Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Jossar posted:

Now somebody tell me if Per Aspera is good enough to justify buying it at 50% off. It's the only one of the games that I'm considering buying that I'm on the fence about.

It's not all that interesting. Just planting buildings and waiting the numbers to go up so you can build more buildings.

Turning Mars green is kind of satisfying, but the game mechanics are pretty shallow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Much appreciated, even if that sucks to hear.

Based on what looks like it's running out of sale time soon, the next thing on the hit parade is V Rising. Have inexplicably high hopes for this one, but we'll see.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Diephoon posted:

Stoked for Remnant 2, not really interested in being a Gunslinger but DOES ONE OF THE CLASSES GET A DOG

there was a dog in remnant 1 too
it was an active 'summon best friend' ability you had to slot onto your gun's mod slot though instead of a base class ability

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Torchlight 2 is okay, but definitely not as good as torch light one, I haven't played the other torch light that came out whatever it's called, darkest dungeon I like actually but it's like one of those games that I'm bad at kind of games that you like

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
In case you've been wondering what Konjak's been up to since Iconoclasts, there's a little look at it here and he wants to do a proper reveal in September.

https://twitter.com/konjak/status/1633274830517592065

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Jossar posted:

DEMO - Seven: The Days Long Gone is an isometric stealth/action RPG with parkour elements in a fantasy/cyberpunk setting. The premise is extremely cool, but there's a lot of frustrating things (like how disguises don't work) that make playing it really annoying. On the other hand, the game price falls to $5 at the drop of a hat. If you don't mind the jank, pick it up and try it out, but the demo was enough that I know it's not for me.
I'm actually playing through this right now (I bought it at launch, dropped it waiting for patches then just forgot about it). I get extreme Gothic 1/2 vibes from it.
In true Euro-jank way things work how they want them to work, not how you think they should.

Disguises: They're not free passes to wander around. If spotted in a restricted area, wearing the right Faction disguise gives you time to run and hide (a typical suspicion meter thing) instead of just instantly going into combat. Your disguise can still raise suspicion outside of restricted areas so remember to take it off.
Skills: You're almost non-stop collecting these Skills in the world but you never seem to be able to use/equip them. What you're collecting is sub-abilities for Active skills chip (Invisible, Slo-Mo, etc) and Passive stat boost chips (Health, Thieving, Assassination) that get handed out at the end of Story or Side missions. Some make sense like do the Arena fighting quest to get the Fighting skill chip. Fight some cultists and their leader for the Energy Regen one ???
Junk: You love collecting junk in games? This game has SO MUCH JUNK to break down to CRAFT THINGS out of. Learn where the Junk vending machines are so you can avoid having to play Junk Collector.
The world building is there but sometimes they just kind of forget or gloss over parts of it. It's a world of mystery that constantly gets unsatisfyingly unsolved. Things happen in side quests but said things aren't explained! There's Faction warfare/unrest apparently!

There's a fortune-teller character that tells fortunes by microwaving CDs.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Pigbuster posted:

In case you've been wondering what Konjak's been up to since Iconoclasts, there's a little look at it here and he wants to do a proper reveal in September.

https://twitter.com/konjak/status/1633274830517592065

This made me check out what Cactus has been up to since Hotline Miami and it's mostly playing/promoting indie pixel art video games but he did kind of confirm he's working on/finishing up a game in 2022

https://twitter.com/cactusquid/status/1494890150899367945

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Jossar posted:

PROBABLY BUY ON A DECENT SALE/KEEPING INSTALLED: Nova Drift, Warm Snow, Night of the Full Moon

I really dig Nova Drift. Its one i always go back to on my steam deck, especially.

strategery fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 8, 2023

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Nova Drift is great but I havent played it in awhile. I bet they added a bunch of cool new stuff

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

This is a real banger of a bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/humble-heroines-warriors-dreamers-and-god-slayers

If I didn't already have like half the games there, it'd be an easy pickup, and I'm still comtemplating it for Sable and apparently they made a new Syberia?

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I only wanted Jurassic World so here's the rest:

Biomutant
4F3YV-AJ878-LJ3ZG

Edge of Eternity
4EH0M-KR5T8-IQ4LL

Hero's Hour
3WZ9D-G5NR0-ENDKE

Rogue Lords
53R36-4NCVR-YPQ3H

Demon Turf
459GQ-DGWTV-6KEEL

Golden Light
3ZW3A-23CMG-WPFF2

Monster Crown
47PN2-GZDBF-VBD7M

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rusty posted:

Hero's Hour
3WZ9D-G5NR0-ENDKE

Grabbed this one, thanks muchly! :tipshat:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Someone already took Golden light :(

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Sorry you missed it, I was going to wait until the thread was more active so people who post here would get them, but seems like no one is posting in the Steam thread today so I just posted 'em.

pradmer
Mar 31, 2009

Follow me for more books on special!

GrandpaPants posted:

This is a real banger of a bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/humble-heroines-warriors-dreamers-and-god-slayers

If I didn't already have like half the games there, it'd be an easy pickup, and I'm still comtemplating it for Sable and apparently they made a new Syberia?

If anyone is interested in splitting let me know. I'm mostly interested in Control because it turns out the Ultimate Edition they advertised in that old humble monthly was only the base game. Hopefully this time they mean it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

pradmer posted:

If anyone is interested in splitting let me know. I'm mostly interested in Control because it turns out the Ultimate Edition they advertised in that old humble monthly was only the base game. Hopefully this time they mean it.

I gave my Amazon GOG copy of Control away because I didn’t realize the Humble version was Ultimate in name only. :[

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Dreamscaper is an action roguelite, no... a run-based action game with world-building and character development going on in between runs. I don't want to just say "Hades-like", but I mean...it is. Not voice acted or as well written, but it was serviceable. I kind of gave a poo poo about some of the people I met.

The actual runs occur in the main character's dreams, and the whole game has a nice, chill, dreamy vibe to it, which I liked. Steam says I put 14 hours into it, and I don't remember ever making it past the 3rd biome, but I do remember enjoying what I played.

Anyway, here's a key for it if that sounds up your alley and you're not gonna get the bundle.

72CT4-W4KQM-89KZA

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

skeletronics posted:

Dreamscaper is an action roguelite, no... a run-based action game with world-building and character development going on in between runs. I don't want to just say "Hades-like", but I mean...it is. Not voice acted or as well written, but it was serviceable. I kind of gave a poo poo about some of the people I met.

The actual runs occur in the main character's dreams, and the whole game has a nice, chill, dreamy vibe to it, which I liked.

Anyway, here's a key for it if that sounds up your alley and you're not gonna get the bundle.

Thanks! This was on my wishlist and it’s greatly appreciated!

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Which ones in the new Humble are worth playing?

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Nice of Activision to chuck some of those previously Battlenet exclusive COD games on Steam.

Now do Diablo.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

returnal just got a patch which is supposed to address both the raytracing and non-raytracing related stuttering issues

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

repiv posted:

returnal just got a patch which is supposed to address both the raytracing and non-raytracing related stuttering issues

Been waiting for this, hopefully it fixes things. Wasn't entirely sure what to expect from the game going in, I thought it might just be a slapped-together launch title meant to show how many particles the PS5 can generate at once. Ended up putting about 30 hours in and getting the secret ending despite it being one of the most busted games I've played in terms of performance on my machine. Not a game I could recommend to everyone but if you enjoy bullet hell roguelikes like Gungeon or BoI I'd suggest giving it a shot.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1633897818061430785

lol come the gently caress on, just get it out and get to work on the next one. There's no saving this one

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

"A showcase of the game was poorly received by fans" ah yeah better give it another couple of months

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I'm getting big Artifact/Diablo Immortal vibes from how they've only just realized that a Batman themed Destiny clone will be poorly received by fans.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

AngryBooch posted:

lol come the gently caress on, just get it out and get to work on the next one. There's no saving this one

they've never heard of sunk cost fallacy, evidently

This'll launch and then they'll spend another 8 years making a follow up after it falls apart

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Gonna change that 1.2% damage to electric bullets to 1.4% damage to electric bullets, that'll solve everything

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Which ones in the new Humble are worth playing?

I think all the ones I had have merit, and I hope y'all do too!

*ontrol Ultimate Edition: 7EV4H-IB*LD-IKQ7X (I got confused around ultimate editions but apparently I had whichever ultimate edition this was)
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=ZE2aCxyrRqttsEnG
C*ll of the Sea: 496*E-EY5FD-NHPKH
Dreamscaper: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=SDwZE6ckYqEvpXEC

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

AngryBooch posted:

lol jesus loving christ.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

I'm looking forward to raising my Gear Score in Rocksteady Studios's Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League(tm) coming out May 26th later this year, pre-order now.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

explosivo posted:

"A showcase of the game was poorly received by fans" ah yeah better give it another couple of months

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1633900563447332875?s=20

Don't know why he included that last sentence on the original tweet if this is the reasoning

LionEyez
Aug 17, 2014

woke kaczynski posted:

I think all the ones I had have merit, and I hope y'all do too!

*ontrol Ultimate Edition: 7EV4H-IB*LD-IKQ7X (I got confused around ultimate editions but apparently I had whichever ultimate edition this was)
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=ZE2aCxyrRqttsEnG
C*ll of the Sea: 496*E-EY5FD-NHPKH
Dreamscaper: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=SDwZE6ckYqEvpXEC

I snagged Dreamscaper as that was really the only one in that bundle I wanted to try (already played Control, excellent game). Thanks friend!

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Overminty posted:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1633900563447332875?s=20

Don't know why he included that last sentence on the original tweet if this is the reasoning

There's literally nothing they can change in anything resembling a normal timeframe to change the perception of the game, it's ridiculous.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It's funny when a game is announced and people learn the basic concept and are immediately like wow that sounds like dogshit and then the devs have to spend another three years trying to polish the turd that nobody wanted in the first place because some executive who probably doesn't even play games saw that some other company made a lot of money making the kind of game when the market wasn't saturated.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

WarEternal posted:

There's literally nothing they can change in anything resembling a normal timeframe to change the perception of the game, it's ridiculous.

Yep, release Suicide Squad, task a skeleton crew to do the 1 year of post launch battle pass support, schedule the "Ending Support of Suicide Squad" Tweet for May 2024, and get the rest of Rocksteady cracking on the next game.

Sick of these studios that should be innovating and perfecting and leading trying to be Destiny 2.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-saga-bundle
Build your own saga bundle:

quote:

The Enchanted Cave 2
Asterix and Obelix XXL: Romastered
Gurumin:A Monstrous Adventurew
Waifu Quest
Mayhem in single Valley
Hordecore!
Encodya
Dark Nights with Poe And Munro
Cardclysm
The Wild Eight
House
Ancient enemy
Rage in peace
Everhood
Windscape
Everybody Wham Wham
3 for $4.99/ 5 $7.99/ 7 for $9.99

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Haven't you heard? Sagas aren't allowed on the forums.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I wouldn't be surprised if most of these GaaS releases do recoup their costs but drat it's kinda grim how they are all canned after a couple years.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Ooo Asterix game! Is this one of the fun ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Enchanted Cave 2 and Gurumin are good games.