Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

This is especially true for shaman!!!!! Friends never let friends troll shaman!!!!

Snare necklace saved me a couple times soloing in tight spots where root breaks could've brought adds. Ogre stun immunity would've saved me many, many more times though (but then I wouldve looked like an ugly ogre and not a cool troll).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Snare necklace saved me a couple times soloing in tight spots where root breaks could've brought adds. Ogre stun immunity would've saved me many, many more times though (but then I wouldve looked like an beautiful, virile ogre and not a ugly, stinky troll).

Ftfy

Arae
Jul 27, 2003
Stats get so bloated race should barely matter. If you play past Planes of Power pick the coolest looking race.

Some expansions dig into the evil/good alignment. It's a pain when your boxes have a mixed alignment.

Make friends with an enchanter for the best race "project illusion".

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Arae posted:

Stats get so bloated race should barely matter.

Okay but this is exactly the point.

Ogre stun immunity is never matched via stats elsewhere.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yes if Ogre is a choice you’re handicapping yourself picking anything else. Eventually you can just get illusions if you don’t like being a fatty.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Everyone eventually gets some amount of stun resistance. Warrior and Berserker become fully stun immune in DoDh, and are nearly immune anyway in PoP with AA/heroic stam. SK becomes nearly immune in TSS I think then fully immune in UF.

Shaman and Beastlord are never fully immune, and their stun resist AA are weak and a million expansions deep. Ogre is way too good for those classes if you plan to do much soloing, and especially in PoP and beyond where bash stun seems to become way more frequent. I always under valued ogre stun immunity until playing beyond PoP, it’s ridiculously useful when dealing with groups of yellow/red cons. Pulling in RSS would have been a nightmare without it.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Solarin posted:

it’s ridiculously useful when dealing with groups of yellow/red cons. Pulling in RSS would have been a nightmare without it.

I agree with everything you said with this exception: ogre stun immunity is only for hits you take in the front. You can still get stunned if you’re pulling and they hit you from the back.

So, you could, I guess, strafe back to your camp while pulling, but honestly, bard speed is where it’s at.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

koreban posted:

I agree with everything you said with this exception: ogre stun immunity is only for hits you take in the front. You can still get stunned if you’re pulling and they hit you from the back.

So, you could, I guess, strafe back to your camp while pulling, but honestly, bard speed is where it’s at.

Pull backwards, duh.

Not even joking, it's a technique I've seen warriors use when getting stunned is more deadly than taking a few hits to the face.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

jetz0r posted:

Pull backwards, duh.

Not even joking, it's a technique I've seen warriors use when getting stunned is more deadly than taking a few hits to the face.

Sure. I’ve done it, myself on boss pulls and particularly dangerous nameds.

RSS was the example and that zone really isn’t it.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

it’s more that when I pulled as a shaman in the 70s I did it by slowing everything one by one which meant building up a small train of things beating on me and channeling heals to stay alive. Once I had more than I could survive face tanking I’d return to camp. It was a slow method but necessary since I usually had no real tank to control huge unslowed trains, and the very long pulls made small pulls feel like a waste of time.

definitely had selos and wasn’t walking backwards through that huge rear end zone unless selos faded near camp and I had 7 things wailing on my back.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Got my cleric to 65, about 100 AA’s and just finished his epic. I forgot what a game changer having a box is.

Bike Thief
May 31, 2004
Some guy made a free Windows tool for Alt+Tab'ers who are sick of Alt+Tabbing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL9b0kz02Zc

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

following the recent creation of world of warcraft geoguesser, someone made one for classic Everquest (thru velious), pretty neat to check out. It seems like each location is handpicked tho so there's probably a limited selection but you probably won't get stuck with some dumb bullshit unidentifiable hallway in the qeynos sewers or something. First try i nailed 4/5 (to within a handful of points anyway), the one i missed was splitpaw because I've never really spent any time in that dungeon even in casual exploration

https://www.eq-guessr.com/

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Indecisive posted:

following the recent creation of world of warcraft geoguesser, someone made one for classic Everquest (thru velious), pretty neat to check out. It seems like each location is handpicked tho so there's probably a limited selection but you probably won't get stuck with some dumb bullshit unidentifiable hallway in the qeynos sewers or something. First try i nailed 4/5 (to within a handful of points anyway), the one i missed was splitpaw because I've never really spent any time in that dungeon even in casual exploration

https://www.eq-guessr.com/

That was fun. I was 5/5 on zones, but on a Frontier Mountain question I was on the exact opposite side of the map.
22897 / 25000.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
https://www.eq-guessr.com/play?eq=95ImIvf6wCv2copswIPy
5 Rounds - 24897 out of 25000

First try. Having spent tens of thousands of hours in EQ I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

Node fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Mar 6, 2023

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This doesn’t work well on my phone at all so I’ll have to try it when I get home.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I’m getting destroyed by zones that I’m only familiar with on the TLP revamps like Freeport/ECommons. Daybreak loving me over again.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

I haven't yet guessed a zone wrong.. this is troubling.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

5/5 on first try, then 20/25 on my second run.

Some of these are clearly biased against those of us who never had to run between zones.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

haha, oh you can turn the camera around? gently caress i've spent too much time logged in

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

you can disable pan + zoom for challenge modes but otherwise yea you get a 360 view that you can look around with. havent been playing too much but did get my first repeat location (the WFP arena i missed my first run). as someone who didn't play on p99 much its nostalgic to see the old zones again. its a bit annoying trying to pin locations on the old busted rear end hand drawn maps, but those were the most popular ones back in the day. got the location for the monk epic in LOIO and its just out in the middle of the water not marked on that map. also had to guess the location of some random rear end room in droga/nurga with no landmarks and actually managed to get it right by looking at where the paths were and the shape of the room

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

5/5, not surprising though because I'm a giant loser. One of them put me right at the mouth of the EC tunnel, lol.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Guys can I get some hints here please

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I think that's from Asheron's Call

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I just about had a nearly perfect round except I thought a random garbage island in oot was erud's crossing

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

blatman posted:

I just about had a nearly perfect round except I thought a random garbage island in oot was erud's crossing

Heh, I missed one that was in Erud's Crossing, because I thought it was in OOT.

(TBF I forgot Erud's Crossing exists, I bet I've spent a total of 60 seconds in that zone).

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
I had one image that was just a pair of rocks in the middle of the ocean. Guessed Ocean of Tears correctly.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Thinking about the new TLPs in May - for me to jump ship from my current TLP they'd have to come up with something new. What I'd like is some combination of,

Relaxed True-Box from day 1
Michief Loot
Start in Luclin
Mercs a lot earlier
Resting Regen from day 1

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is it possible for them to add mercs out of era?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

RCarr posted:

Is it possible for them to add mercs out of era?

It seems entirely possible right now. You can hire a merc at level 1 in a Classic town.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I want mischief loot and bst/zerker available in classic

I have no idea if either bst or zerker would be any good at level 50 with classic gear, I expect bst would be strong solely because of the pet procs

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I think the devs finally fixed mobs in the most recent expansion being fully slowable, I noticed the partial slow messages ending up in my spam window again and I don't know how long it's been fixed for

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

We finally got a 2nd Shinai to drop. 2 more and I can finally get one!

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

I think I would like a luclin start with mischief loot. Relaxed multibox would be a sweet handy thing but reality is I expect I would just continue using HKN / my other tools to control my three idiots simultaneous.

But I guess that is my question: how does multiboxing on a single pc work, a lot of alt tabbing? Or does AHK have the ability to send to individual clients in EQ? I don’t remember that working in the past. If I had to manually control three clients on a pc with alt tab I would probably just still use three different computers with my macro setup.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just in case anyone else is playing live - the new anniversary mission is dropping decent type 18 augs:

I saw an accuracy and an ac softcap one linked but I don't have a screenshot of them

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

blatman posted:

just in case anyone else is playing live - the new anniversary mission is dropping decent type 18 augs:

I saw an accuracy and an ac softcap one linked but I don't have a screenshot of them

Hachi machi

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
just what we need more procs for more lag.

blatman posted:

I want mischief loot and bst/zerker available in classic

I have no idea if either bst or zerker would be any good at level 50 with classic gear, I expect bst would be strong solely because of the pet procs

the zerk epic is techicnally doable in kunark if they allow them to do their epic they might compete with mnks for alittle while but in luclin and pop they will fall down far. if they cant they will suck until omens when t hey get access to their 2.0 in which case coming out on top vs monks on short fights and coming in 2nd under mnks on longer fights. source i main a zerk on rizlona.

bst probably wont be strong because motm will get them murdered until god just like mages. all their pet procs are stuns and t hey are the highest threat dps in the game for the lowest returns. them being a hybrid makes them poo poo until por / tss and they stay worse then bards for as long as ive played one on rizlona. they are basically the 2nd bard in my group right now. everyone keeps telling me they will get good but my bst is a trash can with tower 1hb weapons and im fairly certain im playing him correctly. hard to compete on dps when 30% of your mana is reserved for buffing 8 dps and about 15% of your melee time is interupted keeping that buff up. they should really make fero group in omens and not voa.

snergle fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 24, 2023

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
They’re starting to address the proc bloat. They revamped bane strike recently so that’s it’s a flat %dps increase and no longer proc based which rolled out last patch about ten or so days ago.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Yiggy posted:

They’re starting to address the proc bloat. They revamped bane strike recently so that’s it’s a flat %dps increase and no longer proc based which rolled out last patch about ten or so days ago.

Honestly, this is one of the best changes I’ve heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

only problem being you need to do all those deranged ‘kill 10,000 turtles’ achievements to max out the bonus