Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Oh great, I woke up in the mirror universe where Branco makes good cartoons again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I wonder what he wants done about predatory lenders.

Like the one in that cartoon.

That cartoon he made for Americans For Limited Government.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Remove higher education, obviously.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh great, I woke up in the mirror universe where Branco makes good cartoons again.

Check for goatees.

Kellies nomination: Worst label.

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Hitch, being from Massachusetts, would likely have drawn some banal comic about Mitt when he was our governor a few decades back. However, he's paywalled his archive and I'm not even free trialing a $30/month subscription to his can't-draw-a-face-in-profile rear end.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

HootTheOwl posted:

Remove higher education, obviously.

Probably this.

Every so often, Rall or the conservative cartoonists will make a Good Point in what is known as "Right, but for the wrong reasons." where they will correctly identify a problem, and then somehow find a way to blame the victim or the closest minority for it.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Neito posted:

Check for goatees.

Instructions unclear, found only goatses.

Skios posted:

Mike Luckovich

Eh, Any Day Now...

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Fister Roboto posted:

Since the person in that cartoon is wearing a mortarboard, I'm guessing that Branco's real issue is with the educational institutes, rather than with the actual predatory lenders.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

Since the person in that cartoon is wearing a mortarboard, I'm guessing that Branco's real issue is with the educational institutes, rather than with the actual predatory lenders.
Yes, it's a matter of him making sound points toward an invalid conclusion. The classic philosophical example would be Socrates is a man, all men are mortal, therefore Branco is a good cartoonist.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Rishi Sunak’s plan to stop small boat crossings — Rishi Sunak’s bill will ‘drive a coach and horses’ through protections for women who are trafficked to Britain as victims of modern slavery, Keir Starmer has said"

Telegraph:

Suella Braverman vows to 'push boundaries of international law' to stop migrants; Politics latest news: Starmer 'just another lefty lawyer' standing in way of solving migrant crisis, says Sunak

Matt:

The multiple times Gary Lineker has waded into politics on Twitter

Independent:

Times:

"The Times view on Gary Lineker’s tweets: Own Goal"

Evening Standard:

Emmanuel Macron to stretch out hand of friendship to UK when he meets Rishi Sunak in Paris; North Londoner Mae Muller revealed as the UK’s Eurovision entrant

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Governor Walz just signed an executive order that essentially makes Minnesota a trans refugee state. No extraditions, no subpoenas, no use of Minnesota law enforcement resources to enforce anti-trans laws in other states. I can only hope that this makes Branco collapse in on himself in some sort of hate-singularity.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i have been reading political cartoons for decades and they still have not progressed beyond "if this isn't a thing than why do i keep insisting it is?" and "are you really going to arrest mister dahmer, it was only one meal?" level of disingenuous.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Narendra Modi mixes politics and sport at India-Australia fourth Test with Anthony Albanese chariot ride (ABC).

Lethbridge:

Rowe:

‘Massive curveball’: stopgap purchase of US subs raises stakes on $170b AUKUS plan (SMH).

Wilcox:

Katauskas:

This is called "Lessons from robodebt - never be afraid to speak out (just don't be expected to be listened to)."

Knight:

This is on the report that the Andrews government in Victoria was using polling from QDOS to gauge the opinions of their lockdown measures.

Spooner:

The treasurer Jim Chalmers.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

China threat by Luo Jie

Le Monde

La Russie fait pleuvoir les missiles en Ukraine/Russia rains missiles on Ukraine by Soulcié from France

"What do you want to do after the war?"
"Live!"

Charlie Hebdo

Iranian girls in favor of school uniforms

Read from left to right:
The good things about the drought:
New species will appear like spitrows and tearing-birds. No more wanton opening of fire hyrdrants. No more wet t-shirt contests with buffons. The hicks will finally be able to leave their homes and incest behind. There'll be no more wind-shield wipers for parking tickets. The haughty salespeople of K-way (high-end raincoats)will disappear. And when the nuclear power plants explode the wrecking crew will be able to cross the rivers with dry feet!

TikTok offline globally
"I'll think I'll advance on my novel a bit."

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Fister Roboto posted:

I see Horsey has completed his transformation from milquetoast liberal to conservative psychopath.

You don't say? https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/campus-activists-need-perspective/

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

Governor Walz just signed an executive order that essentially makes Minnesota a trans refugee state. No extraditions, no subpoenas, no use of Minnesota law enforcement resources to enforce anti-trans laws in other states. I can only hope that this makes Branco collapse in on himself in some sort of hate-singularity.

Branco doesn't actually live in Minnesota, he's just hired by some right wing Minnesota newspaper (and whatever group sends him money for commissions). Surprisingly Branco rarely does comics about Washington state.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
:smugbert: "If you're not getting beaten and killed, you're not actually fighting inequality."
"But we are getting beaten and killed."
:smugbert: "Okay snowflake."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

InsertPotPun posted:

i have been reading political cartoons for decades and they still have not progressed beyond "if this isn't a thing than why do i keep insisting it is?" and "are you really going to arrest mister dahmer, it was only one meal?" level of disingenuous.
You know I don't think I've seen an ANY DAY NOW Iran-nukes cartoon in a while.

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

Don't these imbeciles know that subjunctive isn't a tense? Jfc...

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Pedro X. Molina

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Kirk Walters

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Mike Peters

Randall Enos - Artificial Intelligence

Dave Whamond

Bill Bramhall

Drew Sheneman

Adam Zyglis

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

AGC

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

gently caress off

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

The Selma marchers and Freedom Ride participants would be derided as woke SJW BLM antifa terrorists by the right if their protests took place today. AGC.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

idonotlikepeas posted:

[timg]
Dave Whamond

Please stop being this loving racist challenge: Impossible.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Technowolf posted:

gently caress off

You claim to oppose violence, and yet you use violence to fight against violence. Curious!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Mordaedil posted:

Please stop being this loving racist challenge: Impossible.
What am I missing?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Validation Culture

Ted Rall posted:

In cancel culture, people who do something offensive find themselves out of work. Shouldn’t it work the other way around too? Why not reward incompetent people with great jobs if it turns out that they are nice outside of work? Or are we just a bunch of negative people?

First Dog on the Moon: Try these handy and fun money saving tips for the whole family

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Trapezium Dave posted:

That's still better then actual reality.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Political cartoons 2023: night cheese

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Night Cheese to Mundo Fine...
Night cheese to the end...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0f0-6dFx-0&t=8s

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Holy yikes @Lester :fuckoff:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Hmm yes Keanu Reeves, one of the most kind, thoughtful and considerate people alive, a potential presidential candidate. What a terrible notion, preposterous

besides him being a Canadian citizen, of course.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Chris Britt

Gary Markstein

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Breen

Tom Stiglich

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Stiglich still carrying on his weird one way feud with a Jewish lawyer who he has to label in every instance.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

I'm assuming that there are a ton of this guy's cartoons claiming that covid is just a cold and that mask mandates and distancing are communist plots, right?

Lord Hawking
Aug 8, 2002

SHUT UP!
SHUT UP!
SHUT UP!!!

Oh no, Henry! Are big vroom-vrooms bad now?!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Just shows how key the giant gaping mouths are to the terribleness of hitch's cartoons, i can look at this one fine for once. Just the ideology is viscerally disgusting, as per usual. Can we get him to do more cartoons about people covering their mouths

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Trapezium Dave posted:

The Strugatski brothers were talking about "what if we turn things around and get rid of assholes even if they're good at their jobs" as an impossible lefty dream back in the nineteen freaking eighties. One of the basic idea of a leftist society, prioritizing community over enterprise. Utterly insane by the standards of leftist per-excellance Tod Drool.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Trapezium Dave posted:

Myspace wasn't founded until 2003. Even Livejournal wasn't around until 99.

It really kind of feels pointless nitpicking a Rall though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Man, Rall seems super sensitive about the idea that someone could get in trouble for saying stupid, hateful poo poo.

I wonder why that is.