Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Jhet posted:

Put one in your storage and never look at it again.

Yea, storage is useless for anything but that specific purpose.

Edit: oh and if anyone has just a few extra mushroom meals, I'm quickly running out trying to maximize gains from the event (same IGN). Not sure if I can mad dash from T130->160, but it just clicked for me that 10% antlers would still max out my inventory, and how important that is for income.

Just hitting the next tower levels means getting 1,300 cider and ap, so grinding hard...

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
And storing your early Large Nets/Arnold Palmers until you can get a good income of those.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Can anyone send Shrimp-a-plenty, mushroom stew, sea pincher special to Farmhausen?

Only if you have them to spare, I don't really have much to trade yet

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Barreft posted:

Can anyone send Shrimp-a-plenty, mushroom stew, sea pincher special to Farmhausen?

Only if you have them to spare, I don't really have much to trade yet

Sent you 25 of each!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ruggan posted:

Sent you 25 of each!

Got them. Thanks so much.

e: I was gonna send you 5gold til I saw you're on Tower 199 lol

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Yeah, never feel bad for asking for things. For almost anything that can be mailed, a lot of us have functionally unlimited amounts at this point.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

rafikki posted:

Yeah, never feel bad for asking for things. For almost anything that can be mailed, a lot of us have functionally unlimited amounts at this point.

Well trading gold for AP/LN. prices are so drat high for AP on trade

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Barreft posted:

Well trading gold for AP/LN. prices are so drat high for AP on trade

Hmmm, maybe I should try to unload some AP so I can finally turn this in then

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

rafikki posted:

I know you're joking, but it's 1k AP for 100gold, and fuuuuck that lol even if it is worth it.

Still a newb so not complaining, can live without AP but never know until you ask

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

rafikki posted:

Thank you!

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

anything at borgens today thats worthwhile?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

selan dyin posted:

anything at borgens today thats worthwhile?

Herbs, a quick look at buddy.farm shows the total required for all requests is 6175 and they’re a pain to farm.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I would take some event related meals if anyone has some to spare, bonus points if there is an exploring exp related meal... (Not sure if that's even a thing)

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs
This was so hilariously ridiculous

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I wouldn't mind a tower artifact to expand storehouse size by 5x or 10x. As it is it's not even useful enough to keep a spare set of cooking ingredients for some recipes, especially with 6-7 ovens and how some recipes need hundreds of some ingredients for just one. Or we could have a new building, the pantry, which acts like the storehouse but the items in it are available for use in cooking (but protected from crafting/selling otherwise). And it would have item caps sensible for mid-/end-game cooking.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
A building for producing mushrooms would be nice, one for bottles would be great too.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Speaking of, I now need to ask what to look for in an RFC fighter. Do I want high attack? Or just a poo poo ton of swords? And how often should I juice 'em?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

it doesn't matter they slowly gain stats by fighting, just shove any three in there

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
As far as I can tell, it's just a soap generation engine; there's no major strategy to it, and once you've hit high tiers some of winning is random and some is "how many skillups/raptor claws has this particular raptor absorbed."

So don't spend peach juice, gold feathers or corn on them unless you're really invested in one's won-loss record, and you probably shouldn't be. I'll make a pile of sturdy swords/shields and put maybe 100 of each on my current fighters, check back once in a while to see if they've used them up, and if everyone's beaten up I might use grape juice to kickstart 'em but I don't make a habit of it.

My highest so far is in the Hotdog League, 5127-2290 overall.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I gaining more grape juice day than I can do anything with so I hit them as I wander past but overall don't overthink it. Don't waste gold feathers short of voiding them.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I've been grinding cooking with grape pies and this has been consuming most of my vineyard production, especially with all the new GJ perks I'm having a hard time keeping up. I still have 5k in the bank so I'm not worried in the short term but eventually it's going to get worn down unless I either increase vineyard production or finish baking pies (assuming there will be something new for level 70 cooking).

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've been thinking about the RFC mechanics, but not bothered to try out my theory yet.

They get soap solely based on wins, not current rank. And as they level up, they increase in rank and compete against other raptors from players with presumably more resources to throw at their own raptors. That makes my raptors less likely to win, and therefore they generate less soap/day.

Should I periodically pull out my raptors and start over with new ones, giving them a bunch of items each, boosting their stats to rack up a lot of wins? I guess that only works until I run out of new raptors...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

NFX posted:

Should I periodically pull out my raptors and start over with new ones, giving them a bunch of items each, boosting their stats to rack up a lot of wins? I guess that only works until I run out of new raptors...

Yeah this is a strat I’ve read about and it sounds correct

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

NFX posted:

I've been thinking about the RFC mechanics, but not bothered to try out my theory yet.

They get soap solely based on wins, not current rank. And as they level up, they increase in rank and compete against other raptors from players with presumably more resources to throw at their own raptors. That makes my raptors less likely to win, and therefore they generate less soap/day.

Yeah, this will work until you run out of raptors. The better question is, why? Soap rewards aren’t that great anyway.

There are a few systems that could use an overhaul or outright removal. I count RFC among them.

See also:
- wine cellar, completely ignorable
- bank, also completely ignorable
- ironworks, never worth upgrading
- animal farming in general, tedious and basically not worth doing except when you need bacon
- charters/expeditions, a gold sink that is never worth paying for

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Anyone care to spoil what House of Cards is gonna do?

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I got the Fishing Addict 3 merit badge. Caught over 80,000 fish since the start of this event, to the detriment of my actual life. Goon-supplied Cats Meow is my crack.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

NFX posted:

It works to juice your soap production in the short term, but since all raptors inevitably hit an equilibrium with their stats it doesn't really make a big difference long term - I swapped my lowest powered raptor out this month because I'd spent all my soap and want to buy the time-limited feather but I have no idea if the replacement's stats will be as good as the one I swapped out in the long run.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Lava Spheres are the extra 10% from the market today.

Kind of nice that it's happened twice in as many months. Really helps me, but probably not people who are deep into the tower.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Ruggan posted:

Yeah, this will work until you run out of raptors. The better question is, why? Soap rewards aren’t that great anyway.

There are a few systems that could use an overhaul or outright removal. I count RFC among them.

See also:
- wine cellar, completely ignorable
- bank, also completely ignorable
- ironworks, never worth upgrading
- animal farming in general, tedious and basically not worth doing except when you need bacon
- charters/expeditions, a gold sink that is never worth paying for

You can throw in like half of the other links in town too:
-Flea market, useless outside of a few quests where it's required. None of the items are even remotely worth the gold cost. Sacks of gold are only there because the mailbox system presumably only works with actual items but that's solely a technical limitation.
-Steak market, outside of the few quests it's required for. Early game you're not going to have enough inventory space to make any significant money speculating on steak prices, and late game the money you make isn't significant to you anymore. And just adds a daily chore to sell your kabobs (for what, at that point in the game, is again not much money) if you have raptors.
-The other things which at this point are just purely activity checks once you surpass the quests they're needed for: well, exchange center.
-A bunch of things that don't really need to be their own menu in town due to other (generally easier) features/access methods? Country store, community center, pet shop, arguably post office and locksmith too.

Not to mention the mess of what and how you access buildings via your farm/workshop/kitchen.

I would love to see them take a step back on new features for a month or two to just clean up everything that's resulted from a year of feature creep, which IMO would also help with implementing future features. Compress or mark for rework redundant features and, starting from the homepage, recategorize everything into a structure that makes more sense.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Jhet posted:

Kind of nice that it's happened twice in as many months. Really helps me, but probably not people who are deep into the tower.

The two sphere sales got me the last jump to the 100bn farm row. I blew through all my large nets and still needed like 30bn.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

NFX posted:

You should replace them periodically to get more soap per day. Not because the win ratio changes considerably, but because the recovery time is considerably faster when the raptor is lower level.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Unponderable posted:

You should replace them periodically to get more soap per day. Not because the win ratio changes considerably, but because the recovery time is considerably faster when the raptor is lower level.

Raptors 1-3 for life

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I did a 5 gold expedition because it gives you a 10 gold reward for your first one and holy cow what a pointless thing. I've gotten like 2 arnold palmers worth of stuff out of it. Why would anyone use this?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Jhet posted:

It does make sense, I sold all my lava spheres yesterday.

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009
Holy poo poo you guys! Hobojim just sat there with me for almost a whole episode of Taskmaster dumping grapes--over 5000!--on me! This community is pretty wonderful. I probably have enough that my pets can carry me.

edit: thanks HoboJim--I named my second raptor after you!

Duckbar has entered the game! Thanks! 33%--A raptor has been named in your honor. I had to retire him to rename him, but his was not meant to be a life of fighting

tgacon fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 10, 2023

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Gold Fliers are a huge pain in the rear end, drat

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jhet posted:

lol I just hit T146 and this was a bit of a help along the way. Need 1400 AK until I get the second antler drop. So close, yet so far...

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 10, 2023

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Xerol posted:

-A bunch of things that don't really need to be their own menu in town due to other (generally easier) features/access methods? Country store, community center, pet shop, arguably post office and locksmith too.

but wait, now we have menus for quizzes and mazes and soon cards?

you know what would be actually useful? a filter to sort your masteries by %-any-player mastered, it would make it dead simple to find any easy masteries you're missing out on.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Atoramos posted:

but wait, now we have menus for quizzes and mazes and soon cards?

you know what would be actually useful? a filter to sort your masteries by %-any-player mastered, it would make it dead simple to find any easy masteries you're missing out on.

Agreed with all the above. Not sure if you’ve seen it but buried like three menus deep are the world stats where you can at least see the top 20 or so items mastered and grand mastered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Anyone got some Cat's Meow I can get? I don't need a ton but I can't not work on the merit badge while the extra hooks are available. IGN: bbcisdabomb

Barreft posted:

Gold Fliers are a huge pain in the rear end, drat

100% agreed. I'm going to try to stock up while the getting's good. I think I got most of mine for ATI1 out of Grab Bag 7's, so maybe try that?