Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

How tall is that guy

He looks especially enormous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

How tall is that guy

He looks especially enormous

7'3.5

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_John_Ramos

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

7'3 (it's this guy)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Being tall in Puerto Rico has to suck. I’d be miserable too if my forehead had a permanent lintel stamp

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you want to see what might be the worst half hour in wrestling TV since Russo's TNA peak watch the first half hour of NWA Powerrrrrrrr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI1yedgqi_4

You get:
Murdoch vs Beast Mode
An EC3 match (not very good but the best thing in the first half)
A terrible interview about equality with some guy and Madusa
And Gaagz the Gimp vs Sal the Pal in a Mask vs Hair match.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

If you want to see what might be the worst half hour in wrestling TV since Russo's TNA peak watch the first half hour of NWA Powerrrrrrrr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI1yedgqi_4

You get:
Murdoch vs Beast Mode
An EC3 match (not very good but the best thing in the first half)
A terrible interview about equality with some guy and Madusa
And Gaagz the Gimp vs Sal the Pal in a Mask vs Hair match.

I've never seen Madusa as a brunette before, so at least there was a first.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What the hell is going on with EC3’s stomach? There’s the roid gut, and some further weirdness going on, like he’s caught a broadcast of videodrome and now people are shoving vhs tapes into him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Beast Mode got me to dive in a little deeper on recent NWA and it's so bad. Most matches are like 3 minutes long and main events are just stalling and about 3-5 minutes themselves. The backstage interviewer is really bad, Velvet Sky is awful as an announcer and there are skits like this which are just must see bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vey5PVAiepE&t=1306s

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Please watch 30 seconds of this video starting at this timestamp so you can witness Blake Troop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-6mM8PkbH4&t=672s

This show also features a Wrecking Ball vs Bobby Fulton unsanctioned match that goes to a no contest after one punch and 3 run ins.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wow the bottom really fell out when Aldis left.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The hand grenade on the chain. Sell those, Billy Pumpkins, you coward.

Man, Velvet is dire on commentary.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

edogawa rando posted:

What the hell is going on with EC3’s stomach? There’s the roid gut, and some further weirdness going on, like he’s caught a broadcast of videodrome and now people are shoving vhs tapes into him.

It’s called palumboism

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I recently learned that Murphy of TNA's Gunner and Murphy fame, who i had assumed just fell off the face of the earth after that brief stint in TNA, is currently in NWA in James Mitchell's stable alongside Sal the Pal and Gaagz the Gymp where his name is Mikael Judas

he's nearly 50 years old

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Pinche Rudo posted:

It’s called palumboism

Did Palumbo also have a weird slit above his belly button too?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

edogawa rando posted:

Did Palumbo also have a weird slit above his belly button too?

That’s where Krang rides

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

That’s where Krang rides

"Sandersssssss where is my robot body?!"

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

coconono posted:

wow the bottom really fell out when Aldis left.

imagine going back in time to 2020 and telling someone that Magnus would be the glue holding the NWA together

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Current NWA makes me feel like I'm watching a promotion where people are actively discouraged from making noise.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It felt like the kind of wrestling Joe Rogan would have on his podcast

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Good news folks, Kevin Kiley is back and has a promo on Powerrrrrrrrrr.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Unless Kevin Owens shows up to stomp him out I’m not gonna watch that

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

MassRafTer posted:

Good news folks, Kevin Kiley is back and has a promo on Powerrrrrrrrrr.

Does he sound like he's on the verge of shooting up a women's college again?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lumbermouth posted:

Does he sound like he's on the verge of shooting up a women's college again?

No, I would say I did not think he was on the verge of doing anything like that. He did sound like he's on the verge of a comeback though!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Unless Kevin Owens shows up to stomp him out I’m not gonna watch that

The NWA has no place for him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Thankful the upcoming NWA PPV means we get lots of Billy Corgan interviews.

quote:

“Quote me on this in ten years. I think wrestling's biggest days are still ahead. As big as the NWA was, Vince made it bigger. People look at that and say, ‘Wow, that was massive.’ Yes, of course, WWE’s massive. But compared to UFC, compared to the NWA, there’s still room for growth. That’s why people are out looking at the WWE on the open market for sale because people realize there’s growth to go," Corgan said.

Co-host Andrew Zarian noted one wouldn’t want to invest in the wrestling industry if was seemingly flat, and Corgan noted that it was when he bought the NWA in 2017. He stated that the business is booming now, and there's a genuine opportunity for growth. Corgan shared his belief that wrestling's best days are ahead of it, and he referenced some of the ways that the business is changing.

“It was flat when I bought [NWA] five years ago, and now I get business people sending me stuff all the time, saying they can’t believe some of these earning reports they see from WWE, and I always write them back saying, ‘I told you, I’m not insane. This is not some kind of weird hobby. There’s a growth vector here.’ So what I would say to people in the [wrestling bubble] is stay focused on the fact that wrestling’s best days as a business, if you love the business, you love the performers, the best days are ahead of it. You see tension there with brand. The story with Sasha [Banks], leaving WWE and being on The Mandalorian, I mean, you see the rise of individual brands. Brock Lesnar of course left, went to UFC, became a bigger brand, and he raised his value, and works a part-time schedule for Vince, where 20 years ago they wouldn’t have allowed that. Those are small signs of what’s coming, and that includes Jake Paul coming in and stuff like that, or Bad Bunny," Corgan said.

The NWA President went on to state that the opportunity for wrestling to reach a larger platform on a global scale is unprecedented. He named social media as an important factor in that potential. Corgan also noted that he personal believes that the NWA can rise to a level that is even greater than the promotion of the past.

"The opportunity of wrestling to grow to an even bigger global platform and a larger global audience is unprecedented, and digital is very much a part of that, social media is a part of that. So stay focused on that. While you want to get into every little turf conversation, or you don’t understand why Billy’s over here in the corner doing what he’s doing, understand that my personal faith and my investment in it is I believe that the NWA can rise up to a level that is even greater than the NWA before. Now if you look at what I’m doing now, you’re gonna say he’s totally insane. But that’s what they said about my band and my musical life, and here I am, 35 years later, still going. So that’s how I feel about it, and I think there’s plenty of empirical that suggests that everything is still trending upwards," Corgan said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcXMy-9XIWk

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Do business people ask Billy Corgan to send them NWA earnings reports?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sticky Nate posted:

Do business people ask Billy Corgan to send them NWA earnings reports?

No just WWE.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

why would the wwe want the nwas business records?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Suplex Liberace posted:

why would the wwe want the nwas business records?

To laugh at them.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The World is a Vampire Festival started airing on Space tonight, it should be up on the Luchablog drive at some point.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1639805450588762114

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I have watched the half of The World is a Vampire that aired and it's merely boring bad as the Americans all gassed out due to the elevation and the matches feature a lot of stalling and awkward offense. Hoping we get to see Tyrus vs Daga next week!

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
La Rosa Negra deserves better. Most of the women in NWA do. I saw Kamille once, and while she was boring (which could have been Allie Katch's fault) she managed to work the crowd pretty well. These kids sitting in front of us paid no attention all night but they absolutely hated her and were crazily cheering against her.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NVhowlingWolves/status/1640847589716398082

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Why is the gimp interviewing her

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is there some reason WWE hasn't gone after Kamille? She seems made for them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

They already have Charlotte and several Charlotte placeholders so they’re booked up.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

syzpid posted:

La Rosa Negra deserves better. Most of the women in NWA do. I saw Kamille once, and while she was boring (which could have been Allie Katch's fault) she managed to work the crowd pretty well. These kids sitting in front of us paid no attention all night but they absolutely hated her and were crazily cheering against her.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NVhowlingWolves/status/1640847589716398082

La Rosa Negra and Kamille is the only match with any sort of interest going into that show so it was very fitting watching that show and seeing them just ruin everything with that interview.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kamille had an excellent match with Leyla Hirsch a long while back. For such a titan to have a great match with a tiny MMA scrapper I thought they both did great. Kamille just really is stuck in a poo poo organization

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The masked interviewer, he an attempt to have their own Excalibur?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The masked interviewer, he an attempt to have their own Excalibur?

No, he's a comedy BDSM character.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you were a match what match would you be?

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1641589705258029056

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

gosh I can't wait for a bout between domestic violence enthusiasts.