Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU

RokosCockatrice posted:

I actually like this idea

it sounds good on the surface, but you know it will be used to promote every white supremacist, demote everyone saying "hey maybe you shouldn't hate black people/women/transgendered people", and hellban everyone that makes fun of ol' Muskie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Beeftweeter posted:

this is going to have the highest murder rate in the world

doubtful, murder is an unlawful killing

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
knowing kanye and elon every building in that place is going to look suspiciously like a swastika. in fact, the town will be laid out in a swastika, which grimes will defend as being a geometric pattern

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

RokosCockatrice posted:

I actually like this idea

what do you think he means by "violative speech"?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

infernal machines posted:

if florida can do it, so can we!

the funny coda to this is desantis just revoked disney's special district status, which immediately moved disney's $1 billion debt to florida taxpayers. to own the libs, of course.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Endless Mike posted:

the funny coda to this is desantis just revoked disney's special district status, which immediately moved disney's $1 billion debt to florida taxpayers. to own the libs, of course.

my understanding of this is that it moved the debt just to that district or county or whatever which is largely blue? idk i could be wrong i dont follow hellworld crap too much.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Time to decrease school funding!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

dont worry if you want to fix it simply elect local officials with the power to do so!

who desantis will immediately throw in jail like all those villiages officials

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

rotor posted:

my understanding of this is that it moved the debt just to that district or county or whatever which is largely blue? idk i could be wrong i dont follow hellworld crap too much.

it got absorbed by two counties, orange and osceola, both of which are pretty poor

the name of the town also changed from "reedy creek" to "lake buena vista" and the "reedy creek improvement district" is now the "central florida tourism oversight district"

the whole thing is very orwellian, for lack of a better term https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Florida_Tourism_Oversight_District

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rotor posted:

yeah like beeftweeter said, it's absorbed by orange and osceola counties. orange has been reliably democrat, but osceola is trending gop. biden won it handily 2020, but rubio, desantis, and the gop AG all won it in 2022 by various margins (rubio had the narrowest win of them)

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Beeftweeter posted:

it got absorbed by two counties, orange and osceola, both of which are pretty poor

the name of the town also changed from "reedy creek" to "lake buena vista" and the "reedy creek improvement district" is now the "central florida tourism oversight district"

the whole thing is very orwellian, for lack of a better term https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Florida_Tourism_Oversight_District

and also the Oversight District board contains three desantis donors, one of Sarasota County's leading transphobes, and a pastor who says that democrats are putting estrogen in the water to turn you into a fag

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

he ended up canceling that, instead he just renamed it and appointed his own oversight board full of flunkies to mildly annoy Disney by interfering with stuff there

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

holy poo poo lol

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Bastrop County is the place where the JADE HELM panic took place isnt it? just a great place filled with mentally stable geniuses. guess elon and ye will fit right in

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
doesn't that place constantly flood

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

more like gapped panels llc

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
110 homes, schools for 15 children

an elon musk venture

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

but how many horses?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i was wondering if they were ever going to make more ghost towns

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol twitter.com isn't loading at all for me, but embeds still work

(posting to see if this one will load)

https://twitter.com/teslaownersSV/status/1632611010061430784

e: infinite spinner, beautiful

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
oh it works now

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1633949685600714752

yes he is lol

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol subpoena his rear end

mystes
May 31, 2006

Wasn't the whole "twitter files" thing explicitly stuff that Musk himself was giving journalists?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

mystes posted:

Wasn't the whole "twitter files" thing explicitly stuff that Musk himself was giving journalists?

uhhhhh pedo guy

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

mystes posted:

yeah. i mean i guess he could say "i'm not the source, i just gave them access to everything" but... that's functionally the same lol

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Beeftweeter posted:

https://archive.is/wP94j#selection-287.0-305.107

quote:

Recently, Boring applied to state environmental authorities to discharge up to 140,000 gallons of industrial wastewater a day into the river.

lmfao project amazing

Lol why the gently caress does a tunnelling company need to discharge hundreds of thousands of gallons of industrial wastewater per day at its planned "warehouse". What even the gently caress?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

mystes posted:

seems like giving rando "journalists" complete access to potentially private information when your website is under an ftc decree to better protect customer's private information isn't a good idea

whistleblowing against yourself by giving someone else unrestricted access to confidential info doesn't seem like a good strat

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Improbable Lobster posted:

seems like giving rando "journalists" complete access to potentially private information when your website is under an ftc decree to better protect customer's private information isn't a good idea

whistleblowing against yourself by giving someone else unrestricted access to confidential info doesn't seem like a good strat

it is a very bad idea

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1633881037833895964

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Lol why the gently caress does a tunnelling company need to discharge hundreds of thousands of gallons of industrial wastewater per day at its planned "warehouse". What even the gently caress?

Coolant for the tunnelling machines. Probably not localised to the warehouse but since when have these chuckleheads been accurate about their filings?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Musk’s new weight loss diet.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i couldn't get the video on that last post to load in an embed but it's worth the clickthrough, taibbi gets loving steamrolled

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Kenny Logins posted:

i was wondering if they were ever going to make more ghost towns

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol he's mad at plaskett in particular i wonder why?? she is a black woman

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1633968720748896258

la-may

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

in addition to being a bad poster it rankles me how he refers to everything negative someone says as "propaganda". dude even if you really are in the right sometimes people lie. that's a thing that people do, sometimes

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

also gently caress you elon musk hope you die alone

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Something I've noticed -- does Twitter have Enterprise Grade Advanced Dunk Protection enabled for Musk? I noticed any time I click quote retweets on his tweets it shows up blank. I initially wrote this off as Twitter being a broken heap of poo poo, but other accounts' quote tweet links work just fine

edit: oh its because i have him blocked i think :cawg:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

quiggy posted:

he definitely will

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

quiggy posted:

And soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

post hole digger posted:

Something I've noticed -- does Twitter have Enterprise Grade Advanced Dunk Protection enabled for Musk? I noticed any time I click quote retweets on his tweets it shows up blank. I initially wrote this off as Twitter being a broken heap of poo poo, but other accounts' quote tweet links work just fine

edit: oh its because i have him blocked i think :cawg:

lol

i was gonna say, without an account i just get a modal that is presumably blocked by adblock