Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

raifield
Feb 21, 2005

ben shapino posted:

It would feel pretty good to punch Elon right in the face, imo

It would be like throwing your fist into a leaky beanbag chair filled with rancid cooking oil that would tweet about how much it owned you, afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Arivia posted:

yeah, your mom

Oh, that explains that tremor the tri-state area felt.

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
Jesus Christ he’s destroyed Twitter. I usually only go on there for occasional Ukraine war updates, but now it’s the same ad every 5 posts. Then I go to his page and he’s spreading NY Post conspiracies, harassing a disabled employee, and posting about how he almost died from hemorrhoids from sitting on the toilet too long laughing at alt right memes. Then you click a post and it’s just prioritized blue subscribers sucking his dick or cyrpotobros trying to get his attention. Concerning

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

rotinaj posted:

I am personally extremely surprised that a fire truck even notices a tesla slamming into it

Those fuckers are heavy and durable and teslas are not

this is going to sound very ironic given the circumstances but fire is a really big concern with tesla crashes

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Herstory Begins Now posted:

this is going to sound very ironic given the circumstances but fire is a really big concern with tesla crashes

An ordinary fire truck isn't enough to put out a Tesla fire, you need one of those jet engine fire extinguisher vehicles they use to put out burning oil wells.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Remember the robot Musk "built" which was just a glorified paperweight?

Compare what he made to this:

https://i.imgur.com/E6ebxEZ.mp4

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

ew. i dont like musk but i dont like that thing either

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Stinky!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Tesla was likely on autopilot in deadly fire truck crash in Bay Area, feds say

The driver of a Tesla was apparently employing an automated driving system when they crashed into a Bay Area fire truck, killing the driver and injuring multiple firefighters. The news comes amid an investigation into the crash by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

The crash took place early in the morning on Feb. 18 on northbound Interstate 680 near Walnut Creek. The fire truck had been on the scene assisting with an earlier crash. According to a Facebook post from California High Patrol, the fire engine “was stopped at the rear of the scene to protect personnel and assist in diverting traffic.”

The Tesla driver was declared dead at the scene. A passenger in the Tesla sustained major injuries; emergency responders needed to cut open the car to save the passenger. Four firefighters who were seated in the fire truck with their seatbelts on sustained minor injuries and were transported to a local hospital.

The NHTSA said a special crash investigation team is taking a closer look at the crash. But AP News reports that the investigators already suspect the crash took place when the driver of the Tesla was employing an automated driving system. According to AP News, “at least 15 Teslas have crashed into emergency vehicles nationwide while using the system.”

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/tesla-autopilot-deadly-fire-truck-crash-17827415.php

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

reply guy to the best people (it was originally some transphobic bullshit, the account is a huge bigot like musk)

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Hunter Biden's Basilisk

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I’m hanging for him to start in on the other do-not-fire guy; full of confidence that “this time I’ll pwn the guy so hard that everyone will cheer and love me”

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

Hunter Biden's Basilisk

lol

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

An ordinary fire truck isn't enough to put out a Tesla fire, you need one of those jet engine fire extinguisher vehicles they use to put out burning oil wells.

So few understand this.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

That won't actually work since in a burning oil well the combustion is taking place in a vapor column that can be disrupted, wheras in a battery fire the reaction is occurring in solid phase inside the cell stack.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

just remembered my favorite elon dunk from very early on in his takeover that was something like "every elon musk tweet is like watching joe pesci enter the home alone house"

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Everyone focuses on the whole on fire forever thing(understandable), but teslas and other evs also pose an extreme hazard in that they're powered by big zappy cables that would be... bad for a first responder to accidentally cut. They're usually bright neon, but there's no real standardization on them.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

FoolyCharged posted:

Everyone focuses on the whole on fire forever thing(understandable), but teslas and other evs also pose an extreme hazard in that they're powered by big zappy cables that would be... bad for a first responder to accidentally cut. They're usually bright neon, but there's no real standardization on them.

Lol sounds like something Elon would put a stop to because he doesn't like the color

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
https://twitter.com/compound248/status/1633271686341578753

Who's looking to upgrade their resume? :v:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

That won't actually work since in a burning oil well the combustion is taking place in a vapor column that can be disrupted, wheras in a battery fire the reaction is occurring in solid phase inside the cell stack.

Sounds brittle, I think we need to do a full stack rewrite

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
the fire is actually quite resilient

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

This has the side benefit of weeding out terrible future employers. There's plenty of terrible managers who are Elon stans who would look at your resume and say "laid off from Twitter? If Elon didn't like him this guy must suck". A good way to help you avoid them.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/pookleblinky/status/1633359436533096449

Lmao. I'm sure it's fake but wouldn't be a bit surprised if it wasn't

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

kazil posted:

reply guy to the best people (it was originally some transphobic bullshit, the account is a huge bigot like musk)

I think you mean centrist :grin:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Hope some people get to live out those old goon stories about having a job where nobody knows they exist, they have no actual duties and they get paid to shitpost all day.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I still have a sensible chuckle over Dave Chappelle burning the last of his goodwill as he copped pleas to his audience before heckling them back after they boo'd the poo poo out of Musk.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Friend posted:

https://twitter.com/pookleblinky/status/1633359436533096449

Lmao. I'm sure it's fake but wouldn't be a bit surprised if it wasn't

Not surprising, corporate transition periods are weird even at other companies. It could easily be real.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

Not surprising, corporate transition periods are weird even at other companies. It could easily be real.

But why would you risk drawing attention to yourself?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

The Lone Badger posted:

clout

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

I was gonna point out that she was hiding behind a fake username, but then I remembered she works for Twitter.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
There's footage of the Tesla crash on the Bay Bridge from about 2 years ago.

https://theintercept.com/2023/01/10/tesla-crash-footage-autopilot/

Also NHSTA is going to start an investigation.

Internetjack fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 9, 2023

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

grittyreboot posted:

I was gonna point out that she was hiding behind a fake username, but then I remembered she works for Twitter.

i hope musky trys to find some red haired woman to fire her because bird avatars are the same as your real life looks , right?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Pirate Radar posted:

Absolutely, even small ones. Company I work for absorbed a small company years ago, and usually they have an agreement that is "we won't fire anyway, but we will shift jobs around, but you'll keep your pay." So someone goes from being a department manager, but now that there is already a person with that title, they get booted down to something like supervisor or lower. Most people leave, or eventually move into something different.
Anyway, story has it one person had a unique position without a matching title, so they got to stay on. But all the work they did was covered by an existing person. They were long time employee, so a few of the people that really knew them left during the acquisition. They just kinda existed for a year or so.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

The Lone Badger posted:

Could be an attempt to get Elon to rip through the halls of Twitter to find the imaginary slacker and fire a bunch of people caught eating lunch.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CitizenKain posted:

Absolutely, even small ones. Company I work for absorbed a small company years ago, and usually they have an agreement that is "we won't fire anyway, but we will shift jobs around, but you'll keep your pay." So someone goes from being a department manager, but now that there is already a person with that title, they get booted down to something like supervisor or lower. Most people leave, or eventually move into something different.
Anyway, story has it one person had a unique position without a matching title, so they got to stay on. But all the work they did was covered by an existing person. They were long time employee, so a few of the people that really knew them left during the acquisition. They just kinda existed for a year or so.

honestly the american dream all citizens should strive and work for. admirable really to rip off a big giant corporation and provide absolutely no value for it

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Tarkus posted:

Could be an attempt to get Elon to rip through the halls of Twitter to find the imaginary slacker and fire a bunch of people caught eating lunch.

Who said they could have lunch?

If you have time for a bite, you have time to write (code)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Lone Badger posted:

I bet it’s funny to be in that position at first, but realistically you know it can’t last forever, and you don’t necessarily want to be in a position where at your next job interview you have to explain that you did nothing at your last job. So you probably want to leave sooner or later, might as well have fun with it.

There’s the famous goon story of the guy whose company went through a merger and he was shuffled off to a storage room full of desktop globes and forgotten because of a computer error, but I think he left that job on his own because he was getting rusty at whatever his skillset was.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

SilvergunSuperman posted:

In fairness, nobody works harder at shitposting than him

https://forums.somethingawful.com/online.php?forumid=26

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Pirate Radar posted:

There was a guy who posted a legendary thread on here back in like 2010 about how his job got made redundant after a merger but they accidentally zeroed out his ID instead of firing him and it turned out the career code for 0000 was "OSHA Supervisor" so he was technically still employed and pulling a paycheck. The thread then detailed how he decided he was going to go along with it as long as he could, and would occasionally like, tape down some cables in the hallway or something. It was a great thread. Other folks have posted similar experiences at different times, but that one always stuck with me.