Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Endless Mike posted:

I did and have no clue what happened. Sure was pretty though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

Endless Mike posted:

I did and have no clue what happened. Sure was pretty though.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Stories where you have no idea what happened can be very good as long as you get the sense that the writer knows exactly what happened.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Same sentiment, although found the non-narrative writing in the last issue so moving that it reassured me the Moores themselves probably had a handle on some kind of plot at least. Was enjoying reading through this on the first issue as well.

Pre-ordered Treasury edition, will see if makes more sense on second read-through, but won't be too concerned if it doesn't. And it's a boring thing to say at this point, but would be nice to live in a world where any Marvel movie had even like 1% of the originality and weirdness of this. (Guess I'm just saying would love to see this animated in some form, although not sure how well it would actually translate).

GraPar fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 26, 2023

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I feel like I'm only begrudgingly reading Venom by this point because I want to see where it goes and how it ends. Possibly a rare miss from Ewing unless there's something really phenomenal in the next few issues.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gologle posted:

I feel like I'm only begrudgingly reading Venom by this point because I want to see where it goes and how it ends. Possibly a rare miss from Ewing unless there's something really phenomenal in the next few issues.

Yeah I tried, I really did, but I'm just not digging it. The concept of a guy trying to break out of his own preordained fate feels like it should be great but it's just... eh.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Anyone have strong opinions on Eve Ewing’s work? Not sure if I’m going to keep BP on my pull list through the next volume. Will probably at least check out Photon before deciding

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i enjoyed her ironheart but unfortunately her next gig was supposed to be champions but she got saddled with the both lovely and ill-timed (covid hit right when it was supposed to get off the ground) outlawed event, so it died unceremoniously. tbh i haven't actually read photon yet so i don't know how that one is :ohdear:

she's taking over bp? didn't the other guy just start a few months ago?

site fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 5, 2023

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

site posted:

i enjoyed her ironheart but unfortunately her next gig was supposed to be champions but she got saddled with the both lovely and ill-timed (covid hit right when it was supposed to get off the ground) outlawed event, so it died unceremoniously. tbh i haven't actually read photon yet so i don't know how that one is :ohdear:

It's quite good! I only picked it up because my LCS has a standing request to set aside Al Ewing stuff for me and they slipped up, but I really liked it.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

site posted:

she's taking over bp? didn't the other guy just start a few months ago?

Yeah current run is going to end with #15, I've enjoyed this run quite a bit so I'm a little bummed. I didn't realize Savage Avengers was ending either but it just wrapped up with #10

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1632149177655341062

:hmmyes:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Gyros Reborn

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

How Wonderful! posted:

It's quite good! I only picked it up because my LCS has a standing request to set aside Al Ewing stuff for me and they slipped up, but I really liked it.

gender fluid fabulous beyonder really got a glow up

site fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 5, 2023

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

site posted:

gender fluid fabulous beyonder really got a glow up

Did you read the Al Ewing Defenders minis? The Beyonder is really having a good 2022/2023

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
of course i did! but that was classic 80s beyonder

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
https://twitter.com/CaptainAmerica/status/1631335382657769491

Sentinel of Liberty has been so, so good. This new costume makes me think Sharon is taking the Destroyer mantle after that last issue.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
honestly i thought it was kinda lame and boring and dropped it a few issues ago but i guess i'll catch up. skull mask makes me think either taskmaster ripoff or she's gone crossbones nazi

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

srypher posted:

https://twitter.com/CaptainAmerica/status/1631335382657769491

Sentinel of Liberty has been so, so good. This new costume makes me think Sharon is taking the Destroyer mantle after that last issue.

Yeah that's a good call.

Sentinel of Liberty is great.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Thirding that the book is good.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

site posted:

honestly i thought it was kinda lame and boring and dropped it a few issues ago but i guess i'll catch up. skull mask makes me think either taskmaster ripoff or she's gone crossbones nazi

Shook by Steve Rogers having supporting characters.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:hmm: i think you'll find i was one of the only people who liked and talked about tnc's run which is where the daughters of liberty came from. sentinal lost me because the outer circle stuff was lame and i checked out at the issue that tried to tell me that all these secret organizations, some being canon centuries old, are actually ran by 5 randos you've never heard of who just decided one day they were now going to run them because they felt like it, no don't think too hard on how that actually works

i know comics are dumb but for some reason that was just the moment the book lost me

site fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 8, 2023

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
boy so Wells really did string out the reveal in ASM for multiple months only to have it refer back to some poo poo back during BND that probably only he remembers (cuz he wrote it) huh

I've been a fan of his run on ASM so far, but this had better take a turn for the interesting fast, because I am not all that chuffed about Spider-Man VS Tezcatlipoca or whatever this is currently pointed towards

although to be fair, the reveal behind the time jump in North's F4 was pretty neat, so maybe the bar was set higher than it would've been otherwise

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
https://mobile.twitter.com/AIPTcomics/status/1633537695354871844

Back to horror Hulk looks like.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Ryan North's Fantastic Four is so delightedly stupid in a smart way. It's really giving him a chance to explain weird concepts.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I still don't know what the hell the big mystery for ASM is. I prefer the current Spiderverse story going on, it had a very cool set up re-contextualizing Peter in 616 if he was never bitten.

I guess starship Hulk is over, it was a neat idea and I like the refuge planet he's on right now.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Lol at not keeping the Spider-Man macguffin kid's name straight, whether intentionally or due to complete incompetence.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

OnimaruXLR posted:

boy so Wells really did string out the reveal in ASM for multiple months only to have it refer back to some poo poo back during BND that probably only he remembers (cuz he wrote it) huh

I've been a fan of his run on ASM so far, but this had better take a turn for the interesting fast, because I am not all that chuffed about Spider-Man VS Tezcatlipoca or whatever this is currently pointed towards

although to be fair, the reveal behind the time jump in North's F4 was pretty neat, so maybe the bar was set higher than it would've been otherwise

Is Spider-Man going to fight that big head the Simpsons keep in their basement?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I do not remember this Spider-Man villain whatsoever.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gologle posted:

Right? I wanna get back to Tombstone.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Moon Knight is so good y’all

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gologle posted:

I went back and read it again and it's a good story. I guess it should have been obvious that Wells was going to pull someone from his own time on the book.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

Thranguy posted:

Back to horror Hulk looks like.

PKJ has been great on Action Comics, looking forward to this

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I saw that wells was literally asking readers if they remembered the critical plot point he apparently put in ASM 555, 15 years ago, and I actually laughed out loud.

I don't know why certain writers think "Rememeber this?!" is ... worth writing stories around? And I don't know why those writers keep getting to write ASM.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
How was Silver Surfer:Rebirth?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Nilbop posted:

I saw that wells was literally asking readers if they remembered the critical plot point he apparently put in ASM 555, 15 years ago, and I actually laughed out loud.

Yeah I was like "No I don't remember a one shot villain from a 3 issue arc in loving 2008, are you nuts?"

Like I get it, the guy wanted to pull from a story he wrote and liked but you can't just pull something that old from out of the blue imo. It's not like it's some classic storyline that you're expected to know about because it's critical to Spider-Man's history or anything.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 9, 2023

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Every time I get excited about a new ASM writer, and every time it's more bad than good for my tastes. I really like the Osborn stuff. Hell I'm a 70s/80s kid, I'm fine with Pete and Felicia together. I just wish they'd poo poo or get off the pot with MJ and getting right up to proposing before a new status quo hits. I also wouldn't mind Pete just taking a break for a while and letting Miles be the one Spider-Man.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Lucifunk posted:

Every time I get excited about a new ASM writer, and every time it's more bad than good for my tastes. I really like the Osborn stuff. Hell I'm a 70s/80s kid, I'm fine with Pete and Felicia together. I just wish they'd poo poo or get off the pot with MJ and getting right up to proposing before a new status quo hits. I also wouldn't mind Pete just taking a break for a while and letting Miles be the one Spider-Man.

i like everything but this dumb mystery. It was said above, but at least North revealed his in only 4 issues and it was only an issue long. Tombstone is great, this silly White Rabbit subplot is delightful, I'm even interested in seeing what's up with that debt collector. But the mystery is boring.

This week was great even outside of the x-books though, BC&MJ, Moonknight, and Scarlet Witch were all amazing.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I’ll be sad to see it end

https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1634214876531896322?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

What a tagline though

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this; but are there any Goon-approved Marvel podcasts or youtubers? Especially ones that discuss storylines and stuff from, like, the 80s/90s and early aughts? I'd really love to hear people reminisce about and discuss some of stuff I grew up with (80s was before my time, but I mean, as someone who watched the X-Men TAS religiously, Claremont still basically informed my platonic ideal of the X-Men).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this; but are there any Goon-approved Marvel podcasts or youtubers? Especially ones that discuss storylines and stuff from, like, the 80s/90s and early aughts? I'd really love to hear people reminisce about and discuss some of stuff I grew up with (80s was before my time, but I mean, as someone who watched the X-Men TAS religiously, Claremont still basically informed my platonic ideal of the X-Men).

Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men (was originally titled Rachel and Miles X-plain the X-Men, over the course of the podcast Rachel came out as a trans man and changed their name to Jay, so all the episodes are currently listed as Jay and Miles explain the X-Men) basically goes chronologically through X-Men starting with Giant Sized number one. It's been going on long enough that I think they've covered almost everything Claremont has written.

Cerebrocast is another X-Men podcast, each episode is focused around an individual X-Men character so encompasses everything about the character up until they made the podcast.

Don't know about non X-Men podcasts.