Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

is this the part where i reveal that i'm still in-game and never dropped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kith posted:

the only good ability pickups are ionic traces and that's because they track to you naturally

I miss shards doing what they used to, the overshield bonus they give could at least be tuned up or given a much more forgiving timer and that would make them good enough to slot at times. Honestly the timed effects of everything could be extended as a baseline for all player bonuses and that would be a grand change now that everything takes so much longer to do.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Caidin posted:

I regret to inform you the servers are now dead.

They're alive and dead in the same time. Something something superposition, insert poorly thought-out analogy rooted in a fundamental failure to understand quantum mechanics here.

It's the... Vex. Attacking the... Cloud Ark.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

PathAsc posted:

I miss shards doing what they used to, the overshield bonus they give could at least be tuned up or given a much more forgiving timer and that would make them good enough to slot at times. Honestly the timed effects of everything could be extended as a baseline for all player bonuses and that would be a grand change now that everything takes so much longer to do.

i really loving hate that stasis shards only come from crystals and not, say, frozen or slowed enemies

i would probably like stasis a lot more if duskfield grenades generated shards

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kesper North posted:

Guess we all should have played more terminal overload after all

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kith posted:

is this the part where i reveal that i'm still in-game and never dropped

Blessed art thou among gamers

Blessed be the Mt dew, the nicotine, the doritos

For the speaker sayeth unto Ghaul: get rekt you space hippo, die mad and get rezzed

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

RocketRaygun posted:

No. Downtime Expected!

Destiny 2 Lightfall: No, Downtime Expected!

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Lol right in the 2nd phase of Calus when I got the notification for servers. Guess I’ll just go gently caress myself then. Was just trying to finish my Warlock campaign so I can see if I actually like Strand. It’s a better unlock method than Stasis, but still annoying.

I’ll probably never do anything more than dungeon and some Lost Sectors, but how much do the “meta” builds really matter? I’m a big fan of my Ashen Wake build, but I’m also terminally online and watch too many build videos and worry I’m kneecapping myself. Also, I find it impossible to play any build without an Exotic primary weapon. I just want to use my cool weird looking weapon all the time, and Skyburner’s Oath is badass.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

PERMACAV 50 posted:

It just occurred to me that an OP strand build would technically be string cheese

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Whole aspect wasted on "you can make shards"

So they should instead make the shard generation in specific fragments instead, and you can run Shatterdive and Touch of Winter instead I guess. You can make the case for Void volatile shenanigans being more power than Stasis, or Arc or Solar, but Stasis isn't less viable than the others. It still has great crowd control, and while yeah, so does Strand, it offers a completely different gameplay system.

Strand ain't letting me create baby-barricades with my grenades, and out of all the subclasses Stasis gives me the highest ability uptimes.

Kith posted:

i really loving hate that stasis shards only come from crystals and not, say, frozen or slowed enemies

I'm guessing you aren't a Hunter then, because the Aspect that makes shards also makes them come from frozen and slowed enemies. Stasis might be hosed for Titan and Warlock, I dunno, but it certainly isn't for Hunter.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kith posted:

They do though? It's just such a meager amount and you have to use a fragment so it's not worth it at all anymore. Duskfields were my go to until this past week where shards were just not worth the investment after I tinkered around enough to give up. I really didn't care much for the stasis turrets before but they feel necessary at this point

E: talking about warlock specifically, I only have the other two classes for grinding mats/levels and have not done any of bl with them. Hooray for titan moon farm

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 9, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kith posted:

Yeah it's annoying that Stasis has 'Make Shards' as an Aspect rather than as Fragments that all 3 classes have available. Titans work like you described, but Hunters can make shards from killing an enemy affected by ANY slow/freeze effect, while Warlocks make 'em just from the act of Freezing an enemy

Word is that next season's Artifact will have two mods affecting Stasis, with a revamp of the Aspects/Fragments a season or two later :toot:

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Kith posted:

the only good ability pickups are ionic traces and that's because they track to you naturally

Yeah, but they also don't really do much of anything once you do pick them up. There should be aspects like "when you pick up a Thing, you get Verb"

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah it's annoying that Stasis has 'Make Shards' as an Aspect rather than as Fragments that all 3 classes have available. Titans work like you described, but Hunters can make shards from killing an enemy affected by ANY slow/freeze effect, while Warlocks make 'em just from the act of Freezing an enemy

Word is that next season's Artifact will have two mods affecting Stasis, with a revamp of the Aspects/Fragments a season or two later :toot:

Just in time for it to be too late to truly matter

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

PERMACAV 50 posted:

only because you suggested it :)

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

RocketRaygun posted:

only because you suggested it :)

<3

Yey title got buffed

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I mean, I made the same joke in the overchill destiny channel name so just because you suggested it i'm not reusing jokes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Lol right in the 2nd phase of Calus when I got the notification for servers. Guess I’ll just go gently caress myself then. Was just trying to finish my Warlock campaign so I can see if I actually like Strand. It’s a better unlock method than Stasis, but still annoying.

I’ll probably never do anything more than dungeon and some Lost Sectors, but how much do the “meta” builds really matter? I’m a big fan of my Ashen Wake build, but I’m also terminally online and watch too many build videos and worry I’m kneecapping myself. Also, I find it impossible to play any build without an Exotic primary weapon. I just want to use my cool weird looking weapon all the time, and Skyburner’s Oath is badass.

You only need to worry about meta builds if you are in a fireteam with people who are being dicks about it. Do whatever works for you

That said, dungeons and legend or master lost sectors do require a build that is at least somewhat effective, so try to pay attention to whether you feel like you’re getting anywhere

j3rkstore
Jan 28, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier
Can't wait for the rollback!

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Kith posted:

give me shorb to orb bungie

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Not sure if its good or bad that the only viable weapon in my vault to cleanly run around open world areas without dying every five steps at LL 1760 is a five year old bow and arrow.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

THE RADIAL MAST is now offline

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
so the radial mast is the gift mast of the ecumene right

or at least based on it

i mean it's in the name

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1633675223731146752

Pushed back again lol

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i think there's a lot of cool stuff they added to the game or changed in the game, but it also feels like lightfall is the world's most bloated, wildly untested season. like there is genuinely a lot of stuff altered in the game to be way way better, but...

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

muike posted:

i think there's a lot of cool stuff they added to the game or changed in the game, but it also feels like lightfall is the world's most bloated, wildly untested season. like there is genuinely a lot of stuff altered in the game to be way way better, but...

Also I feel like the Neptune zones are very likely ripped of from Tony Hawks Pro Skater with different textures.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kesper North posted:

so the radial mast is the gift mast of the ecumene right

or at least based on it

i mean it's in the name

That's about all they have in common. The Gift Mast was a space construct that harnessed the power of a black hole somehow and was probably a lot bigger. The Gift Mast was also destroyed a very long time ago an indeterminate distance from Sol and its power consumed by Hive elites so it's probably not recoverable in any form

Weirdest part is that in the LF intro mission there's a part where you can look through a window and see a mysterious pyramid device in an isolated room for a moment. It looks kinda like the radial mast, and if it had been the radial mast that would be a nice bit of quick foreshadowing, but it's not, it's just a random prop and the radial mast comes out of nowhere later

haveblue fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 9, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

syntaxfunction posted:

I'm guessing you aren't a Hunter then, because the Aspect that makes shards also makes them come from frozen and slowed enemies. Stasis might be hosed for Titan and Warlock, I dunno, but it certainly isn't for Hunter.

PathAsc posted:

They do though? It's just such a meager amount and you have to use a fragment so it's not worth it at all anymore. Duskfields were my go to until this past week where shards were just not worth the investment after I tinkered around enough to give up. I really didn't care much for the stasis turrets before but they feel necessary at this point

E: talking about warlock specifically, I only have the other two classes for grinding mats/levels and have not done any of bl with them. Hooray for titan moon farm

i only play titan so yeah i dont get cool quality of life poo poo like other classes do

instead i get the best class sword that can outdamage lament. fair trade all considered

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

"make shards" as an aspect made sense when there were elemental wells and a bunch of other bullshit going on. now, not so much. maybe the revamp will include a super i actually give a poo poo about...!

RocketRaygun posted:

Yeah, but they also don't really do much of anything once you do pick them up. There should be aspects like "when you pick up a Thing, you get Verb"

they give me grenade energy and that's all i want

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Basic Poster posted:

Also I feel like the Neptune zones are very likely ripped of from Tony Hawks Pro Skater with different textures.

what a cool city that absolutely nothing is going on in

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
more like stasis makes me make sharts amirite

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Paracausal posted:

more like stasis makes me make sharts amirite

:hmmyes:

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

muike posted:

what a cool city that absolutely nothing is going on in

We should've gotten a mission where we plug ourselves into the matrix like all those inhabitants did.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Vex environment is for all intents and purposes the matrix, it's just that you can walk into it instead of using a computer for whatever reason (it's space magic)

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Honestly wonder if the writers could salvage Nimbus's character by saying in some future bit of dialogue or whatever that they are, indeed, a literal dumb teenager.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
So much for playing Destiny today.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Whirling posted:

Honestly wonder if the writers could salvage Nimbus's character by saying in some future bit of dialogue or whatever that they are, indeed, a literal dumb teenager.

that's certainly my headcanon. they seem about eido's age, but waaaay more sheltered and with the smug self-confidence of the highschool's most extreeeeeeeeeeeme kid

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
He's the surfer jock from an 80s teen comedy

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Kesper North posted:

The veilgina the Witness cut into the Traveller was the escape Savathûn was looking for to get to the next level of reality, a la Truth to Power.

Presumably then the final shape is a twitter takeover and bullying Paul Tassi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

We should've gotten a mission where we plug ourselves into the matrix like all those inhabitants did.

this happens several times