Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

carry on then posted:

oh god what are they embedding in ban reasons now

A 7MB gif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

astral posted:

A 7MB gif.

You monsters

astral
Apr 26, 2004

That's on the IK that did it.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

astral posted:

That's on the IK that did it.

You could rename it to [56k no]Lepers Colony

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Admittedly being a baby, but is there any energy going towards fixing the performance of the beta? It’s not bad enough to go back to the App Store version (yet) but a bit of a bugger.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It’s part of the charm.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

pasting in a url doesn’t work for me. on latest beta. it says that it does get the url but then it just doesn’t go to the thread. it’s in the archives if that matters

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Normal app icon except instead of 5 gold bars it’s a light blue one, a light pink one, a white one, a light pink one, and a light blue one

I want it to match my Apollo icon in my dock

i want every icon to show trans pride

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Hey, I'm a recent convert from android. One thing I miss is being able to swipe back to bookmarks from the middle of the screen.

Is there any plans to add that as a feature? If not, I can live without it.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

SystemLogoff posted:

Hey, I'm a recent convert from android. One thing I miss is being able to swipe back to bookmarks from the middle of the screen.

you can do it from the edge of the screen, if you hadn't found that

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

`Nemesis posted:

you can do it from the edge of the screen, if you hadn't found that

Yeah, I've found it. It's just handy to be able to swipe back when holding my phone in my right hand as well.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SystemLogoff posted:

I’ve brought it up before as well but there hasn’t been any movement on it. I feel your pain though

The funny thing is if you are on the iPad you can swipe from the middle lol.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

should let me post with my sig imo

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
The app just logged me out for the first time in ages. Any idea why? Don't think it updated recently.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Slanderer posted:

The app just logged me out for the first time in ages. Any idea why? Don't think it updated recently.

The cookie just expires after a certain amount of time

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

101 posted:

1 year expiry on the cookie afaik

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

101 posted:

`Nemesis posted:

1 year expiry on the cookie afaik

Gotcha, thanks. I saw the last update was 11 months ago, so I bet it was just wiped last time I updated the app a year ago.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

something also just logged me out and reset all my app settings and I haven't yet been in the apple ecosystem for a year

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

shame on an IGA posted:

something also just logged me out and reset all my app settings and I haven't yet been in the apple ecosystem for a year

Think it’s just an SA thing, not from the OS

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

After a year your cookie expires and you'll have to log in again, but I don't think the app's settings should reset when that happens.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
the cookie expiration is set by the forums, not the app

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

spankmeister posted:

After a year your cookie expires and you'll have to log in again, but I don't think the app's settings should reset when that happens.

yah, but the iOS app (and I guess the android app too?) stores them together. I'm fairly certain it's on the list of things to adjust.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Is there a way we can keep our bookmark from updating if we click on a post from the leper's colony? I think the forums themselves don't do this on browser, but the app definitely still does it

Edit: well maybe it got added to the beta version but I got tired of the performance issues in threads with heavy embedding and having to renew it every x days

When are things going to update on the live branch btw??

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Not soon, I hope, because the performance bugs haven’t been backed out AFAICT.

commie kong
Mar 7, 2019

All the performance issues have been resolved on the main branch for some time. Not sure when it will move beyond that to TestFlight tho. I've been asking :shrug:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Oh nice! I’m excited!

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Hey is there a separate thread for the Android app? This is the only one I'm able to find, and the app suddenly became unusable on my phone.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Hey is there a separate thread for the Android app? This is the only one I'm able to find, and the app suddenly became unusable on my phone.
Did you try scrolling down? Here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571717

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

TestFlight is going to expire in 2 days, just thought I'd mention this :)

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 17, 2023

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
It's dead, Jim

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That weird moment when you reinstall and see the non OLED themes.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I’m now using the App Store version like some kind of animal.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

withak posted:

I’m now using the App Store version like some kind of animal.

I only realized yesterday I never put the TestFlight app on my 14 and I’ve been using the poors version like some shmuck so I changed it.

I got it enjoy just 10 hours of end of thread frog before it was cruelly pulled away.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
I've been hearing everyone in this thread whining about all the problems with the beta app so much that I've felt better just sitting pretty with the app store version. Works fine for me!

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I've been hearing everyone in this thread whining about all the problems with the beta app so much that I've felt better just sitting pretty with the app store version. Works fine for me!

You were better off, the beta was unusable in its state.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

that's for poors like a schmuck

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

You were better off, the beta was unusable in its state.

Worked on my machine just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Crime on a Dime posted:

that's for poors like a schmuck

Don’t sign your posts