Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

dogstile posted:

I don't think Moira has really been a staple outside of tiny meta's and that dumb 4 tank moira rush meta where you give her ult within like, 5 seconds of a teamfight and then just use it to run through a team.

But yeah, they should have just deleted brig, lol. I remember when streaming i attached a filter to a kick pedal so that every time she stunned me (remember that she used to be able to 1v1 rein? lol) the entire screen would get overlayed with giant red STUNNED graphics.

That season legitimately gave me a headache to play.

I guess zen replaced moira in goats pretty quickly. But yeah that is what caused role queue, and bunker, and double shield and scared away all the hitscan talent and on and on.

It still hasn't recovered, and lets be honest solo tank isn't great. I would prefer 2 tanks with open queue HP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<

headcase posted:

I guess zen replaced moira in goats pretty quickly. But yeah that is what caused role queue, and bunker, and double shield and scared away all the hitscan talent and on and on.

It still hasn't recovered, and lets be honest solo tank isn't great. I would prefer 2 tanks with open queue HP.

I agree, I really don’t like mega tanks as it feels like your entire game is decided by the tank you get. I tanked a lot so I didn’t mind being megatanks but as someone said earlier, most of the champs feel designed around 6v6, the maps too. It just feels awful to play dps or support as it just makes me want to tank if we have a bad one but I’m stuck playing zenyatta.

I played a bit of Overwatch at the end of 1 and queues took forever, so that’s where my complaint about that came from.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
its such a non issue but I am so happy they added mystery heros to the "win 5 games in arcade" weekly challenge. I dont think I've finished that once since OW2 started

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

its such a non issue but I am so happy they added mystery heros to the "win 5 games in arcade" weekly challenge. I dont think I've finished that once since OW2 started

Agreed. I only like MH and 3v3 elim.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://clips.twitch.tv/VenomousJoyousDonutRaccAttack-KDIYzFpi7hAACw_M
oooh sombra rework incoming

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is it too much of a bananas idea for Symmetra to lose power on her beam if she reloads? The fact that you can maintain the uber beam between reloads as long as you hit someone is silly to me.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
It seems fine to me. That would be a pretty big nerf.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If you live through a reload the other team really hosed up.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Yeah she's extremely squishy and has lead-up time to her escape so she doesn't seem too hard to counter imo.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jimbot posted:

Is it too much of a bananas idea for Symmetra to lose power on her beam if she reloads? The fact that you can maintain the uber beam between reloads as long as you hit someone is silly to me.

Why would you completely cripple a character that's already only good in low ranks where people cannot aim?
Bastion is already infinitely better at tank-busting than her, all while having more durability than some of the tanks.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://overwatch.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23922958/
Surprised to see that they're actually talking about the matchmaking issue.

Although, I gotta say, the last patch fixed my matchmaking woes, and you can clearly see that the queue times have returned back to normal as well. So it's no longer instantly throwing you into an unbalanced match anymore.
Have a gold star, Blizzard.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

As a counterpoint. #1 ranked Symmetra (in asia region) is pretty boss at this game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBr-KQMTUVM

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Issaries posted:

As a counterpoint. #1 ranked Symmetra (in asia region) is pretty boss at this game:

There's a player like that for literally any character.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Issaries posted:

watching her played like that really gives me an appreciation for the character design. I've played against people that do some of that stuff and it is so hard to beat, but it's also really hard to execute and make the right decision.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Any Baptiste players here?
I'm trying to pick him up as an option but I cannot figure out how to make my team use my ult. I don't think I've ever seen a teammate use my ult, even if I warn them in advance via the voice chat.
Clearly I'm doing something wrong.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

Any Baptiste players here?
I'm trying to pick him up as an option but I cannot figure out how to make my team use my ult. I don't think I've ever seen a teammate use my ult, even if I warn them in advance via the voice chat.
Clearly I'm doing something wrong.

The best person to use his ult is him. He can easily melt 3 enemies before it ends.

Like every other topic on teammates, it is better to assume they are bots. I guess i usually spam Z (ult status) about 5 times And then place it where they can see it. Placing it for myself to get a single pick isn't out of the question either.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

As a friendly Rein, I appreciate instakill firestrikes.

But otherwise I usually throw bap Qs for my own benefit. If someone else can use it, it is a bonus.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
So are people having better matchmaking? Cos for me it still stinks.

All my games today and yesterday where getting rolled or stomping and its boring as gently caress.
All queue times are 1 minute.
Id happily wait 10 if I got a game that was actually interesting.

edit
All ranked, queue role

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 12, 2023

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

So are people having better matchmaking? Cos for me it still stinks.

All my games today and yesterday where getting rolled or stomping and its boring as gently caress.
All queue times are 1 minute.
Id happily wait 10 if I got a game that was actually interesting.

Comp or Unraked? I think they made Comp matchmaking more restrictive and Unranked less.
My Comp matches were all perfectly fine since the last patch.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 12, 2023

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Also, today I discovered how long it takes for a smurf to create a new account.

11 hours of Unranked and they can go right back to smurfing in Comp.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Who cares lol

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

leftist heap posted:

Who cares lol

I agree, they should stop using matchmaking and just throw matches together.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Get rid of ranked and matchmaking and MMR and all that bullshit and just make mystery heroes the only playable mode.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

not unless they add ranked mystery heroes

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

If you want ranked, go create an ESEA or Faceit or whatever equivalent for Overwatch and play there instead. Fuckin' sweaties. :haw:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

gimme a Mystery Role Lock mode where it's 1 2 2 but characters are random

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

you have to understand if we get ranked mh we might discover new heights of Being Mad At Video Games. its for science

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jack Trades posted:

My Comp matches were all perfectly fine since the last patch.

You also had a streak of games where you only won 35% of them. Your MMR is way lower so your opponents suck more now.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I've gotten to grandmaster 4 on support and I'm not convinced the other players I'm matchmade with are anything approaching that. I know it's anecdotal and a one off, whatever, but how can a tank player at this level pick Doomfist and go die five times with no elims before thinking of switching?

it doesn't feel like I've hit a new level of play, it feels like the same poo poo I've dealt with in plat lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the OPM event has a ton of people picking doom that don't know how to play him even though they could probably hang at that rank with their usual tank pick

there was a doom in one of my games that was constantly complaining about not getting heals without realizing he's supposed to do a cooldown rotation to not die constantly

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

at the beginning of the season, blizz's dev blog said if you were in gm 4 you could be playing with people in plat 1

they've since tightened it to gm 4 can play with diamond 3

it is definitely much wider than in ow1

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I've gotten to grandmaster 4 on support and I'm not convinced the other players I'm matchmade with are anything approaching that. I know it's anecdotal and a one off, whatever, but how can a tank player at this level pick Doomfist and go die five times with no elims before thinking of switching?

it doesn't feel like I've hit a new level of play, it feels like the same poo poo I've dealt with in plat lol

I've had the same experience at masters these past few seasons. I've been regularly grouped with people who are gold and plat, and if those gold or plat players happen to be the tank then the team has a really bad time. I think there's room for mixed skill levels but the tank role being twice as important as any other is a real wildcard.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

grieving for Gandalf posted:

This is actually just the overwatch experience, even pre mm widen.

Time to start scrimming if you want something better, you're about the level where people will want you.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

mystery heroes this mystery heroes that, the real mystery is how this game still has players, am i right?[grasps the mic a little nervously] i mean... doomfist? yeah id say this games doomed alright hahaha yeah i'll make a fist alright--for blizz to sit and spin on, am i right, huh? [squints at bright lights] one punch man? more like mccree's spiked the punch, man. no seriously, you guys hear about that? about that--yeah, they're callin him cassidy now. casa del delincuete if you ask me, hahahaha. [hears the doors open and close but cant tell if someone left or entered] matchmaking? yeah you guys need some matchmaking alright, and iiiiiittttt's got NOTHIN to do with the game, hahaha. now am i right?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

dogstile posted:

This is actually just the overwatch experience, even pre mm widen.

Time to start scrimming if you want something better, you're about the level where people will want you.

I'm probably not good enough one-tricking Moira for organized play, if I'm being honest with myself. I just want decent matchmaking!!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Oh, yeah forget that. One tricking moira will just get people real mad, she gets decimated right now I think.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

dogstile posted:

Oh, yeah forget that. One tricking moira will just get people real mad, she gets decimated right now I think.

I generally do well as Moira in ranked, but like I say, I know enough to know my limits. I'm sure real-deal organized players would be all over me, whether my team was playing optimally or not. that's why I just want good matchmaking!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah that's what I mean. Any character is fine for ranked if you're good enough, that's the whole point of that whole "anyone playing their main in your elo belongs there" argument we all had ages ago :v:

But in scrims yeah, different beast entirely.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

dogstile posted:

Yeah that's what I mean. Any character is fine for ranked if you're good enough, that's the whole point of that whole "anyone playing their main in your elo belongs there" argument we all had ages ago :v:

But in scrims yeah, different beast entirely.

I don't know if that's even necessarily true for a given match if it turns out you can get people from such a wide variety of mmr on your team, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That doesn't change the argument at all, since that Platinum Mei is gonna do even worse on a character they aren't comfortable with if they got to plat one tricking Mei