Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Donkringel posted:

Translation out

Our boy Sonic is back!

Very good chapter, and always a treat to get a proper ONE Tatsumaki. Good manga.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmfao king

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tatsumaki squaring up to Saitama was delightful :3:

Was thrilled to see Sonic, then we got a King segment too. So far this is completely surpassing my expectations for this arc, which were very high!

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Goddamn, Tatsumaki's expression after Saitama tells her to go all out. She's just so delighted.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Warden posted:

Goddamn, Tatsumaki's expression after Saitama tells her to go all out. She's just so delighted.

Oh you mean the part where her hair went up like she was going super saiyan? Once again Murata wants to draw DBZ stuff

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

pik_d posted:

Oh you mean the part where her hair went up like she was going super saiyan? Once again Murata wants to draw DBZ stuff

He definitely wants to draw DBZ stuff. Their stare down instantly reminded me of this

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
She absolutely wanted to be hugged again, didn't she?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gologle posted:

She absolutely wanted to be hugged again, didn't she?

Obligatory:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Yeah the good poo poo just keep pumping it into my veins OPM

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That chapter had pretty much everything I want out of One Punch man.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Lmao, I don't think we ever saw Tatsumaki so happy before.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

KING reigns supreme...

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Raws out: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/4856001361072081927

Placeholder
Sep 24, 2008
Translation: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/mBQJsKW/1/1/

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Welp, this is the point I most wanted to see, and I loved it.

I'm fine with whatever follows.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Glad Murata managed one image of Tatsu actually lookin kinda scary.

Very similar content but very different vibes from the original arc but that's to be expected by now. Solid stuff.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

not empty

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

That head pat, and then the reciprocal head slap :allears:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Glad Murata managed one image of Tatsu actually lookin kinda scary.

Very similar content but very different vibes from the original arc but that's to be expected by now. Solid stuff.

What are some of the differences? I'm curious but know nothing of the webcomic

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
Am I the only one finding it weird to read saitama cuss? like I don't think I 'mind' but I don't recall that ever happening before.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
A little but still kinda fitting.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RuBisCO posted:

What are some of the differences? I'm curious but know nothing of the webcomic

The big differences are mainly just in the setup and Tatsu's attitude. In the original she's having a lot less fun with the fight, instead of being smug and excited to throw down she's more angry and kinda scary. Still mostly in a funny way because she's still goofy and arrogant and can't actually hurt Saitama (90% of the jokes during the fight are basically one for one recreations) but she mostly just wants to knock this dude out and be done with it and is super frustrated that ain't happening. Lot more shots of Tatsu looking pretty intimidating during the fight, but that's never really been Murata's style with her.

And the difference with the setup is that the stuff in this chapter's flashback about Tatsu being overprotective of Fubuki due to trauma and that putting a distance between them is the main focus of the arc from the beginning. The fight starts in the webcomic due to Tatsu accusing Fubuki's groupies of making her weak and Saitama stepping in to try and de-escalate, a bit more serioues than Tatsu being mad about his mysterious relationship with her sister. There's a bit more focus on the emotional arc and it's done really well imo.

Compared to the previous arc, where the general plot beats were followed but otherwise the whole thing was pretty different, the stuff here is real similar so its fun to see what did get changed and how that impacts the stuff that was otherwise basically the same.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 23, 2023

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

okay these are some pretty great reaction panels

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I love saitama’s stupid face looking at her when she opens her eyes. Just such a dramatic moment … with his dumb face on it.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
the "yeah gently caress that" genuinely made me laugh

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

My favorite panel by a long shot in the last little while.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Absolutely loved when the sheer blinding light of Blast's heroic presence turned out to be the sun reflecting off of Saitama's head :allears:

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Do we know what Tatsumaki thinks of King? (the strongest hero.)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she respects him

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aside from Blast, I think he's the only S-Class hero she hasn't threatened to kill so far.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Irony at its finest

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This kind of stuff is OPM at its best.

All it needed was a thirst shot of King for it to be a perfect chapter.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Me to most everyone in life:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Thoren posted:

Do we know what Tatsumaki thinks of King? (the strongest hero.)
She thinks extremely highly of him. Her facial expression becomes relieved when she sees him and she says something nice.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Same

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

No Wave posted:

She thinks extremely highly of him. Her facial expression becomes relieved when she sees him and she says something nice.

Frankly I would hope Tatsumaki would still think highly of King even if she found out he didn't do all the things he was reported to do. Like sure, she would probably have a moment of disgust and whinging, but then she would remember all the times King was facing down horrifying monsters and HE WAS JUST A NORMAL DUDE.

Mumen Rider will throw his bike at an unspeakable creature of the depths, King will just keep his poker face going buying time.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
It's sorta like with PG13 movies, you only get to use one 'gently caress', so you gotta make it count.