Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Olympic Mathlete posted:

How many of these were because you accidentally pressed them because there's so many though? :v:

My Levorg's steering wheel is likewise festooned with buttons and the answer is...... almost never. It works amazingly well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

bird with big dick posted:

Goons: Everything is touch screens now and it sucks poo poo put some real loving buttons in things!

Also Goons: This thing has too many loving buttons!

I'm just surprised at how many people who drive cars need to be fiddling with things constantly that all the steering wheel controls are required. I set the volume on the radio and just skip the odd track. Maybe adjust the temperature 2/3 times.

I guess it comes back to the old what do you actually need in a car? question. I am apparently very easy to please in that regard.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

bird with big dick posted:

Goons: Everything is touch screens now and it sucks poo poo put some real loving buttons in things!

Also Goons: This thing has too many loving buttons!

I used to be able to send text messages on my old flip phone using t9 word and the feel of the buttons.
Can't do that with touchscreen phone.

Also incoming hot take:

All cars currently produced in all markets are ugly as gently caress.

Prove me wrong

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Twerk from Home posted:

This makes me unreasonably happy, even more so because the Kona is super cheap. I want buttons and conventional speedos.

Yeah I'm not being ironic, I think it owns.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
PYF Steering wheel buttons

We heard you like steering wheels so we put a steering wheel button on your steering wheel. To control your steering wheel.

Edit: \/ oh good point. Even more steering in this picture!

Zero One fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 9, 2023

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Yes but which wheel? The trailer reversing wheel because backing this 10,000lb behemoth "with a load" is that difficult for flatlanders or the primary steering wheel with every single truck wide function piped into it because ford can't design ui to save their loving rear end?

Of which, the stripper version of this same tarted up chelsea tractor has none of this poo poo.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

wesleywillis posted:

Also incoming hot take:

Prove me wrong

Honda e

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

wesleywillis posted:

Also incoming hot take:

Prove me wrong

The new Prius looks great, the GR86 is pretty good, maybe Toyota is finally turning it around?

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Twerk from Home posted:

The new Prius looks great, the GR86 is pretty good, maybe Toyota is finally turning it around?

Lc500, gr corolla

In yool 2023, they are exceptional

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

clowns need shoes, too.

Kivi
Aug 1, 2006
I care

Mr. Apollo posted:

I know. I just thought it was neat when compared to all the other luxury SUVs with twin turbo V8s.
It's also going to be the only SUV available with 12 cylinder now that Bentley is discontinuing their W12s.

Edit: I forgot that there's that Rolls SUV so scratch that.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
when i see a porsche suv, which is multiple times every day, all i can think is "dude. you bought a porsche suv."

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

wesleywillis posted:

I used to be able to send text messages on my old flip phone using t9 word and the feel of the buttons.

Also incoming hot take:

Prove me wrong

:downswords:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I actually saw my first one in the wild on Monday after work. Not bad. Concept looked a lot better though.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

wesleywillis posted:

Also incoming hot take:

Prove me wrong

Okay. It is painful to admit but the 2023 Prius is not ugly.

So let's have some fun and I'll take the sixxer if the thread disagrees, you get sixxed with a Prius if the thread agrees

Willing to take the challenge? :)

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
The new Prius rules and I don't care who thinks otherwise because they are, get this, wrong as heck!

I'll take a sixer if for some reason the thread pretends the new Prius doesn't look good :colbert:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

New Prius is fine. I wouldn't say it's a banger but it isn't ugly, it's just deep in the current design trends and isn't really anything new.

That previous Priuseseses looked awkward at best and that most modern stuff looks like complete rear end has everyone excited.

It's like being at a 'most average looking person' convention and a slightly above average person walks into the room by mistake.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The new Prius certainly isn't ugly. It isn't gorgeous, but it is a current production automobile that isn't ugly as gently caress.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

New Prius looks decent.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

New prius is the best prius, looks good

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Ive been blowing this horn for months now but I think the new Prius looks amazing. I like the new design language Toyota is using for their vehicles including the updated Sequoia and Tundra. The Prius appears to be following the Corolla design and it works at creating a brand consistency while still setting itself apart from the rest of the lineup.

Maybe it’s age but it unseated a bunch of cars I found aspirational and took their place.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
The Prius looks pretty decent but I think it also succeeds as a design by virtue of low expectations because the prior gen Prius was ghastly. Just awful poo poo.

I don't think anyone would argue we are in any kind of golden age of car design but there are plenty of inoffensive looking cars being sold today.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Toyota needs to go back to having special badges for different models.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Sometimes a seemingly boring and inoffensive design is better to live with. I think the old Honda civic was nice looking for example but compared to the new one it looks tacky now. I’ve always liked the strategy audi and vw take with designing cars that don’t blow you away but appear as if they aren’t outdated years after they’re replaced.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
IMO the new Prius looks good for a sci-fi eco suppository, but not in a way that would inspire desire like something like a good Alfa design would.

LeeMajors posted:

Toyota needs to go back to having special badges for different models.
Why not just call everything the Crown?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Okay. It is painful to admit but the 2023 Prius is not ugly.

So let's have some fun and I'll take the sixxer if the thread disagrees, you get sixxed with a Prius if the thread agrees

Willing to take the challenge? :)

Suck a hyena's rear end.

Does that answer your question?

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
I’m not keen on the huge wheels the new Prius has, that’s a bit too much of a design excess for me.

I do sort of admire the sheer audacity it must of took to put 1960 Oldsmobile tailfins on the previous generation.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

The new prius looks better than the 296 GTB also

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

wesleywillis posted:

Also incoming hot take:

Prove me wrong

The current Jaguar F-type is not ugly as gently caress.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Just got this in my email.

I'm going to die of laughing if it's a minivan or something.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

Badge-engineered Prius?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fornax Disaster posted:

I’m not keen on the huge wheels the new Prius has, that’s a bit too much of a design excess for me.

I am so tired of big wheels with skinny little rubber on them. Everything looks like a Hot Wheels car now and has a lovely ride. Please bring back 15 inch (or smaller!) wheels with big fat tires. Tia

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

wesleywillis posted:

Suck a hyena's rear end.

With Miracle Whip? :v:

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

I desire a Ferrari minivan a whole hell of a lot more than a Ferrari SUV soooooo lets hope.

Sort of on-topic, I ordered a 2023 Q5 (in green with brown interior and black optics, natch) because the 2024 spy shots are showing yet another interior without buttons: https://www.motor1.com/news/652982/2024-audi-q5-prototype/amp/. I don’t get it…

Curious if the 2024 will be larger than the previous model. Strangely, the second gen Q5 is lighter and slightly smaller than the first gen.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's gonna be a 6000lb electric 5 door.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Powershift posted:

It's gonna be a 6000lb electric 5 door.

This is absolutely every single vehicle in the future. Every. Single. One.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

quote:

I ordered a 2023 Q5 (in green with brown interior and black optics, natch) because the 2024 spy shots are showing yet another interior without buttons:

lol since VAG had the best buttons in the market.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

smooth jazz posted:

lol since VAG had the best buttons in the market.

Guys can just never seem to find it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

I am so tired of big wheels with skinny little rubber on them. Everything looks like a Hot Wheels car now and has a lovely ride. Please bring back 15 inch (or smaller!) wheels with big fat tires. Tia

:agreed:

Huge wheels and tiny tyres also makes cars look weird. It would balance better aesthetically if they weren't all fitted with bands.

I'd love to see some vehicle dynamics tests done with cars on huge wheels and tiny tyres vs small wheels with actual sidewall.

Zorak of Michigan posted:

The current Jaguar F-type is not ugly as gently caress.

F-Type looks absolutely great and the glow up from the first one is even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

wesleywillis posted:

Guys can just never seem to find it.

:golfclap: