary and last night's SNL"
:goonsay:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

someone should come up with a harebrained theory around the fact that Felix’s Heroin Voice started up just after he revealed he has a new romantic partner in the law and order Ep. not me tho

https://twitter.com/TallBart/status/1565120073169195008?s=20

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

He encountered an actual succubus good poo poo imo

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

He's like Kyle MacLachlan in the last season of Twin Peaks.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

The justification was iirc that masks wouldn't run out for health care workers etc

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah there were shortages and hoarding the first few weeks and they tried to solve that with lies

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cached Money posted:

The justification was iirc that masks wouldn't run out for health care workers etc

Yeah, they decided the solution to this was lying about how well masks work.

Cool plan. Great idea telling everyone masks won't work for them.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

i say swears online posted:

yeah there were shortages and hoarding the first few weeks and they tried to solve that with lies

Also by promising American factories we wouldn't rug pull them again like we did every other time and then promptly rug pulling them.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

COPE 27 posted:

Masks don't work

Breakthrough infections are rare

We'll get herd immunity at 80% vaccination

Covid is spread by droplets

Asymptomatic transmission is rare

Kids don't get sick

"Immunity Debt"

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
Faucis just the highest paid fed employee by virtue of seniority. He got to bungle two pandemics 40 years apart for crying out loud.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

“I’ve never hosed a ten, but one night I hosed five twos.”

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
thank u wizard master

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

who's that middle left?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Pack it in Chapailures, your boy is a sex nerd.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i feel like will is one of those weirdos that calls sex 'play'

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Will's the kinda guy who says "We saw you from across the bar and we really dig your vibe. Can we buy you a drink?"

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
That one tweet about Pete Buttigieg eating pussy.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Forceholy posted:

That one tweet about Pete Buttigieg eating pussy.

why did you make me remember this

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The Hesse idea is really good, really enjoyed the ep, and it helps Will learn conversation. Hope it continues.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

shame on an IGA posted:

why did you make me remember this

10,180 likes

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Gripweed posted:

who's that middle left?

Circling back on this,

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Piss Creep posted:

The Hesse idea is really good, really enjoyed the ep, and it helps Will learn conversation. Hope it continues.

Hesse was fantastic on E1 too. I think Hesse is just very good.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Absolute top G, big dick player, swaggy grindset and so forth

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm sure a million people swooped in to correct Will but RRR didn't get nominated for International Feature because the various national film industries only get to submit one per country and India's is centered around Bollywood, which RRR was not a part of. I don't think anything would stop the academy from theoretically nominating a foreign language film for best picture without a nom in the international category though.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

listening to 712 now, that's just alcohol, but holy shiiiit Felix is wasted

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Will's mentioned "the lifestyle" and talks about swingers a lot - glad to see it confirmed.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I am going to kill wizard master with the wolf fang fist technique.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Will's interpretation of Tar is (I'm being charitable here) really, really loving stupid.

Edit: Oh hey a Richard Wolff episode. Time to listen to an episode of Economic Update with the boys getting a word in edgewise every 10 minutes

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

Will's interpretation of Tar is (I'm being charitable here) really, really loving stupid.

Edit: Oh hey a Richard Wolff episode. Time to listen to an episode of Economic Update with the boys getting a word in edgewise every 10 minutes

What’s the time stamp for Matt comparing the state of the US economy to tearing copper wiring from the walls

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Saagonsa posted:

I am going to kill wizard master with the wolf fang fist technique.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Wasn't aware that Lewis Black, Penn Jilette and Bernie Sanders did a triple fusion dance, but it was nice of the pod to invite the result in!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sephyr posted:

Wasn't aware that Lewis Black, Penn Jilette and Bernie Sanders did a triple fusion dance, but it was nice of the pod to invite the result in!

Economic Update is a good pod. Wolff just tends to dominate any conversation he's in.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

It's the power of Marxism and co-ops

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Inside of you are there are two wolffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

i say swears online posted:

Most foreign countries didn't pull that poo poo. Hell, most of them did their best to tell people not to follow the US government position on masks. American international credibility, strong as ever.