Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

hey at least it's not dealing with bitcoiners

[UNNAMED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE] cannot crash soon enough

it could have been worse... we could have Emily Gorcenski instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

I have seen the future of my year ahead and it’s be at dinner parties and receptions with these goddamn policy people, and someone will say it’s so tragic we can’t supply our friends and allies Ukraine with enough ammunition, because that narrative will pick up as things get worse.

And I’ll have to sit there remembering how ammunition for the very weapon system we are providing Ukraine, that’s by far the cheapest, easiest, quickest tank round to produce, that far exceeds any other main gun ammunition if you think about the ratio of effectiveness to cost and complexity, that oh no we’re not producing it and can’t produce it because it wasn’t profitable to BAE.

Ammunition is never “just” ammunition, just like months ago with the M777 a gun is never “just” a gun, but I have the misfortune to have surrounded myself with the same people making these decisions, listening to what NPR and CBC have to say about the consequences, and then being goddamn Ordnance Understanders for the length - and only ever the length - of the news cycle that coincides with that dinner party.

I’m glad GBS got their thread back, because when that ammunition narrative or Challenger 2 wunderwaffe narrative - and tie me up if they happen to coincide - comes around, I don’t even know what to say to liberals. This is the world you wanted, you made some shareholders very happy, shut the gently caress up about ordnance.

You will need frequent delivery of Molson I guess.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

https://twitter.com/emilygorcenski/status/1626293319713054726

Wonder what she feels about the recon drone

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
One of these days an intern at whatever the Canadian CIA is is going to find this thread and FF is gonna get black bagged.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

1stGear posted:

One of these days an intern at whatever the Canadian CIA is is going to find this thread and FF is gonna get black bagged.

Too obvious. Instead they could just place him on a job cataloguing files or compiling old but largely unimportant records or attending staff reorganization working groups.

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

FF has opened the necronomicon of materialism and is forced every day to serve one of the most feeble neoliberal hellscapes on earth - is that not punishment enough?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Console FPS games are so funny, there's at least a second of her moving her aim to the next person and they're just looking at her.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

lmao

Looking up the cost of the Iranian drones Russia bought bugged my eyes out. They are absurdly cheap compared to anything in NATO and can carry some missiles. $20k a pop? That's nothing. It's the sort of military engineering US MIC is incapable of producing because their isn't enough grift. Shooting it down with a Javelin missile costs over $200k. And then somehow Ukraine lost a fighter jet to one of these drones.

I remember the early days of this whole circus when The West was taking apart a salvaged Russian drone and they were laughing at all the off the shelf components. The cheap Russians! Haha. Don't even have fancy proprietary cameras, just a repurposed digital camcorder or something. Lmao junk drone. Look at our amazing bespoke western drones that cost millions each and come with all the bells and whistles. Admire the superior western drone.

No don't scratch it jeez. You know how much these things cost?!? We can't afford to replace these, it's not in the budget!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Endman posted:

Console FPS games are so funny, there's at least a second of her moving her aim to the next person and they're just looking at her.

All cover based shooters are for pathetic weaklings who can't think in three dimensions or aim weapons with travel time while jump strafing, consoles make proper shooters mostly impossible and here we are

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
i wonder why russia is doing this big bombing run now

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Al-Saqr posted:

i wonder why russia is doing this big bombing run now

For real, or...?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
if its really the biggest missile attack going down, I wonder if that's the start of the spring offensive

Tankbuster posted:

lol that my dad said the same thing when he came to visit me while I was in the US. He took the greyhound bus because there were no trains and he didn't want to fly. Said he passed through areas that looked significantly worse than rural maharashtra; let alone kerala.

The US has miles of tent cities and broken down infrastructure everywhere, its a god damned disgrace

Ardennes posted:

I mean the cost of living in Portland is literally like 3-4 times Moscow at this point, so they weren’t expecting they would have to make 3-4 times what they made in Moscow to have the same quality of life (probably more factoring in a car and health care etc). They moved to a place with a worse work to life balance.

They didn’t think Mexicans would be in Oregon because it is a “white state” and they wanted to escape the horrors of Moscow where there would be non-white Russian citizens on the metro minding their own business.

Part of it, I think, comes from the period when Moscow was the most expensive city in the world. Its still a huge expensive city, but boy have prices throughout the entire USA caught up since then

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/Levi_godman/status/1633574498417926144

somehow i didnt mentally picture victoria nuland as being fat

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Al-Saqr posted:

all this posting and youre STILL in the MIC?!?!

hey we don't all get NEETbux from the ruler of our petrostate.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

this tweet poses a troubling question

https://twitter.com/PeImeniPusha/status/1633674544056791041

is it cannibalism to eat an orc?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Tankbuster posted:

hey we don't all get NEETbux from the ruler of our petrostate.

hey dude i dont get a loving dime we dont all get to rely on our caste for a good job

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/PeImeniPusha/status/1633451831996162048

i thought this was a funny and informative thread and you should read it

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Al-Saqr posted:

hey dude i dont get a loving dime we dont all get to rely on our caste for a good job

the gently caress is that supposed to mean? Also how is your warhammer collection going?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

today in tankies inexplicably running interference for putins team of orcish monsters i present

https://twitter.com/ewong/status/1633546535123419136

...the united states government???

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/ScepticRadical/status/1633463953564274696

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

DancingShade posted:

I remember the early days of this whole circus when The West was taking apart a salvaged Russian drone and they were laughing at all the off the shelf components. The cheap Russians! Haha. Don't even have fancy proprietary cameras, just a repurposed digital camcorder or something. Lmao junk drone. Look at our amazing bespoke western drones that cost millions each and come with all the bells and whistles. Admire the superior western drone.

No don't scratch it jeez. You know how much these things cost?!? We can't afford to replace these, it's not in the budget!

Counterpoint:

More of these than I can count but I got bummed out reading the fatal accident reports interspersed.

Anyway, they cost a fortune and seem to get scratched a lot, sometimes in ways that seem like shoddy workmanship imo.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/PeImeniPusha/status/1633451862971088898

bullshit, dolphins are an allied unit

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Tankbuster posted:

the gently caress is that supposed to mean? Also how is your warhammer collection going?

i dont know why you decided to accuse me of being a neet who gets free government handouts all of a sudden

also the collection is going great :)

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

if its really the biggest missile attack going down, I wonder if that's the start of the spring offensive

someone on telegram pointed out that it doesn't look like there's the same massive power outage that followed the previous strikes that targeted the electrical grid, and that the reason for that might be that this latest attack focused on AD instead.

either that or someone managed to geolocated the warehouse where the leopards are being kept

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

1stGear posted:

They'll be too busy complaining about their student loans on reddit.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

sounds like there were power outages in Kharkiv and that the Zaporizhzhia nuke plant got disconnected from the grid

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Comrade Koba posted:

someone on telegram pointed out that it doesn't look like there's the same massive power outage that followed the previous strikes that targeted the electrical grid, and that the reason for that might be that this latest attack focused on AD instead.

either that or someone managed to geolocated the warehouse where the leopards are being kept

It would be funny if one of the targets was the stockpile of HESH shells and now the 24 strong challenger fleet has to sit parked with their thumbs up their behinds.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/IlvesToomas/status/1633693342285414400

i too am disgusted that the russians would engage in unprovoked bombing of estonia back in

checks notes

1944? weird how theyd waste time bombing estonia when they were busy fighting the nazis

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Frosted Flake posted:

More of these than I can count but I got bummed out reading the fatal accident reports interspersed.

Anyway, they cost a fortune and seem to get scratched a lot, sometimes in ways that seem like shoddy workmanship imo.

Kids don't do metalwork like they used too.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
is Putin weaponizing inter-forums drama???

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

i would not like to be HESHed

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Putin is weaponizing bimboification

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Comrade Koba posted:

oh god please not the leopards or challengers, anything but those

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
yeah most of my knowledge came from war thunder ideas and stuff but I always thought the idea that your HESH would be perfectly aligned to splat just so on the armor plate was horse poo poo.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/Billbrowder/status/1633384307157880832

were never going to be able to destroy putins pianist if we cant even defeat his cellist

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

What's the advantage of HESH over just normal APFSDS?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

good news everyone

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1633545314119327757

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Tankbuster posted:

if the liberal west has it, so must they. They will add some 9/10 women sieg heilling to it.

It is actually more of a Soviet thing, that is why it is surprising. It isn’t a public holiday in most of the West (why would women need a special holiday?)

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Tankbuster posted:

I love sailing my rogue band of mercenaries on a pleasure boat in the middle of naval exercises to blow pipes up.
a feature length film debuting this fall with hersh briefly looking away from his qanon tab to be threatened with kompromat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

I met the historian they’ve assigned to researching names on the proposed Victims of Communism Memorial. Imagine the amount of political/Political interference he has to deal with daily in a years long project .

loving lmao. Going to need you to do a deep dive dish on this meeting