Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
There has to be a hero who looks good with a baseball cap, but I have yet to see it happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

catlord posted:

There has to be a hero who looks good with a baseball cap, but I have yet to see it happen.

Static?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Ooh, I'm more familiar with the cartoon version but yeah, good shout.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

catlord posted:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

I was very specifically thinking of Roy when I wrote that. :colbert:

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

catlord posted:

(Wish I coulda found a scan of this page without the dumb "Retro Review" slug shopped in...]

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

catlord posted:

The MCU standard "incognito in public" uniform is a hoodie, cap and shades, and they're all very pretty people - but this is a cheat because I couldn't find that fanart of when Bruce Wayne had a baseball thrown through his window and became Bat-Man

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Did construction worker Colossus have a cap?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

goatface posted:

THE PROLETARIAN did.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Phy posted:

The MCU standard "incognito in public" uniform is a hoodie, cap and shades, and they're all very pretty people - but this is a cheat because I couldn't find that fanart of when Bruce Wayne had a baseball thrown through his window and became Bat-Man

The search is much easier when remembering it was Todd McFarlane.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Phy posted:

The comics "incognito" outfit used to be a fedora and a trench coat, until the point where no one wore either of those anymore.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

goatface posted:

Joe Fisto posted:

THE PROLETARIAN did.
Da

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lobok posted:

The search is much easier when remembering it was Todd McFarlane.

Holy poo poo I've been trying to find these pages forever, and could never google the correct phrase to bring em up.

:swoon:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

digging the Soviet Mario cosplay

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

catlord posted:

There's a reason Adam-X doesn't get any respect.

(Okay, several reasons, but the cap doesn't help.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Esplanade posted:

Very careful there not to steal Wolverine's catchphrase, very respectful.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Esplanade posted:

I always forget how truly dumb he looks until I see him and he really is just every cliche thrown into a blender. He makes Shatterstar look unique.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

I always forget how truly dumb he looks until I see him and he really is just every cliche thrown into a blender. He makes Shatterstar look unique.

At least Shatterstar looks like a warrior. This dude looks like he bums cigarettes off minors at the skate park.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 10, 2023

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Iceman with a black ball cap is a look.

That Wolverine is clearly Anson Mount, someone's grumpy he's already Black Bolt in this, the bad universe.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Esplanade posted:

I got to respect Adam's desire to rock 3 different hair styles. He doesn't pull it off, but honestly who can?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Adam X had to be a joke character, right?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

marshmallow creep posted:

Everything in the 90s was deadly serious.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

there's nothing about Adam Neremani that's a joke, brother

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Powerful 'Dragonball Z - Linkin Park - Crawling' anime music video energy

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

How dare you speak that way about a Summers.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I still feel like 90's comic book aesthetics would be a perfect topic for some kind of comprehensive scholarly deep dive.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1634018860314824704?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

C'mon. That's Charlie Brown with a ponytail.

E: it's weird how much trouble people always seem to have drawing kids. Not just comic artists; look up Madonna & Child paintings for a real trip through the uncanny valley.

Esplanade fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Mar 10, 2023

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
As a father of three I have to say, children look loving weird. When they are small, they are these tiny goblins with huge heads and stubbly fingers and all of their proportions are such that you know it's almost there, but not quite. Later they stretch into gangly weirdos who look more like awkward mini-adults. It's like watching the transformation scene from An American Werewolf in London in slow motion.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

They definitely don't know what bathrooms look like

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Alaois posted:

His skeleton is coated in indestructible Nu-Metal.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

that's just one of those Disney mascot costumes where an adult is wearing a giant bobblehead mask but it's for a human character

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Red Bones posted:

His skeleton is coated in indestructible Nu-Metal.

He has a nickel back?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
He ain't no Limp Bizkit. His favourite food is Korn. His current mood is Disturbed. He hangs out at Linkin Park. He has a hard Hed (pe) on top of his shoulders. Mud runs through his Vaynes.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

if the head was a little more square it would be JRJR.jpg

Alaois posted:

this dude has definitely played Crazy Town's "Butterfly" on repeat for a woman

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
The ironic thing about this bit is that Adam-X The X-Treme debuted in summer of 1993, appeared semi-regularly through 1993-1994, went away, appeared for an issue or two of Nicieza's Captain Marvel comic in 1996, and then disappeared completely until he started popping up again mostly as a background Utopian circa 2009.

So the publication history of the character pre-dated and pretty much completely missed the Nu-Metal era of music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

The ironic thing about this bit is that Adam-X The X-Treme debuted in summer of 1993, appeared semi-regularly through 1993-1994, went away, appeared for an issue or two of Nicieza's Captain Marvel comic in 1996, and then disappeared completely until he started popping up again mostly as a background Utopian circa 2009.

So the publication history of the character pre-dated and pretty much completely missed the Nu-Metal era of music.

yeah but he absolutely listened to Infectious Grooves