Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

IcePhoenix posted:

That's surprising, Smith was still good last year I thought. Maybe he's just taking a hard stance on renegotiating his contract.
Or he sees the teardown coming and would rather gtfo.

If both Smiths do depart, there's very little reason not to go straight tank. Or to not fire Ed Ingram's pedo rear end into the sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The prez says ship him out!

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 10, 2023

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Harrison Smith definitely had a good season, it would suck to see him go. Z did not - he started strong and did virtually nothing down the stretch.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paracaidas posted:

Or he sees the teardown coming and would rather gtfo.

If both Smiths do depart, there's very little reason not to go straight tank. Or to not fire Ed Ingram's pedo rear end into the sun.

source your quotes

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Tell us what you REALLY think, Mark:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1634319612044083200

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1634320435838894081

LETS loving GOOOOOOOO

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I thought they were gonna get firsts from like 3 different teams.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Scipiotik posted:

The Multiple Trade down stuff was always like narnia poo poo.

My guess is they valued getting DJ Moore. Which is why they didn't get the 2025 first, and it dropped to a second.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Scipiotik posted:

DJ Moore is a huge, huge get.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

IcePhoenix posted:

source your quotes
I mean, I've been pretty consistent about my angst with the Vikings drafting Ingram and their responses afterwards.

As to the teardown, I really don't see a credible playoff team if either Smith departs and if both go, that definitely makes the Vikings one of the worst teams in the conference?

Dexo posted:

LETS loving GOOOOOOOO
That feels a little light to me, especially this early, but e: based on below, if Poles is that into Moore, then it's a solid haul. I'm not sure a rookie QB fixes Carolina's problems so that 2024 pick should be good too!

Paracaidas fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Mar 10, 2023

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

save big money at menards

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
That's a really good get

MaximumBob
Jan 15, 2006

You're moving who to the bullpen?

SKULL.GIF posted:

I haven’t posted here in like a decade, just lurked, but breaking my silence to say gently caress yes.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Woof, big trade. Congrats to Bears fans for getting a lot of value out of that pick. Two firsts, two seconds, and a low-end WR1 is nothing to sneeze at.

Y'all should be sending Lovie Smith a nice gift basket after he handed you that pick, especially given the org loving him over.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Bears got Fields a legitimate #1 receiver while also bagging multiple high picks out of moving down eight spots. They'll likely still be able to get Murphy or Skoronski or Johnson. Huge, huge win there.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/dabearsblog/status/1634322700112998401

lmao Poles really wasn't lying lol

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sucks the 2nd rd pick is 61

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

KDdidit posted:

Deep TE draft. They can get LaPorta at 61.

They also still have their own 2n.. never mind hahaha.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

:sigh: yep

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Dexo posted:

The Multiple Trade down stuff was always like narnia poo poo.

My guess is they valued getting DJ Moore. Which is why they didn't get the 2025 first, and it dropped to a second.

I know, I was joking. It's a good haul for them. Guess no one else was really close on compensation if it's happening this far out.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Moore's contract also isn't bad at all in this crazy new world of WR contracts:

2023: $19,965,000 guaranteed, $25,040,000 cap hit (pre-June 1 cut dead money: $35,700,000)
2024: $1,110,000 guaranteed, $20,925,000 cap hit (pre-June 1 cut dead money: $10,860,000)
2025: $0 guaranteed, $20,925,000 cap hit (pre-June 1 cut dead money: $4,875,000)

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

drat that’s a loving good haul.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If Poles doesn't gently caress up the #9 pick then as far as I'm concerned he's won Executive of the Year already.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

guys i'm literally crying tears of joy rn

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I know it's too early to be confident about this stuff, but how were Poles' draft picks from 2022? Did he knock it out of the park?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

That seems like a really good trade. That 2024 1st is going to be really valuable too.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Good trade Chicago. Got a weapon and a lot of draft capital to support fields or draft his replacement

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Now if they can teach fields to throw a ball

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Edit:. ^^^GET THE gently caress OUT WITH THAT NEGATIVITY MISTER

I like that trade a lot. I am a happy Bears fan today.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

surf rock posted:

I know it's too early to be confident about this stuff, but how were Poles' draft picks from 2022? Did he knock it out of the park?

Brisker and Gill have a future, Gordon isn't The Worst.
I can't name the others

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

re: Jackson coming to Detroit; it’d be cool as hell but I would feel terrible for Goff and I’d be real fuckin sweaty about Jackson getting hurt immediately

Jamaal has to come back after everything he did and becoming the next Barry Sanders. If this team ever gets rid of him I’ll be sad as all hell

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The Panthers gave up a lot but they still have a second this year from the McCaffery trade

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Has it ever happened in the NFL where players take less than they could get elsewhere for rings? Iirc that’s how the Wings had such an all star team in like… 2002 or 2004 when we had Hašek

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Now if they can teach fields to throw a ball

I still think Fields is a good passer, and I believe that the next stage of his evolution will be teams respecting him more as a runner and figuring out how to slow it down (not stop him, but make it less of a get-out-of-jail free card). If he can respond to that through the air like I expect, he's the next Lamar Jackson. If not, he's going to be smack-dab in that purgatory of "this guy will win some games, but I'm not sure he can go deep in the playoffs unless everything's rolling his way."

I dunno, I think this is the most excited Bears fans should be since the Super Bowl season. This is a franchise that looked completely dead in the water at the end of the 2021 season.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

surf rock posted:

Pretty bad. Gordon was a 2nd who turned out to be one of the worst corners in football. Jones was a 3rd who will probably not even be on the active gameday roster next season.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

Brisker and Gill have a future, Gordon isn't The Worst.
I can't name the others

Velus Jones showed some things when he was forced to be a reciever after everyone was hurt. Needs to work on that whole catching thing tho lol. Braxton Jones showed he has the skill to be a pretty decent left tackle, Homie just needs to live in the weight room.

Shout out to Lovie Smith, you a real one.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Dexo posted:

Velus Jones showed some things when he was forced to be a reciever after everyone was hurt. Needs to work on that whole catching thing tho lol.

Okay the one player I do remember is Velus Jones and you cannot possibly sell me on that dude, jesus christ

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Gordon is weird, I don't write off rookie DB's playing behind literally the worst pass rush in the league over the past like 6 years.

Mostly, I don't make a habit of writing off rookies. Especially Rookies on dire team without getting help from anyone else around them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

KDdidit posted:

My guess is that coming down off 39 (in addition to foregoing a 2025 first, and maybe pushing the other second back to 2025) was part of the haggling to get Moore included