Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
A person counterprotesting the Capitol insurrection two miles away from the Capitol didn't get charged with insurrecting? Concerning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021

Sir John Falstaff posted:

Ah, I'm wrong. My last point still stands, though.

e: lol, in trying to look up ISM, I found the source of the claim--it's his mom:

https://twitter.com/mayemusk/status/1366972985228189696

lol the replies to that tweet are beyond pathetic

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

when he refers to "old school liberals" he's referring to the ones that were cool with the FBI going after guys like MLK, Malcolm, Fred Hampton, and the like.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

e: lol, in trying to look up ISM, I found the source of the claim--it's his mom:

That letter just feels incredibly painfully fake in ways I can't put my finger on.

The "To whom it may concern"? The formatting and phrasing? The fact that it's from the "Director of Information Management" instead of like... a teacher or dean or something?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Cthulu Carl posted:

That letter just feels incredibly painfully fake in ways I can't put my finger on.

The "To whom it may concern"? The formatting and phrasing? The fact that it's from the "Director of Information Management" instead of like... a teacher or dean or something?

It reads like an impersonal letter of recommendation. "Yeah this person did a thing and here's the grade. Nothing else to say"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It’s like the opposite of the fake Bush letter

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I liked his work for rollingstone when talked about the housing bubble, mortgage back securities, and all that.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

ruddiger posted:

when he refers to "old school liberals" he's referring to the ones that were cool with the FBI going after guys like MLK, Malcolm, Fred Hampton, and the like.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3cdqQ2BdgOA

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Taibbi thanking a guy who covers up sexual assault of minors.

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

If this is the fella that wrote the letter I bet he knew the family though rich people networks and did them a "favor"
https://www.unisa.ac.za/sites/corporate/default/Unisa-History-and-Memory-Project/Personalities/All-personalities/Marinus-Wiechers

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I am increasingly fond of declaring myself things (it turns out nobody really questions it if you say it confidently and fast) so am also now a Director of Information Management.

I'm going to work myself up to surgeon and then king. The king one is the hard part.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 19 days!)

Only test fucker ever passed was the paper bag test

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Jai Guru Dave posted:

Only test fucker ever passed was the paper bag test

They used a pencil IIRC.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

It has the same energy as this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
even if thats real your computer aptitude from 1989 has gently caress all relevance today. we dont need a test anymore to see that he sucks at everything he does except failing upwards

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Jesus fuckin' christ you idiots. We gave up that right after using it in the Civil War and then crawling back after losing.

Also, gently caress off back to California Elon. All you goddamn outsiders rushing here and trying to turn the place into what you want it to be are ruining Texas.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
In all the Elon towns there will be no streets. They will not be needed even for emergencies. There will be no crime, no medical emergencies, no fires in Elon towns. You're welcome to walk in Elonshoes, or ride an Elon Electric Bike. They are working on it.

For longer distances you can use the Boringtube. You must drive a Tesla, only. You must a schedule your trip in advance citing where you are, were you'd like to go, and when you'd like to leave by tweeting Elon. Elon will reply within half an hour. Your reply will cite a departure station that is 40 miles away and you will know there are 2 stations much closer. You're departure time is +- an hour off what you requested. The arrival destination is correct. Once in the Boring Tube on your display you notice the destination is no where close to were you want to go. Interesting.

The Boring Tube walls fracture, crack and crumble, flooding the tube with millions of gallons of water from the Colorado River. You die.
Concerning.

Also, in all of the houses in Elon town, in every bedroom there will be a painting, portrait, or picture of Elon attached to the ceiling, directly over the bed. You not allowed to paint over it or remove it. Every one of them will be unique. They are treasures.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Cthulu Carl posted:

Yeah, a few things seemed off to me too, such as the fact that the letter just said the aptitude tests were on "computer programming, etc." rather than describing what the tests actually covered, and that it explicitly said the results were "oustanding." Also, I wanted to find out more about those IBM tests, because it seemed a little odd to me that they gave letter grades--most aptitude tests seem to give numerical scores or percentiles, in my limited experience. None of this necessarily means anything, though, and it would also seem odd to me for her to put the letter on Twitter if it was fake.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I can't wait to start hearing about how Musk doesn't pay contractors, things breaking down, and others getting banished for criticizing his brain-dead plans.

Who are we kidding, he's never to going to do it. It'll be one more thing he said he would do and then went back on.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Yeah, a few things seemed off to me too, such as the fact that the letter just said the aptitude tests were on "computer programming, etc." rather than describing what the tests actually covered, and that it explicitly said the results were "oustanding." Also, I wanted to find out more about those IBM tests, because it seemed a little odd to me that they gave letter grades--most aptitude tests seem to give numerical scores or percentiles, in my limited experience. None of this necessarily means anything, though, and it would also seem odd to me for her to put the letter on Twitter if it was fake.

He took it when he was 17. It's one of 10 billion nothingburger high school aptitude tests that are worth more as toilet paper than as certificates

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Years ago here on SA, during the Obama era, someone (or maybe several goons) were writing fan fiction about "Libertopia", I think it was called? A libertarian paradise that some crackpot wanted to build on an island irl. I remember reading a few of the entries.

I feel as though Muskville could open up an entirely new chapter of that fan fiction.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There's two. One about 'seasteading' on the ocean (that was Libertopia iirc), another about a gun-worship town called The Citadel.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Which dead eyed psycho is Jim Jordan? I know I've heard the name recently but I can't remember why

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Yeah, it's "In Golden Waters" The original thread is here. The Libertopia story thread also coincided with the weird cyber dragon commune, producing a weird period of amazing stupid fiction from this site.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3438569&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Grammarchist fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 10, 2023

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Dabir posted:

Which dead eyed psycho is Jim Jordan? I know I've heard the name recently but I can't remember why

Former Ohio State wrestling coach who actively ran interference for the guy who sexually abused hundreds of kids. Also runs the official GOP twitter account and is a sitting US congressman, the usual.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The Lone Badger posted:

There's two. One about 'seasteading' on the ocean (that was Libertopia iirc), another about a gun-worship town called The Citadel.

This forum has always tended to be really good at writing fan fiction aimed at idiots like right wing editorial cartoonists and libertarian utopians.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Former Ohio State wrestling coach who actively ran interference for the guy who sexually abused hundreds of kids. Also runs the official GOP twitter account and is a sitting US congressman, the usual.

lol

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Dabir posted:

aka "Gym" Jordan because he allegedly let male wrestlers get fiddled with by a coach under his watch....

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cable Guy posted:

aka "Gym" Jordan because he allegedly let male wrestlers get fiddled with by a coach under his watch....

huh I thought republicans werent down with anything gay.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ups_rail posted:

huh I thought republicans werent down with anything gay.

They're into everything they accuse others of doing

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

republicans are into roman-style homosexuality where it's only gay if you're receiving dick from a lower class.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Elon's mom:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

FoolyCharged posted:

Jesus fuckin' christ you idiots. We gave up that right after using it in the Civil War and then crawling back after losing.

Also, gently caress off back to California Elon. All you goddamn outsiders rushing here and trying to turn the place into what you want it to be are ruining Texas.

lmao yes stop throwing dirt onto out shitpile your ruining it!!!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

iirc elon musk has tweeted on his mothers account to support his own arguments and such in the past

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1633952379493138432?s=20

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

lmao yes stop throwing dirt onto out shitpile your ruining it!!!

It was a lot less of a shitpile before a bunch of people moved here to make it into a republican "paradise" and those same people regularly are the ones loudest complaining about people moving in from California and trying to turn it liberal. (Hint, the people fleeing California to one of the most conservative shitholes in the country aren't the lefties)

I mean, it was still a shitpile before the gerrymandering and all that, but it was our shitpile

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

pretty sure if they did their three today, they would swap West with Dilvert burrito guy.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Ups_rail posted:

I liked his work for rollingstone when talked about the housing bubble, mortgage back securities, and all that.

I remember first discovering him when he wrote a long form article for Rolling Stone about the impending 2006 midterms. It was good stuff, and then like you said, his writing on the housing bubble and the ensuing financial crisis.

Then his brain broke checks cleared. Shame.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Kaboobi posted:

Nah, the bird flu was a convenient excuse that happened a year ago, it was just corporate greed hitting record profits, as always.

https://investigatemidwest.org/2023/01/26/record-breaking-egg-profits-prompt-accusation-of-price-gouging/

So the theory is they were chucking the eggs they refused to sell into a big ravine or something so they could jack the price on the rest of them? They gouged during a shortage caused by the bird flu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Serious_Cyclone posted:

So the theory is they were chucking the eggs they refused to sell into a big ravine or something so they could jack the price on the rest of them? They gouged during a shortage caused by the bird flu.

The theory is that the egg manufacturers colluded to set much higher prices while using bird flu as a convenient excuse. Because they all broke profit records despite the bird flu, which is strange