Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Finally got my (temporary) shelf in so i can get some dolls out of boxes.
Koska Reeves has two pistols but one holster. I sure hope someone was fired for this blunder.
Edit: very proud of this snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Preordered blow Job

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Looks like BBTS and others have Xanatos up for pre-order. I'm glad he comes with folded wings for Demona but it's so god drat annoying the original figures didn't already come with that option.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Extreme miss on not doing him in his Gargoyle armor.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Had no idea they were doing a regular version.

He comes with a floppy disc! The future is now. Did you know of this thing that's starting to go around called the internet? It's a series of tubes.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Gripweed posted:

Extreme miss on not doing him in his Gargoyle armor.

oh you mean THIS?

Think it's coming out sometime this year but I'm sticking with suited Xanatos for sake of space.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Those Gargoyles figs are so nice. Ultimately I’m glad I sold mine off, but if I ever move into a mansion I’ll get them back.

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

Hasbro's new GI Joe "ladder pricing" has some funky maths going on.

A single "basic" fig is £25, but the double pack of Valkyries is £56?

Double packs should be cheaper, or maybe the same price if there are some extras thrown in, but £6 more for a few extra blast effects is a piss take.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joe Fisto posted:

Those Gargoyles figs are so nice. Ultimately I’m glad I sold mine off, but if I ever move into a mansion I’ll get them back.

I almost bought Bronx but I knew if I did I would be sunk.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Rumors

https://twitter.com/thefullforce/status/1633558824396234752?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Don't care about Chuckles but that armory might have potential.

The 3 pack will have the Crimson Twins and Baroness in red as they have been before based on the Crimson Guard mention.

It's been a thing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I still want a crimson guard. I wish I could find it in a store. So much more fun

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

CaptainN posted:

Double packs should be cheaper, or maybe the same price if there are some extras thrown in, but £6 more for a few extra blast effects is a piss take.

It prices out better than the viper three pack which was $90, making that original set of blast effects $15 if the three vipers were $25 each.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

CelticPredator posted:

I still want a crimson guard. I wish I could find it in a store. So much more fun

Have you tried online? I've seen them on some Canadian sites. Must be the same stateside.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

The Last Call posted:

Don't care about Chuckles but that armory might have potential.

The 3 pack will have the Crimson Twins and Baroness in red as they have been before based on the Crimson Guard mention.

It's been a thing.

If it comes to it, Chuckles is my favorite Joe, but I probably won't care about the armory. We should check back in with each other if the rumors proves true.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So bluegrass is awesome, really nice fig with a bunch of stuff to play with. My only complaint is the music notes beam for his guitar is heavy and doesn't really stay attached. I have the other beam attached to it in these pics.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

CaptainN posted:

Don't try to understand corporate math. You'll just get a headache.

Dawgstar posted:

I almost bought Bronx but I knew if I did I would be sunk.

I had him and Demona too, but still pulled the plug. Almost grabbed Hudson for some reason, but I've avoided it.

Kingtheninja posted:

So bluegrass is awesome, really nice fig with a bunch of stuff to play with. My only complaint is the music notes beam for his guitar is heavy and doesn't really stay attached. I have the other beam attached to it in these pics.

I have almost zero recollection of the Silverhawks show, looks fun/goofy. A perfect 80s cartoon I assume.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

If it comes to it, Chuckles is my favorite Joe, but I probably won't care about the armory. We should check back in with each other if the rumors proves true.

Sure, we'll see how it all pans out and go from there.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Last Call posted:

Have you tried online? I've seen them on some Canadian sites. Must be the same stateside.

Easy online. But I love going to stores and finding stuff

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Louisgod posted:

oh you mean THIS?

Think it's coming out sometime this year but I'm sticking with suited Xanatos for sake of space.

oh poo poo

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Joe Fisto posted:

I have almost zero recollection of the Silverhawks show, looks fun/goofy. A perfect 80s cartoon I assume.

Yeah it's peak marketing to kids in the 80s. I had the bluegrass figure from that line, and the show itself was pretty standard but the guy could control the team ship with his guitar. How could you not love it?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I think I had the vintage GI Joe Chuckles figure, I remember a guy in a Hawaiian shirt. I think he would also fit in well with my swamp weirdos collection. I hope there's a standard non-convention release of that guy.

Bluegrass looks awesome. Definitely the best character on Silverhawks, perfect choice if you only buy one. This is based on dim recollections of watching the show as a child, but I loved that guy. I still have the vintage one but lost his hat years ago. I'm still not sold on Super 7's Silverhawks, maybe if they go on sale.

So hey it turns out my favorite Matt Murdock head was actually a Scott Summers head, and I picked this up cheap. Popped it on a suit guy body (what's-his-butt from Black Panther, Target had him for like $8), put a length of bamboo skewer in his hand and voila:

Needs a little paint, of course. Gotta give him the red hair, try to make the skin tones match a little better, probably paint his tie red, and turn the stick into a proper red/white cane, but he's like 99% there already. I could go hog wild, putty over all the joint pins and repaint him head to toe... but I want him to look like an off-the-shelf Legends figure to fit with my other Daredevil characters, so I'm trying to stick to minimum necessary meddling.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Louisgod posted:

oh you mean THIS?

That better come with an unhelmeted head.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Sorry, you have to buy the upcoming Dingo figure to get a head.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Where might a guy find an Ellen Ripley that is good quality and isn't super expensive?

I've seen a few nice ones but they're often triple digits, sometimes in the 200 range even

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 9, 2023

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Whete might a guy find an Ellen Ripley that is good quality and isn't super expensive?

I've seen a few nice ones but they're often triple digits, sometimes in the 200 range even

There’s the Hiya Toys one.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Spidey wave up for preorder today. Retro carded, so no BAF.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1633822802133352449?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

radlum
May 13, 2013

That’s the only reason I’m not sure if I want to get the business suite version; I can’t get both, but I hope the mech suit gets an unhelmeted Xanatos.

Also no BAF and that ugly non retro packaging makes that Spider-Man wave very dissapointing

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I hate BAFs on principle, for several reasons, and I wish they weren't a thing. But when they've built 1/6 of a huge figure into the retail price of a wave of figures, and then they remove that from a wave and keep the price the same, that's double bullshit.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

radlum posted:

Also no BAF and that ugly non retro packaging makes that Spider-Man wave very dissapointing

No just that but not even full sets of hands for anyone. Hell Elektra Daredevil can't even hold her loving sai. All for 27 dollars!

Like I could understand that kind of cheapening out if they were trying to get these out for $14.99. I still wouldn't be thrilled but considering the price point I would understand. For nearly twice that amount John Hasbro has to be smoking crack. It looks even worse after them showing off a ton of Joes yesterday that come in cheaper and with a ton of stuff with each figure.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

I'd be surprised if it doesn't but if not, the suited Xanatos comes with a second head, which I'm happy to part with if anybody here wants it.

e: really missed a "I will give you head" opportunity

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
double post because I can. Redid my villain/antihero spillover display and don't think I could've fit another figure in there if I tried. Can't think of too many more villains I want/need at this point.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Edit: No Pyro, Avalanche, Blob, or Mystique! No Sebastian Shaw (I actually don't have him either)! What about Destiny!?

Djarum posted:

No just that but not even full sets of hands for anyone. Hell Elektra Daredevil can't even hold her loving sai. All for 27 dollars!

Like I could understand that kind of cheapening out if they were trying to get these out for $14.99. I still wouldn't be thrilled but considering the price point I would understand. For nearly twice that amount John Hasbro has to be smoking crack. It looks even worse after them showing off a ton of Joes yesterday that come in cheaper and with a ton of stuff with each figure.

Not to defend Hasbro, who sucks royally, but they're not paying licensing fees on Joes. However, their most recent shareholder meeting basically confirmed prices are going to up because they can, not because there was a real need. Publicly traded companies are essentially required to put profit above all else. I'm over distilling this, bu it's been this way since Dodge vs Ford. (https://corpgov.law.harvard.edu/2021/12/01/dodge-v-ford-what-happened-and-why/).

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Louisgod posted:

oh you mean THIS?

I just hope you can headswap them.

That said, I now have an extra Demona I don't need to hear the wings up and bend them into a neutral pose for. It's sealed, anyone want it? Cost +shipping.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Edit: No Pyro, Avalanche, Blob, or Mystique! No Sebastian Shaw (I actually don't have him either)! What about Destiny!?

Oh they're there, the pic I shared was the spillover of what I can't fit in the main villain display.

Destiny's long overdue, I'm struggling to think of other must-have villains Hasbro can knock out. Maybe Cameron Hodge? The Acolytes? Found a good villain group photo online and it looks like Hasbro's done just about all of them so far. I'd be perfectly happy at this point in time if Hasbro stopped the Legends line.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Not to defend Hasbro, who sucks royally, but they're not paying licensing fees on Joes. However, their most recent shareholder meeting basically confirmed prices are going to up because they can, not because there was a real need. Publicly traded companies are essentially required to put profit above all else. I'm over distilling this, bu it's been this way since Dodge vs Ford. (https://corpgov.law.harvard.edu/2021/12/01/dodge-v-ford-what-happened-and-why/).

Oh I am well versed in our current broken system of economic theory and the race towards late stage capitalism. The issue is that John Hasbro basically is killing his golden geese to try and get an extra couple of eggs quickly. The previous earnings call they admitted they were loving up badly and that they overpriced things. Yet, we see them expanding that strategy which is already shown to be an epic failure.

What is going to happen is more product is going to stagnate on shelves due to price and poor quality. Retailers are going to take a bath on it, which in turn will cause them to order significantly less. All of the sudden John Hasbro is going to be sitting there going "I have no idea how this happened to me!" while they get bought out by another company.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Today I want Elektra, Ben, Chasm (love those colors) and Tarantula. I may change my mind, but I definitely will get that Elektra.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Oh they're there, the pic I shared was the spillover of what I can't fit in the main villain display.

Destiny's long overdue, I'm struggling to think of other must-have villains Hasbro can knock out. Maybe Cameron Hodge? The Acolytes? Found a good villain group photo online and it looks like Hasbro's done just about all of them so far. I'd be perfectly happy at this point in time if Hasbro stopped the Legends line.

Niiiiiiiiice! Yeah, Destiny is one of my few big wants. I also really want a shirtless / pugilist Sebastian Shaw as well as Exodus and X-Cutioner just based on liking the old toys. Otherwise, I feel the same. I'd take a Lilandra and Deathbird and maybe a couple of modern X-characters such as Armor, but otherwise I'm pretty good.

I also really really want Infinity Watch; Drax, Moondragon, Gamora, Pip, Adam Warlock, and most of all Maxam. Again, solely based on me grabbing a random issue of Infinity Crusade when I was a kid.

Djarum posted:

Oh I am well versed in our current broken system of economic theory and the race towards late stage capitalism. The issue is that John Hasbro basically is killing his golden geese to try and get an extra couple of eggs quickly. The previous earnings call they admitted they were loving up badly and that they overpriced things. Yet, we see them expanding that strategy which is already shown to be an epic failure.

What is going to happen is more product is going to stagnate on shelves due to price and poor quality. Retailers are going to take a bath on it, which in turn will cause them to order significantly less. All of the sudden John Hasbro is going to be sitting there going "I have no idea how this happened to me!" while they get bought out by another company.

Yeah. Unfortunately, I think the ball is already rolling on this last part.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Oh nice, it’s apparently been confirmed by his sculptor that Tunnel Rat will indeed be a short king compared to the others in the wave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

It’s hard for me to even believe it… but my Figma Lady Maria order is actually going to get shipped out in the next couple of weeks