Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Shear Modulus posted:

his only contemporaries who were as explosive as he was were westbrook, rose, and maybe wade, and all of their bodies fell apart.

And when he wanted to, LeBron could guard them. I think there were a few sequences late in a playoff game where Rose couldn't get past LeBron at all on the perimeter and i was dumbfounded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Kings were up 21 against the Knicks but are now only up 1 at home. Josh Hart has been great. Quentin Grimes filling in well for Brunson who was injured at half

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

this kings game is high comedy they just keep letting the knicks miss and get their own rebounds to miss again

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

LIGHT THE BEAM

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://twitter.com/bjpf_/status/1634065001236267008

"Hard on Fox" summarizes the sensations I've been feeling all year

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m glad the kings are relatively good 😊

it’s been so long

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

look at this nonsense in the west

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

euphronius posted:

look at this nonsense in the west

its beautiful

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah I take back “nonsense”. it is beautiful

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

is the Kings/Pacers trade the most win/win trade of the modern era?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Yossarian-22 posted:

LIGHT THE BEAM

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If I were Sacramento I’d fall to 4 to set up a possible second round with Denver. Cake walk to the Western conference finals and you avoid Phoenix

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

If I were Sacramento I’d fall to 4 to set up a possible second round with Denver. Cake walk to the Western conference finals and you avoid Phoenix

lmfao

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
has anyone seen euph and perk in the same room together? no?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that would have to be a large room

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Was JJ Redick actually a good player? Perk wasn't lol

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euph on first take when?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

loquacius posted:

perk was the starting center on a team that would have won 2 championships if doc didnt coach them out of the 2nd one

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

loquacius posted:

yeah, he was a good movement shooting guard in his prime, even led the league in 3p shooting one year with 47.5%. he spaced the floor for the lob city clippers and put up 18 a game for these sixers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChT3ewZXTfM

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
please don't post that video

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

loquacius posted:

Reddick is the definition of "solid starter but not star player", in that if he's the star of the team your team sucks but most any team with an open spot at shooting guard could socket him in and succeed. He didn't have the size or athleticism to match up against bigger wings but he was a lights out 3 pt shooter in his prime.

He had a marginally better career than Perkins who was more of a marginal starter / good rotation guy who ended up starting more than he should have, but they both had solid NBA careers and played a lot of meaningful minutes on good teams.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
JJ Reddick is first ballot in the Hall of Very Good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=422Sc4NSlUU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Azathoth posted:

Reddick is the definition of "solid starter but not star player", in that if he's the star of the team your team sucks but most any team with an open spot at shooting guard could socket him in and succeed. He didn't have the size or athleticism to match up against bigger wings but he was a lights out 3 pt shooter in his prime.

He had a marginally better career than Perkins who was more of a marginal starter / good rotation guy who ended up starting more than he should have, but they both had solid NBA careers and played a lot of meaningful minutes on good teams.

he had more than a marginally better career than Perk. Perk was a stiff that everyone even at the time thought was getting way too many minutes; in retrospect, his numbers are indefensible and he shouldn't have even been in the NBA after Boston. he was a starter on a 60-win team and somehow had .474 true shooting on 11.5% usage and 28.8% turnover rate. he was averaging more turnovers than field goals made per game, which is an all-time achievement in horrible offense.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yep, top 25 in career made and attempted 3s, as well as 3 pt percentage, but that's about it. Can't call him a 3 and D guy because he wasn't great at defense, though I don't remember him being terrible at it, just quite undersized. He was the guy you had to protect in your defensive schemes but who made up for it on the offensive end.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fart simpson posted:

perk was the starting center on a team that would have won 2 championships if doc didnt coach them out of the 2nd one

bus rider

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

JJ went to Duke

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

JJ got roasted by the celtics repeatedly.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Matisse Thybulle revenge game

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

a new study bible! posted:

Matisse Thybulle revenge game

Rumors are he's fired up and could go off for as many as 8 or even 10 points, though I'm skeptical of the latter.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Embiid with a very clutch shot :)

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

And the Sixers won, Euph.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
blazers suck so loving bad, getting a 20 point lead is pretty much guaranteeing a loss at this point. embarrassing

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Im sure this Sixers team will inevitably let me down, but this is the most resilient team that Embiid has ever had. There have been so many games that they have crawled back into that would have been 3rd quarter blowouts in every other season.

Here's hoping it sticks through the postseason.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

And the Sixers won, Euph.

yeah turning it on now

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

missed the game but holy gently caress that was one of the most beautiful fadeaways i've ever seen

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

denver is about to lose to the San Antonio Spurs

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

the bitcoin of weed posted:

denver is about to lose to the San Antonio Spurs

lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004