Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Anyone remember Split/Second that game was dope, more racing games should let you trigger things to blow up the level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

deep dish peat moss posted:

Back when it came out a goon made a post about it in some thread talking about some of the weird items they had found like I think voice-activated pants and some other really weirdly bizarre/creative items. I cannot find that post though

This one?

ultrafilter posted:

奇怪的RPG

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256890230/movie480_vp9.webm
92% positive based on 50 reviews, but what got my attention is this tweet thread detailing some of the interesting effects gear has here.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

"deep dish peat moss" posted:

There's an incredibly powerful weapon that scales down in power the more recent your videocard is

Lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Expose yourself in front of a webcam to win the game

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Zathril posted:

This one?

The person who made that tweet thread is a goon and replied in that forums thread:

Lekon posted:

Oh hi that's me!

Glad you saw the thread, and yeah the game is wild beyond words. So much weirdness and so many weapons/armor/things need the use of the microphone. The loot is all over the place from an axe that only swings when you scream, an AK that you swing like a sword but fires when you make noise, a set of pants that the worse your graphics card is, the more bonuses you get, or possibly my favorite:

A set of earphones that give you huge bonus stats if your music's turned up to full, and changes the music track to the developer doing Karaoke.

Not one of those items is a joke.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
Shadow of Mordor but it's set in The Dark Knight Returns and instead of orcs it's weird mutant gang members.

I'll take my check in gold doubloons, thank you very much

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Anyone here play the Good Life ? On sale for $20 at the moment

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Mordja posted:

Anyone remember Split/Second that game was dope, more racing games should let you trigger things to blow up the level.

Nah, my memory of racing games from that time is all a Blur.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mordja posted:

Weirdly I thought about this game out of the blue the other day, I do remember genuinely loving that game.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Mordja posted:

gently caress yes, Split/Second was rad. The greatest injustice in the history of civilization is that it never got a sequel.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mordja posted:

It could have used a few more tracks by the time its single player was over but otherwise it was pretty great.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

brilliant. i love to yell at a game already

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Thoughts on co-op in Returnal? Do you generally want to solo for some period of time or something? Does it work well? Any disadvantages?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Thoughts on co-op in Returnal? Do you generally want to solo for some period of time or something? Does it work well? Any disadvantages?

Items/Health/Powerups are not shared. You can revive each other but that's about it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I only did co-op once and the person kept running ahead when I wanted to explore or break all the plants/orbs for more money or resin and it was pretty frustrating. I never tried it again, lol.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Mordja posted:

Certainly on my shortlist of "Single-Game Franchise games that should have gotten a sequel"

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

is rdr2 a "know before two hours is up" kind of game?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Mescal posted:

I don't think you'll get to the point where the game opens up before 2 hours are up but RDR2 is a long game (50-80 hours for an average playthrough IMO) and a lot of it is watching in-game cutscenes, so in that sense... yes. It's also a slow game and I personally mean that in the best way but it might turn people off.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Mescal posted:

I enjoyed the game overall but found the (multi hour long) tutorial bit very tedious.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Mordja posted:

Although you don’t trigger the track changing destruction in it, I suggest trying Motor Storm Apocalypse if you ever have the chance.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

deep dish peat moss posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1902710/Weird_RPG

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256918236/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1669639772

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApLFqTdeRS4

Back when it came out a goon made a post about it in some thread talking about some of the weird items they had found like I think voice-activated pants and some other really weirdly bizarre/creative items. I cannot find that post though

e: One of the items when you activate it plays an original song written, performed and recorded by the developer and you get a buff for listening through the entire thing. There's an incredibly powerful weapon that scales down in power the more recent your videocard is, or one that gives you a scaling damage buff that gets larger the lower you set the FPS cap. All kinds of wacky stuff like that. No idea if the game is good but it's an inspiration in item design :allears:

This owns

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Mescal posted:

You'll know if you hate the weighty character movement in that time, but probably not much else. Which I think is fine because that movement system seems to be the thing people fight about the most (I love it)

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Squiggle posted:

You'll know if you hate the weighty character movement in that time, but probably not much else. Which I think is fine because that movement system seems to be the thing people fight about the most (I love it)

oh and i forgot to ask, does it require another launcher or another account or anything like that?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So what was the last good, big budget linear FPS? Doom Eternal? Not including COD in this btw.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

has anyone even made a worse nemesis system game?

warframe went for a really half-assed implementation in their lich system. thats just a bolted on system to an older game though, not something the game was built around.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

It's very good with a best bud who's on the same page as you are. But with internet randos I imagine it's either impossibly awesome or incredibly lovely, with no middle ground.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Mordja posted:

So what was the last good, big budget linear FPS? Doom Eternal? Not including COD in this btw.

Titanfall 2?

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Unlocks are for host only (and you 'have' whatever the host has unlocked as the joiner).
It's fun trading off with a friend, useless otherwise for me. Unless you have everything unlocked and want the extra difficulty of 'what the hell will my coop do'.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

Resident Evil: Village.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Mescal posted:

oh and i forgot to ask, does it require another launcher or another account or anything like that?

Yeah, Rockstar Launcher and account. It works fine for me on the Deck, with the usual pain in the rear end typing on the touch keyboard.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

:chloe:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

anilEhilated posted:

I mean funnily enough my query did come from playing the (very short) RE4make demo and thinking, "there are still a lot of big, linear third-person games coming out, what happened to the first-person ones?" These days I guess you're pretty much just stuck playing indie retro-shooters in between the next id title...

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
One of my favorite high budget linear FPS games is Northern Journey and I’m surprised more people haven’t posted about it, maybe because the system requirements.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

I mean funnily enough my query did come from playing the (very short) RE4make demo and thinking, "there are still a lot of big, linear third-person games coming out, what happened to the first-person ones?" These days I guess you're pretty much just stuck playing indie retro-shooters in between the next id title...
I feel you there. It really looks like FPS games are delegated to either multiplayer or the indie scene today. And while I do love the renaissance of the retro shooter, I kinda wish we'd see more effort from the big names in the industry.

Also immsims. We always need more immsims.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Never heard of Dredge before today but it sounds like a chill and stressful time all in one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Vb-a2OLHc

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I didn’t play either yet, but I will eventually, but for some AA fps there was that 40k bounty hunter game that came out last year and the Terminator one from a couple years ago.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Ragequit posted:

Never heard of Dredge before today but it sounds like a chill and stressful time all in one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Vb-a2OLHc

I learned about it from the Demofest back in last October or so and I've been eagerly waiting for release, that little bit I played only made me incredibly anxious to find out if they can deliver with the full game. It's coming out later this month and I can't wait to play it.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

'Never pre-order' doesn't apply to Argentina :v: The RE4 remake almost TRIPLED in price before it even released, goddamn

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Azran posted:

'Never pre-order' doesn't apply to Argentina :v: The RE4 remake almost TRIPLED in price before it even released, goddamn

Maybe it's switching between the price of the original and then the remake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Azran posted:

gently caress's sake, that's not even regional pricing, it's more expensive than in USD. Did it even have a price listed before yesterday though? I would have definitely gotten it at 5k, but I seem to remember it was just "coming soon".

I'm so tired of this country. :negative: