Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please

forums poster

I love to chuck a sickie

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

should have called out every day lmao

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

this is how my day is going

same, silicone.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

From what I'm hearing I'm pretty sure it's end of days for the last two lovely companies I worked for and I'm all about watching them slowly topple and burn!

Guy who tried to blackball me lost his only full time brewer at the beginning on the year after he quit. And he quit after 3 or 4 people left at around the same time last year. It's now apparently all just part timers. On top of that the reason people left was apparently the owner started rushing production and packaging beer before it was ready in order to be able to clear tanks in order to fill them with contract beers. I haven't had a good beer from them since I left (never paid for one) but apparently quality really fell off. The only people buying it now are doing so for the labels. Not to bash anyone who worked there (I have nothing against them and get along with the people who were there that I knew) but basically they never hired anyone with professional experience after I left. The people immediately after me were sent to another brewery to train for a month. So now they have nobody with packaging experience while still doing huge canning runs. The owner even tried to offer 100k yen for recipes provided that the person submitting it brewed it. I saw one beer come out of that and he labeled it as a collaboration. So if anyone in a brewery who wanted some cash on the side was considering that I'm sure it scared them off. I think they also WAY over expanded. Not only did they increase from a 500 liter brewhouse to 2k liter brewhouse and tanks, the owner now has 7 pubs he runs and they tried expanding into cider as well. It's apparently not good.

I talk about this with people not in the industry, and even some in it, and I don't think people realize how catastrophically bad that is. It's like if a restaurant with an owner who doesn't really understand cooking lost their head chef and the rest of the full time kitchen staff, and the owner is now trying to run the kitchen with a rotating part time staff. On top of that this restaurant has a couple of large locations with ample seating in high traffic areas with high rent and the owner has decided to focus more on catering while keeping these locations open. Also the reviews are bad so the daily sales are dwindling. That's basically the situation.
:sickos:

That God awful mess I left after 4 months also went from a 600 liter batch brewhouse to a 2k liter brewhouse...with 4 unitanks. I don't think anyone working there has experience either. Apparently they broke a pump on the new brewhouse recently. Lol. Truly an amazing time for schadenfreude.

I will have the double breakfast baconator with a mocha blasted frostee plz.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

more falafel please posted:

I love to chuck a sickie

Friggign hard same tbh

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Some days it's like my job is taunting me. Guy in the next cube had a phone conference about some lift jacks at a project site. I had to listen for an hour while they discussed jacking on Bush Island. Seriously. When can we start jacking? Will this be too much jacking? Is all this jacking slowing us down? No, we need to spread it all over Bush Island. I almost lost it when he mentioned a report, complaining that he had to go through it by hand. This was even worse than the dam inspector convention.

Ass-penny

I asked where I could dispose of used solvents and the shop manager made two jokes about putting it down the drain before saying he would get a five gallon bucket for that and bring it to a nearby disposal place. lol not sure if I'm going to stick this out yet.

Chewbecca

After giving it a lot of thought, I have decided work is a gently caress. I am, of course, open to questions

Escape From Noise

Chewbecca posted:

After giving it a lot of thought, I have decided work is a gently caress. I am, of course, open to questions

HOW hosed IS IT?

Escape From Noise

It was bad enough when the smoothie sour craze hit here with exploding cans of unpasteurized and unfiltered fruit goop, but now some places without canning are bottling that poo poo. Someone is absolutely going to get seriously injured or worse and craft breweries as a whole will have to pay. This loving industry sometimes...

Smoothie sours destroying the industry would be pretty funny tho.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Mar 10, 2023

Chewbecca

Escape From Noise posted:

HOW hosed IS IT?

This is a thoughtful and insightful question. Thank you for being brave enough to ask it.

I have pondered your question and upon reflection the answer is it's turbo hosed lmao

Ass-penny

when your most right leaning coworker tells you you're a good dude

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/99e5c79b-dc8a-4aec-9401-8fd5296b8768

Ass-penny

considering calling my bosses white devils to their faces, just to see how they react.

Escape From Noise

loving hell. I was gonna brew the Vienna lager tomorrow but just as I was going to mill the malt I realized that I didn't get enough malt. Arrgggg

Escape From Noise

Just realized that it's been nearly a month since I kegged the imperial stout and it's still not on the taplist. Neither is the grisette I kegged Thursday or the wit I kegged Friday. I don't nearly have enough kegs and the flow keeps getting impeded because nobody is putting them on the menu. The imperial stout was already kegged pretty late and now it's early spring and it's still not being sold. What the gently caress. Grisette and wit have limited shelf life and are best fresh but I guess we'll just let them rot in the cold room forever or whatever.

Ass-penny

I've been here for a month and change and I'm weary of everyone's bullshit. Seriously considering walking Monday morning moods.

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

I've been here for a month and change and I'm weary of everyone's bullshit. Seriously considering walking Monday morning moods.

Sorry to hear that. Sorry if I pushed you towards something you weren't into.

Ass-penny

Sorry to hear that. Sorry if I pushed you towards something you weren't into.

nah yo, it's not you. everyone in my life urged me to leave the food industry and get back into prop poo poo. honestly the people aren't that bad, but one guy was coming at me with this, "why is this a fraction of an inch off? just make the poo poo line up" when the poo poo is silicone (which is very floppy) and he knows the registration keys in our molds are not fantastic. now I'm training in another employee on prepping and pouring molds? it's weird. also jobs suck, and even at my happiest at a job I'm still not that into it because my dream will never be to labor and be underpaid and make someone else who already has more money than I do even more loving money.

Ass-penny

sorry your job is never going to try and sell the beer you made

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

nah yo, it's not you. everyone in my life urged me to leave the food industry and get back into prop poo poo. honestly the people aren't that bad, but one guy was coming at me with this, "why is this a fraction of an inch off? just make the poo poo line up" when the poo poo is silicone (which is very floppy) and he knows the registration keys in our molds are not fantastic. now I'm training in another employee on prepping and pouring molds? it's weird. also jobs suck, and even at my happiest at a job I'm still not that into it because my dream will never be to labor and be underpaid and make someone else who already has more money than I do even more loving money.

Nah. I get it. I just feel weird being part of that symphony of voices but I have my own experiences. But yeah. loving jobs. It's always fuckin something.

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

sorry your job is never going to try and sell the beer you made

Lol. It could be worse. At least they let me do a lot of what I want. I probably just care about this poo poo too much. Which is dumb. Like this is probably as good as it can realistically get. Just the restaurant manager drives me insane sometimes. It's just a million little things and I need to let go. Whatever. Hopefully I can get my own place off the ground eventually.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
ugh, gently caress a job

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Sorry work sux, friends. Sad to hear that the new place is wack AP.

I did my morning ritual of laying around for 10 minutes while debating calling out, was feeling it especially hard today.

Ass-penny

Sarah Cenia posted:

ugh, gently caress a job

to add to this, gently caress A DANG JOB

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
uuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhh

She hasn't even turned in her notice yet and the drama has begun. Apparently lady-coworker had a conversation with our direct boss before she got the new job offer where she flat out told her that she's not making enough money here and was told once again that we don't have room in the budget for a raise. Since then, our direct boss has been acting like the conversation never happened and the owner has been just straight up avoiding her.

This would only be mildly annoying (and frankly par for the course as far as the owner taking any implication that someone might not want to work here as a personal insult) except for the fact that our dude-coworker turned in his 2 week notice a week ago and they've already thrown him a going-away party. Lady-coworker and dude-coworker are both the managers of their departments. Lady-coworker has been here 12 years, dude-coworker has been here 8 years. I wasn't here for the going away party, but apparently they were super complimentary of dude-coworker, talking about how much he will be missed, etc. He got a bottle of gin and a suitcase (apparently he's taking the new job because it has opportunities for international travel) and there was even a slide show with pictures from company events over the last 8 years that he's been here.

According to lady-coworker, during this whole extended love-fest, the owner took pains to not even make eye contact with her, let alone speak to her.

God, I wish any of this was actually surprising. Based on what I've seen over the years, the only way to leave this place on good terms with the owner and VPs is to let them know that you've already accepted another job that both requires you to move far away and leave the industry we work in. Attempts to negotiate or indicate that your current salary is not sustainable are met with anger and petty snubbing. You either get an over the top going away party, or you just vanish and your desk gets packed up by someone else so the bosses don't even have to look at you. There is no in between. Lady-coworker does so drat much around here and I'm really, really not looking forward to trying to frantically fill in the gaps when she is suddenly and unceremoniously wiped from our collective memory, never to be mentioned in the presence of the bosses again.

Escape From Noise

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Escape From Noise

How does the loving restaurant manager remember to loving BREATHE??? I swear to loving God! I try to let it go but like every other day it's something else. I asked about ordering a key ingredient from outside my current suppliers a loving month ahead if time, pestering him every week only to find out two days before the scheduled brew day that I guess it isn't possible for some loving reason! THIS IS WHY I GAVE A MONTH OF LEAD TIME! If it wasn't going to be possible and you'd have put in the ten minutes of work it apparently took today several weeks ago I could have easily changed my plans! But, no! Let's wait until all of the other supplies have been ordered to suddenly let me know! Bonus points for being completely ornery about it when I ask next time to let me know if something isn't possible a little bit earlier than two days before! Really love the bringing up random mistakes I've made as a defense! I loving get mistakes happen but I've been asking about this pretty much weekly and it's every loving time with this bullshit! I'm very low on kegs and have no cold room space but hey, what's wrong with waiting an entire month after kegging to list the imperial stout on the menu? Hey, take your time with those low alcohol beers I kegged last week! Not like they have a limited shelf life or anything! Don't worry! I guess I'll just be here wiping your loving rear end because you can't seem to fit biweekly tap cleaning into your very busy schedule! FUUUUUUUCK!

Chewbecca

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Escape From Noise

Escape From Noise

Sorry.. it's... it's been a day.

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.

It's like you're reading my mind!

more falafel please

forums poster

i'm rolling off my current project with the client i've been working with for 3 years now. my replacement was supposed to start two weeks ago but he's been waiting for access/hardware client-side, so he hasn't onboarded at all. i'm at a conference all next week, then i'm done at the end of the month, so i have 7 working days left

this means i wasn't assigned any work for the coming sprint, because odds are i won't be able to get anything done and committed in a week+, even really simple stuff, because of how sloooooooow this project moves. i've been averaging a little less than one commit every 2 weeks, lol

more falafel please

forums poster

this project is on its third iteration, i was brought on specifically to do networking/online stuff. i've done none of that in 3 years. but hey, a couple weeks ago i added a couple debug checkboxes to an ImGui panel and then it took over a week to get that reviewed and checked in, during which i couldn't do anything else

Ass-penny

gol DANG fiberglass makes you itchy

Ass-penny

do you ever feel like the more you get along with a coworker the less likely it is you have actual work-reasons to talk to them or that just me?

Chewbecca

rear end-penny posted:

do you ever feel like the more you get along with a coworker the less likely it is you have actual work-reasons to talk to them or that just me?

100%

Work discussions can lead to resentment (like "I do more than them" etc) and once you feel resentment for someone its hard to shoot the poo poo with them

Ass-penny

Chewbecca posted:

100%

Work discussions can lead to resentment (like "I do more than them" etc) and once you feel resentment for someone its hard to shoot the poo poo with them

drat, getting real flashbacks to old jobs from that post.

it's even worse when the people who do nothing make more than you (in my experience they usually do)

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Fer sure

Farecoal

There he go
I stabbed my left hand (right in the lower thumb meat) on a small metal spike while I was stamping some steel strips today. It bled quite a lot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

take care of yourself farecoal, also everyone else too