Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

https://www.twitch.tv/watchmeforever

apparently gonna be back march 8th 5pm pst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Deki posted:

Finally gave your channel a shot yesterday, its fun as hell.

Cool, glad you had fun!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

March 8th is the day that we will learn about all of the new restaurants that opened up in the past month.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
looks like it's starting up?

https://twitch.tv/watchmeforever

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Nearly 4000 people already

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
almost ten thousand now.

people are not responding well. lmao

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Who the hell are Leo and Kelly

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Yea, they changed the formula, not sure what it's supposed to be mimcing.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
this is a disaster lmao

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

well nothing forever was good while it lasted. oh well.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

This seems kinda off....

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
They were in the same chair

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long
Did they get a cease and desist? The show doesn't feel remotely like a Seinfeld parody anymore.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Yea I had to stop watching, this is just not interesting to me.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Supposedly there's two other characters but one showed up once (weirdly in a conversation where they talked about what if they were actually AI in a virtual world). Otherwise it's the Leo and Kelly show.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they shouldn't have bothered. lmao.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
The whiplash between the cool microwave skit at the start and the actual new show was legendary.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

this is New Coke all over again

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Rollos posted:

Did they get a cease and desist? The show doesn't feel remotely like a Seinfeld parody anymore.

UnlimitedSteam is still running strong and it straight up names the characters Skinner and Chalmers. I just think watchmeforever wanted to try something new and it bombed.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Mar 9, 2023

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Legit Nothing Forever walked so others could run. The race genuinely started with them.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Rollos posted:

No confirmation, but the merch with the 3D models that have the likeness of the actors is not on their official store and an admin in the discord said they can't talk about why they changed everything. Pretty bullshit because there's nothing that actually prevents anyone from saying they got a legal threat.

Pararoid posted:

The whiplash between the cool microwave skit at the start and the actual new show was legendary.

Reading out a boring, 90s era blog post to open it up is just baffling.

Lister fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Mar 9, 2023

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

CJacobs posted:

Legit Nothing Forever walked so others could run. The race genuinely started with them.

Yeah, a lot of other ones are becoming more advanced. The anime one and the creepy weather one both have added some chat interaction, steamed hams remains the same but it's consistently funny, this is a little behind now

Then again, I say that as Nothing Forever has over 5k viewers, so what the gently caress do I know

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

this is brutal, did they forget people were watching it because it was a seinfeld parody, if they got a legal notice they probably shoulda just called it lol

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yeah, a lot of other ones are becoming more advanced. The anime one and the creepy weather one both have added some chat interaction, steamed hams remains the same but it's consistently funny, this is a little behind now

Then again, I say that as Nothing Forever has over 5k viewers, so what the gently caress do I know

What's the creepy weather one ?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

fit em all up in there posted:

What's the creepy weather one ?

https://twitch.tv/worldwideweather

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

That DICK! posted:

this is brutal, did they forget people were watching it because it was a seinfeld parody, if they got a legal notice they probably shoulda just called it lol

Perhaps the creators/AI trainers wanted to remove the expectation that the characters would act like their Seinfeld counterparts. They hardly ever really did but people constantly said "That's such a Jerry LARRY move!!" and I can see that getting the creators in... trouble

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Didn't they feed Seinfeld scripts to the AI to make the scripts? Maybe they want to avoid a lawsuit like this: https://www.reuters.com/legal/getty-images-lawsuit-says-stability-ai-misused-photos-train-ai-2023-02-06/

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Schweinhund posted:

Didn't they feed Seinfeld scripts to the AI to make the scripts? Maybe they want to avoid a lawsuit like this: https://www.reuters.com/legal/getty-images-lawsuit-says-stability-ai-misused-photos-train-ai-2023-02-06/

I don't think so. It was more like they established broad personality types for the characters and then generated chat based on prompts like "Characters X/Y/Z talk about a new restaurant" or "Larry tells jokes in his standup act." The reason we got so many of the repeated jokes is because chatGDT had those in its data set under "jokes." It could have been a legal threat, but it also may have been a preventative change that Twitch forced on them to avoid a lawsuit. Then maybe in the TOS there's something about how talking about the process would mean getting permanently banned. But it could be anything.

Lister fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 9, 2023

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Guys, after the Transphobia tempban can you really blame them for wanting to avoid their Kramer-expy going on a Michael Richards rant?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

On top of being generally bland, Nothing Forever really misses a lot by not having any real change in tone or emphasis in the voices. UnlimitedSteam gets so much out of seeming to know when to yell or whisper or hesitate. It also has breath sounds sometimes, which is admittedly weird.

Some of the celebrity parodies on that Athene stream are surprisingly natural, as well. (this is not an endorsement of this guy's weird mobile game or whatever)

https://clips.twitch.tv/AntediluvianOpenCoyoteLitty-nTfolancHKzqv3k2

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
At least one of the creators is real gung-ho about AI generated content replacing People Production so this just feels like the next step in that plan.
Stepping away from parodying something and make something more 'original'.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Oh oops turns out your lovely ai only worked very specifically as a parody of the banality of Seinfeld scripts and not the strength of the content itself.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
The new Nothing, Forever sucks but this Star Trek AI stream is pretty ok:
https://twitch.tv/raycreationstv

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Artificial SINtelligence. This is the devils work.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Yeah I'm not feeling the magic either. Time to go full unlimited steam.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

tortoise-tts is absolutely magical, the way it cranks the drama to 200% and sometimes slips into completely different voices or has a stroke

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
at least the microwave survived

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Whistling Asshole
Nov 18, 2005
it's so bad now, jesus christ. i disavow making this thread

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Is this channel new? It sounds like it also uses tortoise-tts for the voices.

https://twitch.tv/symposiumstream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
they mention Friends a lot in the new version