Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
it was previously described in chapter 384 that if the mafia boss is on their home turf, then that means they're taking personal responsibility for the attacks on the other families and they mean war. since morena is on deck 2, that means she's away from the hei-ly's home turf of tier 3, so the hei-ly's attacks don't mean all-out war under the mafia laws & it theoretically should be possible to negotiate a truce (but morena seems to be taking advantage of the rules and likely isn't interested in that)

this means that the other families might want the spiders to back off on killing the hei-ly for the time being as this complicates things - the other families wanted to wipe out the hei-ly because they were being too aggressive, but now technically they'd be the aggressors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

yeah ive got no idea what the gently caress is going on, maybe ill figure it out on a reread once we hit a decent midway point in 2026

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

lih posted:

it was previously described in chapter 384 that if the mafia boss is on their home turf, then that means they're taking personal responsibility for the attacks on the other families and they mean war. since morena is on deck 2, that means she's away from the hei-ly's home turf of tier 3, so the hei-ly's attacks don't mean all-out war under the mafia laws & it theoretically should be possible to negotiate a truce (but morena seems to be taking advantage of the rules and likely isn't interested in that)

this means that the other families might want the spiders to back off on killing the hei-ly for the time being as this complicates things - the other families wanted to wipe out the hei-ly because they were being too aggressive, but now technically they'd be the aggressors

I see, thanks for your good memory! I remember now. It's kind of a moot point, as we have seen Morena, is an anarchist who wants to kill everyone, and chos everywhere.

Brought To You By posted:

So my thoughs are that Kacho is actually just dead dead and her nen beast just has all her memories copied over. Then again, If someone like Hanzo were to die while possessing a doppelganger and post mortem nen activated, wouldn't that result in the same situation we have here? It's just troubling to think about how the inverse situation would work with Fuugetsu being the conjured double since it would mean [Season of Two] can soul jack or copy all of Fuugetsu's memories in that instant. This is now the third time of a seemingly conjured object phasing through matter in this arc. Either Togashi is continuing to broaden what rules conjured objects can have or the flickering I observed in Hanzo's ability indicates some emissions component to this which I think is more logical.

Also, never trusted the Ministry dude before and certainly don't trust him now. Even if he's not manipulating himself to keep his composure and thoughts restrained, he's way too fast on trying to expunge other princes for a guy who should be utterly neutral.

Fuugetsu crushes me this chapter. I think like Maryam she's aware her sister is dead and on top of that it looks like Camilla did have one of her untouchables launch a curse. And since Camilla hasn't sent anyone to interrogate Melody I assume they are sticking with the plan to just feel out any exorcists in the hunter's association has onboard.

Finally, a pre-emptive RIP to my thoughts surrounding the user of Silent Majority. If Longhi is the 4th and final of the hidden nen users, and doubting that Togashi made Furykov wrong on this, then Mushaho doesn't meet one of the main requirements for being the puppeteer. However Longhi doesn't either as more questions pile up about the motive for attacking Woble's room when by virtue of being affiliated with a prince of the 2nd queen, other targets would be and more important. At the very least targeting Zhang who is the son of the third queen as Tubeppa has an extreme anger for her older siblings. So Longhi is either operating on her own prerogatives or Silent Majority's user was never in the class at all. Both Longhi and the SM user are probably manipulators going off Melody's statement that manipulators often present themselves as being unpowered. So there's still more intrigue to be had....in another 4 years :negative:

I'm glad we see eye to eye in several things I thought the same of Kacho when she suddenly reappeared after her death, it's literally the nen beast with Kacho's memories. Same with Fuu and her awareness of what happened with kacho, and the Untouchables being implicated here.

Although, about Silent Majority, I ddoubt this is the conclusion. I refuse to believe it!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
From how it’s being talked about Kacho was basically resurrected after her death through her beast. Her memory and personality is intact which is good cause I like her. I don’t think Fugetsu knows about the death pretty sure that’s the curse from Camilla’s people, hope she can be saved.

All the higher ranked people should think Kacho is dead because of her corpse being found. But Kacho is in a weird situation.

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

I think ]the announcement that started playing before we cut to everybody suddenly knowing that Kachou is dead was probably them announcing that Kachou is dead. The real question is how many people actually know about the other Kachou running around, mom doesn't know and Kachou herself is operating under the assumption that everyone except Fuugetsu thinks she's dead. But presumably some people must have interacted with her.

anyway I'm glad Kachou is still herself. Hopefully Fuu gets some sleep and also goes back to being herself. I'm almost certain that it's really her own evolving nen beast that's wearing her down so much and not an attack by anyone else.

edit: actually I don't think the princes' deaths are being made public so scratch the first bit. But either way it seems to me like Kachou is being treated as dead for the purposes of the war and only people Kachou has directly interacted with (and probably nasubi as well) know about her, and presumably the entire point of confining them is to hide that information.

BlitznBurst fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 24, 2022

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

good ch.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

BlitznBurst posted:

anyway I'm glad Kachou is still herself. Hopefully Fuu gets some sleep and also goes back to being herself. I'm almost certain that it's really her own evolving nen beast that's wearing her down so much and not an attack by anyone else.

Melody seems sure that it’s a hostile attack on Fugetsu

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Melody seems sure that it’s a hostile attack on Fugetsu

I re-read the series recently, and was reminded of the existence of Cammie's Curse-bestowing Untouchables.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

I'm glad we see eye to eye in several things I thought the same of Kacho when she suddenly reappeared after her death, it's literally the nen beast with Kacho's memories. Same with Fuu and her awareness of what happened with kacho, and the Untouchables being implicated here.

Although, about Silent Majority, I ddoubt this is the conclusion. I refuse to believe it!

My expectation for Kacho is that There will come a point where she stops exhibiting her current personality and activates some kind of instant kill mode where it's purely her nen beast acting in the most efficient and immediate manner to save Fuugetsu's life. Like right now Fuugetsu isn't about to die but if her condition continues to worsen or if someone were to pull a gun on her, Kacho would temporarily drop the facade of these memories and personality and make a beeline to the threat if she isn't already present.

I reserve my judgement on Silent Majority. I really do feel like Mushaho is the most logical candidate but Longhi being our last hidden user complicates matters unless her awakening is a result of something like Tubeppa's beast. I don't want to deny Furykov his method of analysis, he seems pretty infallible in this arena as I can't imagine a nen user realizing their eyes in profile hint at their capacity to use nen. Anymore than this Caesar guy's heart being uniform as a result of manipulating himself is something he might have anticipated a person with super hearing to notice. But if she is then how Silent Majority spread to room 1014 in the first place comes back into question so she probably isn't the user for that power at all.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

My expectation for Kacho is that There will come a point where she stops exhibiting her current personality and activates some kind of instant kill mode where it's purely her nen beast acting in the most efficient and immediate manner to save Fuugetsu's life. Like right now Fuugetsu isn't about to die but if her condition continues to worsen or if someone were to pull a gun on her, Kacho would temporarily drop the facade of these memories and personality and make a beeline to the threat if she isn't already present.

I reserve my judgement on Silent Majority. I really do feel like Mushaho is the most logical candidate but Longhi being our last hidden user complicates matters unless her awakening is a result of something like Tubeppa's beast. I don't want to deny Furykov his method of analysis, he seems pretty infallible in this arena as I can't imagine a nen user realizing their eyes in profile hint at their capacity to use nen. Anymore than this Caesar guy's heart being uniform as a result of manipulating himself is something he might have anticipated a person with super hearing to notice. But if she is then how Silent Majority spread to room 1014 in the first place comes back into question so she probably isn't the user for that power at all.

I don’t agree on Kacho, while I think she will have a sense of danger for Fugetsu, I don’t think her personality will go away or anything, I am pretty sure this was basically a true resurrection more or less

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don’t agree on Kacho, while I think she will have a sense of danger for Fugetsu, I don’t think her personality will go away or anything, I am pretty sure this was basically a true resurrection more or less

I just think that would be boring at the end of the day. If it's just her, with the new power to walk through walls I feel it would lose the flavor of this being a war between princes and monsters created from their basest desires and mentality if one prince just got a cool copy of their sibling that was part ghost. In my mind I want a scene like after Meruem got a bomb dropped on him and Knuckles had approached Pouf only for Pouf to turn to face him with a half ant face. Something to remind us that no matter how human someone might appear there is a distinctly non-human quality to them.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

im glad theres people here who can explain all these chapters my eyes glaze over whenever theres this much text

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/hunter-x-hunter-chapter-400/chapter/26045?action=read

Chapter official.

I am pretty sure Kacho is similar in nature to the Chimera Ants. They died, but many of them still considered themselves to be the same person as before once they got their memories back.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Very angry I need to wait 3 years to hear that announcement. They said it was urgent!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Next time they get past the lawyer by saying "This isn't your turf, it isn't trespassing."

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Just realized that I want to see Lawyer and Mizaistom go at it.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
This seems a bit ominous: Melody's actions have led to rippling effect; the 4th survived, and Melody is being interrogated. I wonder if the mastermind knows of Melody and Kurapika's prior relationship and her abilities; it would draw out Kurapika who seems already stretched out thin.

MonsterEnvy posted:

I am pretty sure Kacho is similar in nature to the Chimera Ants. They died, but many of them still considered themselves to be the same person as before once they got their memories back.

It's a philosophical question. Up to the reader to agree, disagree, or qualify authorial intent.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
My assumption is Kacho's being set up to trick Rihan into misfiring his predator ability.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Or kamillas ability, there's a lot of interesting options.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
No matter the case I hope things work out for the twins.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

So in this batch we had

391: Fight with the Heily goons
392: Manhunt for Hisoka, he is found
393: Luini dies, more Heily members appearing, Hisoka moves to Deck 1.
394: the 'lazy squad' introduced, as part of the 'military faction' and with ties to Tsierri.
395: the Phantom Troupe enter the Heily room, their flashback starts
396: Phantom Troupe flashback part II
397: Phantom Troupe flashback part III
398: Nobunaga and Hinrigh starts the assault
399: The 'scuffle' with Heily members, they are expelled from the location
400: the Troupe goes for reinforcements and plan to move to Deck 2. Resuming the sucession fight filling out some minor Prince: guards from Tyson presented and developments in the Fuu/Kacho faction.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i would be perfectly happy with 10 chapters a year for as long as togashi cares to continue.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Son of Rodney posted:

Or kamillas ability, there's a lot of interesting options.

Way back in an earlier chapter the Grandmother of Camilla's troupes and Sarahell the captain of the group talked about smoking out any exorcists the hunters might have on the ship by targeting a lower prince. I figure news that Kacho died and a possible escape attempt would make Fuugetsu the ideal target under those conditions in case she tries to run a second time. Now that the curse is on her no matter if she flees or not she'll die eventually unless someone intervenes. And if she does then Camilla can work with that.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Turin Turambar posted:

So in this batch we had

391: Fight with the Heily goons
392: Manhunt for Hisoka, he is found
393: Luini dies, more Heily members appearing, Hisoka moves to Deck 1.
394: the 'lazy squad' introduced, as part of the 'military faction' and with ties to Tsierri.
395: the Phantom Troupe enter the Heily room, their flashback starts
396: Phantom Troupe flashback part II
397: Phantom Troupe flashback part III
398: Nobunaga and Hinrigh starts the assault
399: The 'scuffle' with Heily members, they are expelled from the location
400: the Troupe goes for reinforcements and plan to move to Deck 2. Resuming the sucession fight filling out some minor Prince: guards from Tyson presented and developments in the Fuu/Kacho faction.

We're 51 chapters into the Succession War and at this rate I'd say we're going to need another 100 for a full resolution.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Viz

TCB

Which translation is more accurate? Viz's seems like Nobunaga is talking about Hinrigh (possibly as a new Spiders recruit) while TCB he sounds more interested in fighting the Heily

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I don't know, but I like the official announcement in the TCB version better.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

yum posted:

Viz

TCB

Which translation is more accurate? Viz's seems like Nobunaga is talking about Hinrigh (possibly as a new Spiders recruit) while TCB he sounds more interested in fighting the Heily

Both sound like he's talking about the guy in the Hei-ly who does the damage conversion.

Nobu tends to like dudes like him or Hinrigh or Gon who take action without concern for their own lives/safety, presumably because they remind him of Uvogin.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/i/status/1607302543427735553

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Both sound like he's talking about the guy in the Hei-ly who does the damage conversion.

Nobu tends to like dudes like him or Hinrigh or Gon who take action without concern for their own lives/safety, presumably because they remind him of Uvogin.

Oh yeah, forgot about that guy. Feitan is right.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Just heard that hunter x hunter (and yu yu hakusho!) is going to be officially published in my country :woop: it's the first manga I've ever wanted to physically own and it's finally happening

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Epilogue of Sensei Hakusho got released a couple days ago.

I understand the sentiment.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The HxH anime (among other shows) is now available for free on Viz’s YouTube channel:

https://www.viz.com/blog/posts/watch-anime-for-free-on-youtube

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Is this the year I finally finish Inuyasha?

No. It isn't.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I started reading hxh in about 2003, and thought it was just permanently on hiatus. I just finished reading the entire thing. It's so god damned good! Is there anything similar I might like? I should probably read Yu Yu Hakusho, I watched most of the anime a while ago but never read it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

redreader posted:

I started reading hxh in about 2003, and thought it was just permanently on hiatus. I just finished reading the entire thing. It's so god damned good! Is there anything similar I might like? I should probably read Yu Yu Hakusho, I watched most of the anime a while ago but never read it.

If you want but I’ve heard the anime is overall better than the manga (I’ve only ever seen the former myself)

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Wake up guys, new un4v5s8bgsvk9xp tweet just dropped tonight.

https://twitter.com/un4v5s8bgsvk9xp/status/1633699912083996672?s=46&t=5s_DmfHI7K-59vLmt7musA

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Let's go!

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Oh gently caress yes

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

kickass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Glad it looks like it will come back fairly fast.