Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Evilreaver posted:

So how are those headphones working out for her

This is a known issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunk mutt
Jul 5, 2011

I just think they're neat

`Nemesis posted:

dinner is ready!

I got here and...I loving hate the internet.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Captain Hygiene posted:

This is a known issue

I find myself having a clear preference here.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Karate Bastard posted:

I find myself having a clear preference here.
any answer besides human ears on top is wrong

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh come on how can you not love the little poo poo goblin bottom right?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Cat with human ears just looks like a pygmy marmoset or some other species of ape.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Faustian Bargain posted:

any answer besides human ears on top is wrong

I strongly favor “???”.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Karate Bastard posted:

Oh come on how can you not love the little poo poo goblin bottom right?

turn on your monitor

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

There's a long-running series of Japanese commercials featuring a fox girl (long story, but it makes sense in context). In one, she's arguing with a guy and sticks her fingers in where her human ears would be (hidden under her hair) while doing a "la la I can't hear you" thing, and the guy is like, "Oh, is that where your ears are?" She is mortified.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/finmoorhouse/status/1633903047934918656

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Why wouldn't you label her nametag Laika, instead of Dog?

I have no idea what this means so I'm just gonna assume dude posted something dumb.

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie

There's an old joke about a topologist going to the breakroom and trying to fill a donut with the Keurig.

Dick Burglar posted:

I have no idea what this means so I'm just gonna assume dude posted something dumb.

Topology is a weird field, the concept to understand here is that "without cutting and pasting or adding/removing holes, can you continuously transform x shape into y shape?". If you can, then in topology, those objects are topologically identical -- they have the same number of surfaces, and holes. In this instance, you can, even though it looks like you'd have to break one of the "cuffs" there to do so.

https://twitter.com/finmoorhouse/status/1633903069053485056?s=20

Archonet fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Mar 10, 2023

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
is there some trick to getting it on there like those horseshoe puzzles

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Reminds me of this oldie,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banach%E2%80%93Tarski_paradox

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Reminds me of this oldie,

Ah, good old Banach-Tarski. That's my favorite maths mindfuck, Vsauce did a great video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s86-Z-CbaHA

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie

"The pioneers used to ride these babies for miles!"

also:

"Get on, loser, we're going hopping."

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Extremely blessed

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He can only eat one of them, and the rest get a free ride. This is the power of solidarity

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

You'd be astonished how many family arguments you can prevent at Christmas by simply keeping some bolt cutters to hand to ensure all of those sort of puzzles are solvable.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

No those puzzles are solvable, I don't think you're getting that ring on that bigger loop

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It helps if you realize that Topology is just the study of silly putty.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

E:

nws just in case: Nude dudes hanging out

Radio Paranoia fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 10, 2023

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Archonet posted:

There's an old joke about a topologist going to the breakroom and trying to fill a donut with the Keurig.

Topology is a weird field, the concept to understand here is that "without cutting and pasting or adding/removing holes, can you continuously transform x shape into y shape?". If you can, then in topology, those objects are topologically identical -- they have the same number of surfaces, and holes. In this instance, you can, even though it looks like you'd have to break one of the "cuffs" there to do so.

I understand it but I still furiously object to it.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Archonet posted:

I'm sure it has some practical use somewhere (even if that "practical" use is deeply theoretical--I just mean, something that isn't stupid party tricks like this), but this just strikes me as someone bragging that "I came up with a novel idea that only works if everything in the world is made out of play-dough." Like, if you need this level of deeply tortured 'logic' to make a concept work, your concept sucks.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Dick Burglar posted:

I'm sure it has some practical use somewhere (even if that "practical" use is deeply theoretical--I just mean, something that isn't stupid party tricks like this), but this just strikes me as someone bragging that "I came up with a novel idea that only works if everything in the world is made out of play-dough." Like, if you need this level of deeply tortured 'logic' to make a concept work, your concept sucks.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Dick Burglar posted:

The 2016 Nobel prize in physics was given to scientists using topology to investigate solid state physics.
https://www.aps.org/publications/apsnews/201611/nobel.cfm

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Topology has applications in basically every field of science and engineering but they're not at all accessible and so you don't hear much about them. It also touches on a lot of really weird things in a way that other fields of mathematics don't, and they're often possible to visualize, so you get some pretty cursed images sometimes.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Archonet posted:

The fun part is that from a topological perspective, I think that it means the inside of the free cuff is actually the outside of the locked cuff.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

is there bottomology?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The Cursed Images Thread: cursed discussion

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

ultrafilter posted:

Topology has applications in basically every field of science and engineering but they're not at all accessible and so you don't hear much about them. It also touches on a lot of really weird things in a way that other fields of mathematics don't, and they're often possible to visualize, so you get some pretty cursed images sometimes.

At my last job, graph theory came up a lot for various problems in power grid simulations. I certainly wasn't aware of it before then, despite having spent at least 12 years in higher education at that point.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

spaceblancmange posted:

is there bottomology?

I've got it down to a science

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Usul has called a big one!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Those three toads on the right:

Looks like two are fuckin, while the third is either giving the bottom one a hand job or flicking it's little toad clit.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

wesleywillis posted:

Those three toads on the right:

Looks like two are fuckin, while the third is either giving the bottom one a hand job or flicking it's little toad clit.

Third one is that oily red bathrobe sexwatcher goon, but a toad. You know the one

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

They're calling it "Beastiality"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've never seen a mrbeast video. From what I have gathered, he is one of those generic youtubers who just does poo poo and films it but doesn't actually educate or write or anything like that.