Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Highly suggest that you bring Mersault to pretty much every single entity boss fight if you're having trouble, and set up your characters so you can use Chains as much as possible.

Managed to get by ch3 dungeon boss despite running basically the worst possible team for it thanks to him.

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Mar 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yi Sang's a decent alternative, Crow's Eye View also has an Attack Power debuff, and it gives everyone the Haste to pick their clashes the next turn without massively crippling Yi Sang himself like Meursault does.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Lord_Magmar posted:

They also cost sanity before they roll their coin, which helps a bit I imagine.

This is true. Max SP Rodion casting FMF winds up at 25 sanity, which is ~61.25% chance of heads IIRC.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

TeeQueue posted:

This is true. Max SP Rodion casting FMF winds up at 25 sanity, which is ~61.25% chance of heads IIRC.

I suspect Aleph's used unwisely might be expensive enough to go straight to negative 45 from even a moderately positive SP.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

as it should be, if you're willing to swing around the [CENSORED] bat

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Lord_Magmar posted:

I suspect Aleph's used unwisely might be expensive enough to go straight to negative 45 from even a moderately positive SP.

Our one alternate ZAYIN is 10 sanity cost, and all TETH and HE we've seen so far are 20 I think? So I'd guess we're looking at 30 in most cases for the Big Guns.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

So apparently N Corp Rodion is good? I thought so after seeing her kit.

I'm also preparing for the Ch3 dungeon and still undecided who to uotie and bring. As I mentioned I wanna bring BS Sinclair support and was wondering who to pair him with. Like Kurokumo Hong Lu is always mentioned as this insane identity and also Liu Gregor but I'm afraid Kromer's passive will make them a liability.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

dungeons are good for reindeer ish, since you'll definitely go long enough to safely mind whip, but also I didn't have lccb ish at the time, so she might be better

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

studio mujahideen posted:

dungeons are good for reindeer ish, since you'll definitely go long enough to safely mind whip, but also I didn't have lccb ish at the time, so she might be better

LCCB is cheaper to upgrade as a 00 and doesn't have the risk of worrying about Whip going wild, but does have to pay for it in Shove being 'only' pretty good instead of excellent: Suppress is already kinda Mind Whip Lite. If you already have fully-uptied Charge-supporting identities to leave on the bench I'd say Reindeer, but otherwise LCCB is the one with a lower barrier to entry.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

also mind whip gets a lot of heat, but flaying surge is power 6 with a +10 coin bonus. 16 is hard to beat

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

...let's be honest. It's way too easy to make jokes about nails and being gripped with all the dialogue in chapter 3.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I'm also preparing for the Ch3 dungeon and still undecided who to uotie and bring. As I mentioned I wanna bring BS Sinclair support and was wondering who to pair him with. Like Kurokumo Hong Lu is always mentioned as this insane identity and also Liu Gregor but I'm afraid Kromer's passive will make them a liability.

This is what I finished it with --

The core team for basically everything but the boss was L Corp Faust, LCCB Rodya, Blade Sinclair, Liu Meur, and Liu Greg. For the boss, swapped out the Lius and Rodya for W DQ, Blade Yi, and LCCB Ish.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I only have 121 thread to work with (so 1 000 or 2 00 to T3). Ain't turning any shards till we learn how good the thread daily is. Specially since I wanna get both Lantern and N Corp Mersault given my luck.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I would say bring Liu Gregor for getting to the end of c3's dungeon, but don't use 'em versus the boss. For the boss themselves you want good slash or pierce users that can work together to quickly mass relevant EGO sins... without Bleed or Burn. Without seeing your entire squad it's hard to say what to use, but Blade Lineage, Shi, and LCCB are all pretty ok for that I think?

IDK I took a base Sinclair to the fight and wound up making it through, so just follow your dreams and make sure they're uptied.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I only have 121 thread to work with (so 1 000 or 2 00 to T3). Ain't turning any shards till we learn how good the thread daily is. Specially since I wanna get both Lantern and N Corp Mersault given my luck.

Absolutely do two 00s then: A lot of the baseline LCB Sinners are very good (Heathcliff and Meursault especially), so always go for breadth until you have a full stable team comp before investing the heavy cost of a 000, IMO.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Junpei posted:

...let's be honest. It's way too easy to make jokes about nails and being gripped with all the dialogue in chapter 3.

mersault, bro . . .

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Do you think we'll get Synchronize EGO someday? By which I mean, EGO that remains "active" after you use it and replaces your Identity, like how Red Hood's EGO in Ruina worked?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I hope so, all the EGO armors and forms own so far

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

TeeQueue posted:

I would say bring Liu Gregor for getting to the end of c3's dungeon, but don't use 'em versus the boss. For the boss themselves you want good slash or pierce users that can work together to quickly mass relevant EGO sins... without Bleed or Burn. Without seeing your entire squad it's hard to say what to use, but Blade Lineage, Shi, and LCCB are all pretty ok for that I think?

IDK I took a base Sinclair to the fight and wound up making it through, so just follow your dreams and make sure they're uptied.

Ariamaki posted:

Absolutely do two 00s then: A lot of the baseline LCB Sinners are very good (Heathcliff and Meursault especially), so always go for breadth until you have a full stable team comp before investing the heavy cost of a 000, IMO.

Man, I'm still paralyzed. I've eyed out identities like LobCorp Faust or Seven Ryoushu for good Slash identities with no bleed or burn, but they're bad at fueling their own Egos which seems important. LCCB Rodion does seem good on that front but her skills feel like bad at clashing.

BTW, we got some more info on updates. Mirrot Dungeon will give a total of 750 Lunacy in weeklies (so 2 10-rolls a month), give 7BP EXP even after weeklies. Also on April we'll get Refraction Railway as our endgame (a dungeon with 13 battles using our own identities for weekly and dungeon rewards).

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Burn is actually ok as long as you don’t increase the burn count, as it does the damage and wears off before the passive kicks in as long as it stays at one count. You do need to be careful though and it’s probably not worth the potential headache if you have other options.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Some calculations from 4chan, for once the Mirror Dungeon starts giving out 7 BP a run:

quote:

TL;DR
If you're F2P, you get 160 shards
If you're F2P and grind, you get 424 shards
If you're a paypig, you get 480 shards
If you're a paypig and grind, you get 1272 shards

Calculations:
Dailies: 35 XP per week
Weeklies: 10 XP per week
Mirror (bonus): 60 XP per week
Mirror (daily without bonus): 28 XP
133 XP per week. If you're level 20 by the time next patch hits, you'll get 9*133 XP = 1197 XP. You'll get 80 levels on top of the lvl 60 limit, which corresponds to either 80 or 240 boxes, depending on whether you bought the BP or not (needs verification, I only saw one post mention it)
80 boxes = 160 shards
240 boxes = 480 shards
Now let's say you also decide to farm. Say you do the dailies for thread and EXP, at 30 enkephalin each, for a grand total of 60. As you earn 240 enkephalin a day, you get to convert 180 into modules. 180 enkephalin = 9 modules a day = 3 mirror dungeon runs = 21 XP daily
21*63 = 1323 XP = 132 levels
132 levels correspond to either 132 or 396 boxes
132 boxes = 264 shards
396 boxes = 792 shards
If you're F2P, you get 424 shards. If you bought the BP, you get 1272 shards, enough for 3 EGOs/000
This does not account for mini-events we'll get in the meantime, higher BP level you may have at the moment, or your stockpiled modules

Bonus:
If you convert 26 lunacy to stamina, you get 100 stamina, or 5 modules. If you do it for the next 70 days, you'll get 350 modules for 1820 lunacy
Doing so nets you 5*70 = 350 modules, enough for 116 runs. This corresponds to 812 XP, or 81 levels. This is equal to 243 boxes for paypigs, or 486 shards
You just spent 1820 (free) lunacy to get a 000/EGO of your choosing

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

That's some good numbers, but also, I wanna know if the thread luxcavations will have thread rewards outside the bonus three.

If they do I may just throw myself at them instead, tbh.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
and that math isn't counting the nominable box reward from the MD itself, just the boxes from bp levels
that said, diong 4 mirror dungeons every day sounds like a lot of grinding. or you could just do the 1 free one every day and then do 22 in a row on one of the weekends! :v:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I've been slow grinding it and hoping I can hit BP30 this weekend. Hit 25 tonight

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

On one hand, very interesting that you can like. Actually grind the gacha if you like. And they'd probably still get money from people buying lunacy for refills despite the "generosity".

On the other hand, sounds like hell, specially if they don't make Mirror dungeon a bit more varied.

I do hope thread payouts on dailies are reasonable, I still need like 250 shards for Gregor's Ego and a lot more for N Mersault, and I don't want to have to hit them for thread.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1634110447413792768?s=20

Some new info on a planned endgame content thing. It sounds alright, kinda like the abyss from Genshin, but I have to wonder why the heck this game released without these super obvious things. Daily content, an actual endgame, these things seem so basic it feels baffling that they weren't just default inclusions.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1634110447413792768?s=20

Some new info on a planned endgame content thing. It sounds alright, kinda like the abyss from Genshin, but I have to wonder why the heck this game released without these super obvious things. Daily content, an actual endgame, these things seem so basic it feels baffling that they weren't just default inclusions.

I don't mind them waiting a month before putting out endgame content, if only to prevent people from going crazy at missing rewards for fights that, it sounds like, they wouldn't have realistically been able to complete in that period. My only level 30 right now is base Sinclair, for instance, and I've been farming like a crazy person.

Some form of f2p refreshable lunacy they probably just forgot because Project Moon occasionally just forgets blindingly obvious things, though. :lobcorp:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I really hope the mirror dungeon can eventually get some exlusive enemies eventually. Having to fight the same handful of dudes is probably the biggest factor of why it feels like such a slog.

They could even do cool poo poo like give bosses extra phases in hard mode

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

would be nice if there was more mook variety yeah.
some more tingtangers, 2~3 fodder abnos for the fights, etc.
nothing fancy, just a little more color to brighten up the mirror runs.
or just more ting-tangers, that wee wish ability of theirs has potential

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
It'd be nice if they just slapped some NPC heads on some existing identities and threw those at us. Blade Lineage, Kurokumo, and Warp Jannies, as well as Zwei, Shi and Seven mooks, would add some much-needed variety to the Dungeon. Maybe even a G Corp boss using Gregor's sprite.

Hell, you could have an event at the hard fights where you run into Kurokumo and Blade Lineage mooks facing off and have to either pick one to back (get either an EGO Gift or a level up) or fight them both (get both and another Sinner). Or you decide to take a WARP train and have to fight a couple waves of horrors and abnormalities before the WARP crew come in to clean up.

If Corroded EGO didn't only have one attack I'd also suggest having Corroded L-Corp employees be boss fights.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Mar 10, 2023

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

GilliamYaeger posted:

It'd be nice if they just slapped some NPC heads on some existing identities and threw those at us. Blade Lineage, Kurokumo, and Warp Jannies, as well as Zwei, Shi and Seven mooks, would add some much-needed variety to the Dungeon. Maybe even a G Corp boss using Gregor's sprite.

Hell, you could have an event at the hard fights where you run into Kurokumo and Blade Lineage mooks facing off and have to either pick one to back (get either an EGO Gift or a level up) or fight them both (get both and another Sinner). Or you decide to take a WARP train and have to fight a couple waves of horrors and abnormalities before the WARP crew come in to clean up.

If Corroded EGO didn't only have one attack I'd also suggest having Corroded L-Corp employees be boss fights.

I assume part of it's them wanting to save content for future story chunks. (And also saving them for when they have a better grip on what makes a fun enemy to fight in Limbus Company.)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They really need to do something about the UI on phones. The Kromer fight got me to actually DL on steam and merge my account over since while the game plays fine with normal enemies or Abnormalities you can just auto battle on (and win) it is soooo finnicky to actually target select and also view the clashes correctly etc on a tiny screen.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
A thought occurred to me just now and I don't know if I missed it or not.

What does N-Corp actually sell? R-Corp has a bunch of mercenaries for hire, W-Corp has their fun and entirely safe trains. How did N-Corp get enough wealth and power to become a Wing in the city?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TheNabster posted:

A thought occurred to me just now and I don't know if I missed it or not.

What does N-Corp actually sell? R-Corp has a bunch of mercenaries for hire, W-Corp has their fun and entirely safe trains. How did N-Corp get enough wealth and power to become a Wing in the city?
From what I can tell, literal canned experiences. According to Leviathan one of their premier products is the "Suicide Vending Machine."

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

GilliamYaeger posted:

From what I can tell, literal canned experiences. According to Leviathan one of their premier products is the "Suicide Vending Machine."

I believe it is also a theory that Kromer's vision of the future may be related to N Corps Singularity. A sort of, see your future/path in life thing that might let you experience say, suicide, without having to actually die, and the effects you will have on the world if you go with that path

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Then would it follow that Dante might have been from N-Corp?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
It took swapping out basically my entire team to make it through 3-17 and 3-18, but by god I made it, and with EX clears at that. And honestly, I'm glad it broke me out of using my usual squad.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

KobunFan posted:

Then would it follow that Dante might have been from N-Corp?

Eh, we already have Mersault and Yi Sang as former N Corp employees, and Sinclair as a K Corp citizen but related to a N Corp subsided cult. I feel like having too many N Corp connections is gonna be a bit of a stretch.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Eh, we already have Mersault and Yi Sang as former N Corp employees, and Sinclair as a K Corp citizen but related to a N Corp subsided cult. I feel like having too many N Corp connections is gonna be a bit of a stretch.

You forgot Hermann who jumped ship to N Corp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't tell if I'm not getting something or if the fights really are just more RNG than Ruina.

I feel like a fight is more determined by if say, Hong Lu gets Shank or Throat Slice in his grid that turn than anything else.