Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Turtle fell down went boom

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1633695492323377152?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Figured out which turtle needs to get flipped over for me to fail the Voight-Kampf test.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Don't worry they'll have someone even more cravenly ghoulish and also likely unhinged waiting in the wings.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dan crenshaw will be there to give him a socket job and turn him upright.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Don't worry they'll have someone even more cravenly ghoulish and also likely unhinged waiting in the wings.

If he dies, Kentucky has a Democratic governor, so we might get a few years of a D senator from Kentucky.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

If he dies, Kentucky has a Democratic governor, so we might get a few years of a D senator from Kentucky.

He's gonna be fine I'm sure, but if there are any pending laws before the senate you want to get a vote on now would seem to be the time? (I do not know if there are any of these laws sitting there waiting)

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Grittybeard posted:

He's gonna be fine I'm sure, but if there are any pending laws before the senate you want to get a vote on now would seem to be the time? (I do not know if there are any of these laws sitting there waiting)

His absence means nothing in the Senate, barring anything he would personally filibuster. Dems hold a 1 seat advantage, and there is no difference between 51 and 59 votes (except you dont have to account for fuckwits Sinema or Manchin).

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Certainly not anyone famous (probably) but I got home from work on Tuesday and turned on the TV which was on the news showing how I had just missed two dudes racing down the street firing shots off at each other until one of them loving smoked the back of a city bus like a mile away from my work on my usual route home :great:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’ve been doing puzzles lately because they’re cool shut up yes they are no you

I’ve had people helping me at points and when trying to describe what piece you’re looking for can be tough but did you know that puzzle pieces have names because of course they do

https://puzzlingcut.com/what-is-the-correct-naming-for-each-jigsaw-puzzle-piece/

quote:

4 tabs Square

3 tabs Double ears; up crown; down crown; right crown; left crown

Side by side tabs Edge; quarter to; quarter past; 9 o’clock; 3 o’clock

Opposing tabs 6 o’clock; regular

1 tab Edge; uppie; downnie; leftie; rightie; double wings

0 tabs Noner

Noner is pronounced like Boner and you can’t tell me different

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

(except you dont have to account for fuckwits Sinema or Manchin).

Yeah this part was what I was thinking of if there's anything waiting that can't be filibustered. But unless there's a slew of judges or something waiting on confirmation I guess there's probably not a lot out there.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Aren’t Manchin and Sinema the two Dems who were against the fillibuster? Unless it is a thing where more are against it but are using them as a cover

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’ve had people helping me at points and when trying to describe what piece you’re looking for can be tough but did you know that puzzle pieces have names because of course they do

https://puzzlingcut.com/what-is-the-correct-naming-for-each-jigsaw-puzzle-piece/

This puzzle talk is giving me such a noner

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Its Rinaldo posted:

My 6th grade teacher's sister dated him for a while in the early 90s. Crazy.

Welp that's my Shawn Kemp story.

A couple of years ago when I played in a local Seattle flag football team, we once played a team that Shawn Kemp played on. I normally rushed the QB, and he played QB. He basically just moved the ball around like it was a basketball. He took time to sign memorabilia. He's... gained a lot of weight. That said, all of his teammates were massive assholes that bowled over people when it's supposed to be a non contact league.

Anyway that's my Shawn Kemp story.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Joey Freshwater posted:

This is like finding out that McNuggets have named shapes

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

I was upset for a moment until I saw the tweet.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

This is like finding out that McNuggets have named shapes

Boot supremacy.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m sure it’s been posted before but god drat I love this video

https://twitter.com/vidsthatgohard/status/1633590262781054976?s=46&t=eGtKhFFooZWFwCmcVJDt3Q

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/jstein_wapo/status/1633880245936717867?s=46

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

T-Square posted:

Certainly not anyone famous (probably) but I got home from work on Tuesday and turned on the TV which was on the news showing how I had just missed two dudes racing down the street firing shots off at each other until one of them loving smoked the back of a city bus like a mile away from my work on my usual route home :great:

:911: :america:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I was watching a guy who shot three cops holed up in a building yesterday. I didn't catch the ending but I"m sure the SWAT team brought him in alive and unharmed.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

This is my next-door neighbor any time I park in front of her house.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I love looking at O linemen when they retire, its always jarring and hilarious and horrifying

https://twitter.com/Marcel_LJ/status/1633869435089076225?t=KakIBAS4wNNz5yiZPXP_4w&s=19

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

There is nothing more devastating than a well timed “ya motha” in that accent

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

I love looking at O linemen when they retire, its always jarring and hilarious and horrifying

https://twitter.com/Marcel_LJ/status/1633869435089076225?t=KakIBAS4wNNz5yiZPXP_4w&s=19

What’s going on with the top of his head? Is that lighting or hair or tattoos or what?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

it looks like a failed hair replacement surgery covered up by tattoos

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Burn marks from the Free Hernandez hat

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
How do they get Marlan Wayans to host the daily show permanently? Is that possible?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Forgot my lunch at home so I ordered some mushroom soup from this place for pickup.

When I walked in it was already bagged & had my name on it, so I grabbed it and went back to work.

Upon getting to work I discovered my soup is frozen solid.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Forgot my lunch at home so I ordered some mushroom soup from this place for pickup.

When I walked in it was already bagged & had my name on it, so I grabbed it and went back to work.

Upon getting to work I discovered my soup is frozen solid.

lol well I guess that's truth in naming then! It's stone cold rock hard soup

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Its that time of year, the yellow cap coke is out!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

How do they get Marlan Wayans to host the daily show permanently? Is that possible?

I take it he’s good? I haven’t watched any of the guest hosts.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

There is nothing more devastating than a well timed “ya motha” in that accent

I love the deadpan “it doesn’t work like that” that just flattens her to the point she has no response but to call him names.

But then yeah the “ya motha” off the top rope was beautiful

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Wicked film looks incredible

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Wicked like the musical?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Freaquency posted:

I take it he’s good? I haven’t watched any of the guest hosts.

My wife watches the show sometimes and she convinced me to actually sit and watch a few recent guest host episodes. The ones hosted by Wanda Sykes were excellent and she's my favorite by far. I saw a couple by DL Hughley, who didn't come off well I think. She says the Leslie Jones ones were great but I missed them. I saw a couple with Chelsea Handler and she basically tried to make it her old show, complete with inviting her friends to a round table to gossip about celebs, which sucked. I haven't seen any of Sarah Silverman yet.

I'd be delighted if the daily show had someone at the helm who was both genuinely funny, and actually interested in and engaged with the political/news cycle.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Wicked like the musical?

Like the two upcoming films I just saw production presentations on. i can't speak for the story but the production is like, Harry Potter level immense.

They planted 7 million tulips. It's all real sets. I think that's about as much as I can say other than wow.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

kiimo posted:

Like the two upcoming films I just saw production presentations on. i can't speak for the story but the production is like, Harry Potter level immense.

They planted 7 million tulips. It's all real sets. I think that's about as much as I can say other than wow.

But the story is the same as the musical, yeah? Frenemy focused prequel to the Wizard of Oz? Not sure the world's finest set design could polish that turd.

Nice they're planting flowed though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yes. Expanded. The cast is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Told our folks that we’re going to Mexico next month right before the news stories about the kidnapping near Brownsville so naturally everyone is being very calm and levelheaded right now :shepicide: