Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Kith posted:

you absolute motherfuckers

That seems like something explicitly targeted at you Kith lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

someone asked me how far along i was so y'all get to see it too

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Reiterpallasch posted:

if you have retrofit escapade from last season you can basically just use it instead of your primary weapon.

Retrofit feels SO good this season. Even with the volatile rounds nerf/fix, this thing still melts enemies.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

TopHatGenius posted:

Why Hierarchy of Needs?

using circles created by other players makes you deal significantly higher damage, so it's kinda like outbreak perfected except way stronger

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Vex Strike Force in theory can give you an LSE as well but you have to camp the zone for hours, it doesn't guarantee you an exotic period, and there's no weighting toward LSE vs generic, already-unlocked-exotic

Also VSF hard-crashes the game most of the time (known issue)
VSF shows up as an upcoming public event on the Neptune map, so you shouldn't need to hang around waiting for it. Haven't had it crash on me, but the problem I did have with it the first couple times was just not enough people showing up. Not even people leaving mid-event, just nobody even entering the zone at all during it; my first try at it was just me and one other poor guy only managing to take down one of the 6 before time ran out.

That does seem to have improved the last few days though, with a couple successful events now (2 for 2 for exotics from it so far, but that could just be luck) so maybe it was just a matter of enough people getting their LL high enough.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

I think it actually IS a nerf, because it was doing hidden damage that wasn't counted in the results screen but moved the health bar and would kill the thing. It was doing like over a million before a debuff.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

drat, I was hoping GO would survive til the weekend so I could ruin Trials with it.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

arsenicCatnip posted:

drat, I was hoping GO would survive til the weekend so I could ruin Trials with it.

No trials this weekend anyway. First trials will be on the 17th

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

RocketRaygun posted:

No trials this weekend anyway. First trials will be on the 17th

I am really bad with dates lately, thought St. Patrick's Day was this friday lmao

also emp finish being blocked means they're definitely patching that synergy which really blows

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

arsenicCatnip posted:

I am really bad with dates lately

dinner and a movie is usually a reasonable move. so are fairs as long as you're wise enough to avoid getting on the rides

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

PERMACAV 50 posted:

What are you using?

Strand at first, but I’m 1765~ and switched to my main Ashen Wake build.

I just finished the campaign on my warlock, went to buy the Strand stuff and all the Fragments say “locked until 3/7” or “requires purchase of aspects and fragments used during the Lightfall campaign”. I’m guessing it’s bugged out?

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Strand at first, but I’m 1765~ and switched to my main Ashen Wake build.

I just finished the campaign on my warlock, went to buy the Strand stuff and all the Fragments say “locked until 3/7” or “requires purchase of aspects and fragments used during the Lightfall campaign”. I’m guessing it’s bugged out?

Reboot

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Still locked. Reset the PS5 and their still locked. Guess I’m waiting till 3/7/2024 to play my Strand lock!

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Yeah mine is like that too. I figured i needed to make some progress on something neomuna related and it would solve itself.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

its all nice on rice posted:

Season of the Deep actually refers to how deep Osiris wants you to study strand. Endless hours of him talking as you scream for him to just shut up and go away.

Radial mast guardian. Radial mast you must strand the radial mast with your radial mast. Strand you shall.

Radial mast.

I still made more sense than the campaign but I apologise for not saying radial mast enough to accurately capture the experience.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Guardian, Radial Mastman here, don't forget to try out your Strand grapple to get to difficult to reach locations!

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I’m thinking Legendary campaign isn’t for me. I’ve been fighting this Supply Master on mission 2 for over an hour.

is this the one with the drop pods? I made a really lovely diagram for someone stuck on this mission and it seemed to help them.

Basically, the drop pods only come down in phases, and those phases are governed by the boss's health bar. Stand near the start and go counter clockwise around the room. Once the pods come down in a section, they wont drop in that section again so you can move up. Once you see drop pods, stop shooting the boss and deal with the adds. Stay safe, you have plenty of time during this encounter.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Still locked. Reset the PS5 and their still locked. Guess I’m waiting till 3/7/2024 to play my Strand lock!

Buy the first one available. I had the same problem and it all opened up after that

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
That second bullet point lol

https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/1633990532023357440

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

It is recommended you stick your left leg in, you take your left leg out

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Does the specter of Niobe labs still haunt new content?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Future lmao at Twitter outliving D2

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Failson posted:

Does the specter of Niobe labs still haunt new content?

Nothing has been so bad since then, except maybe the LF campaign storyline

You can still visit Niobe Labs in the EDZ, but it doesn’t have anything (not even enemies) and you can’t get into Bergusia Forge

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

RocketRaygun posted:

is this the one with the drop pods? I made a really lovely diagram for someone stuck on this mission and it seemed to help them.

Basically, the drop pods only come down in phases, and those phases are governed by the boss's health bar. Stand near the start and go counter clockwise around the room. Once the pods come down in a section, they wont drop in that section again so you can move up. Once you see drop pods, stop shooting the boss and deal with the adds. Stay safe, you have plenty of time during this encounter.

That’s the one! I’ll probably go back and try on my warlock, but thanks for the tips! And diagram.

Panderfringe posted:

Buy the first one available. I had the same problem and it all opened up after that

Hey that worked, thank you! Didn’t want that one, but now I can buy others at least!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Panderfringe posted:

I think it says you have to buy "the fragments and aspects used in the campaign" before you can do the rest but it's not entirely clear, I think that might be what have happened

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Lib and let die posted:

Guardian, Radial Mastman here, don't forget to try out your Strand grapple to get to difficult to reach locations!

This is Jisu RadialMast, your favorite RadialMast on RadialMastmuna

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Stasis Freezeman

Burn Solarman

Arc Shockman

Suppressor Voidman

Strand Grappleman

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Also today I farting around with a Stasis NTTE build and I was shocked, shocked at how little damage it did.

Final Warning does, no hyperbole, at least 6 times the DPS (including NTTE's :evilbuddy:).

Solar still feels good though. Polaris is great for builds where you just wanna plink from afar as your teammates swing in to medium range. It's a chill Nightfall build.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

sure okay posted:

Also today I farting around with a Stasis NTTE build and I was shocked, shocked at how little damage it did.

Final Warning does, no hyperbole, at least 6 times the DPS (including NTTE's :evilbuddy:).

Solar still feels good though. Polaris is great for builds where you just wanna plink from afar as your teammates swing in to medium range. It's a chill Nightfall build.

Polaris is still good, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
[marcus Phoenix voice] LIGHTMAST BOMB

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

been playin destiny off and on since the game 1 alpha, never got into 2 to the same degree but im putting some time into it for the first time since before forsaken, picked up everything but lightfall on sale. sweet mother of macaroni this game has become bewildering. looks like the forsaken campaign got vaulted, which is a shame since i heard it was good, but i just started beyond light's. if i'm just trying to build up my arsenal and uhh, 'systems knowledge', what are activities worth doing? does it make any sense to ride around patrol zones doing events? does it make sense to run strikes for equipment? and which of the bajillion different vendors is it important to actually level or pay attention to?
basically i would like to get back into raiding eventually like i used to do in 1, but i'm not really sure what i ought to be doing to get there. i know the WQ campaign is supposed to be good so i plan to blitz beyond light pretty fast
i have precisely jack and poo poo when it comes to exotics but no idea where/how those drop nowadays either

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

literally follow story missions and do what looks fun, you'll progress in power automatically, there's zero point in optimizing anything, you can follow the guardian rank stuff if you want a guided tour of content

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

cool. just trying to make sure i havent overlooked some CORE LOOP of progression or something, the director's a bit overwhelming

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

nope, not only is there no real need, they've stated they're not increasing the power cap this year afaik, so once you cap out you don't need to think about it until the final parallelogram comes out

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The only real “core loop” is to do all the yellow dot activities on the map each week, and it’s also the way to get raid ready

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
one thing I like is how they tied an insane number of a stupid new kudos system to rank advancement and then made it so that if you lag some you wont even get the chance to give or get them before the "next activity begins" timer runs out

I really like a lot of what they did or I wouldn't still be playing but the cracks are really showing I think this time

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Guh...

Legendary Avalon is literally the most difficult PvE Content I've done in this game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I tried it at 1813 and I'll come back at 1830

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

fast cars loose anus posted:

I really like a lot of what they did or I wouldn't still be playing but the cracks are really showing I think this time

destiny.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

I tried it at 1813 and I'll come back at 1830

isn't it fixed power delta?

i soloed it with strand titan relying on the leg mods that heal you when you pick up an orb of power, but if you have a warlock i suspect that it's basically free to a contraverse devourlock, the eight million respawning adds would just be an early birthday present to a devourlock.