Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Larry Cum Free posted:

Ok but the kid who is too young to drive like, walked this snake home around his shoulders and got it in his room with no one noticing?

Just strolling in the house with a giant bag over his shoulder like Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Cythereal posted:

Chatter on discord made me go looking for this classic from the last thread. For those who haven't seen it:

AITA For not punishing my daughter for mocking her cousin?

Oldie but a goodie, the Powerpoint titles always crack me up :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Midnight Voyager posted:

I just can't stop laughing at the commenter who thinks they lop off your balls in a vasectomy and make you shoot water, what the hell!
If only it were that easy to remove my balls, dealing with insurance and an out-of-state hospital is a pain in my butt.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

i am a moron posted:

Hes talking about a lil alligator/crocodile thing

This MF was like six feet long when he got rid of it. I'm just kind of baffled about how this all happened. I know I didn't hallucinate it but it feels like I did.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA For telling my husband that missing the birth of our first child is unforgivable

quote:

My husband (30M) and I (29F) have been married for 2 years and I am currently 36-weeks pregnant with our first child. There's a lot of things going on in our lives right now. My mom is currently staying with us because she's going to be in the delivery room with me for the birth and also staying with us for a couple months after to help out. On top of everything else, my husband got news earlier this week that his grandma passed away.

He was really close with his grandma. His grandparents lived on a farm and when my husband was a teenager, he would spend summers living and working at their farm. He wants to attend the funeral next week. He says that he already has a lot of guilt that he couldn't be at his grandpa's funeral 3 years ago because of the pandemic. I 100% do not want him to go.

I could literally go into labor any day. His grandparents lived in the middle of nowhere in the Midwest and we live on the east coast. The funeral is at his grandma's church which is a 4-hour drive from the nearest airport so if I go into labor while he's gone, there's pretty much a zero chance of him making it back in time, if I can reach him at all because cell service there is spotty at best.

We fought about it the other night because I told him I don't want him to go and that if he misses the birth of our first child I don't think I could ever forgive him. He said that I have my mom here and I picked her to be in the delivery room instead of him anyway, so it's not like he could be there for emotional support. Which, yes, I picked my mom because she was a labor and delivery nurse for 30 years and I want her there because I feel she would be a better advocate if I need one.

My husband is convinced that he can make it to the funeral and back before I go into labor, but it doesn't work that way. The baby is going to come when it wants to, not when it's convenient for him. My mom was trying to explain this to him as well and told him that his priorities need to be here with me and the baby. He actually snapped at her to mind her own business. I told him he can't talk to my mom that way and he said that he's not going to tolerate being ganged up on.

He has stopped short of telling me that he's going to go whether I want him or not, but I did catch him looking at flight times on our laptop last night. I asked him what he was doing and he said he wants to see what the shortest amount of time he would be gone. I told him if he leaves and the baby comes while he's gone, that would be unforgiveable in my eyes.

I feel terrible that he lost his grandma, I really do. But this isn't the right time for him to be away from home for any extended period of time. I need him here. I know he has a lot of guilt about missing his grandpa's funeral and that's probably weighing even heavier on him right now. But I also feel like his judgement is clouded right now and he's not realizing that me and the baby need to be his #1 priority right now.

Look hon, I'm sorry you missed your grandpa's funeral and I'm going to insist that you don't go to your grandma's on the off chance I go into labour a couple of weeks before I'm supposed to. You MUST wait in the waiting room!

Perfecto Landlordo
Feb 8, 2023

by Hand Knit
if some fuckin puttana ever tried to tell me I couldn’t go to my grandmas funeral, I’m going to get cigarettes and milk and this could take 1-18 years.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
I have very few hard and fast rules in life, but one is that if I see an AITA story with the word "cokewhore" in the title then I have to repost it.

AITA for calling my sister a cokewhore?

quote:

I'm 18f. I live with my parents and my sister, Joanne, 23f. Joanne has a cocaine habit and she claims its normal in her job and it's just the lifestyle of cheffing, yada yada. My parents seem to be ignoring it since Joanne pays her rent on time and keeps to herself when she's in the house and doesn't cause many problems.

I'm a college student on a government grant, and I'm in college Monday to Friday up until 5/6pm, working isn't really an option for me right now, so I don't go out much and I spend all my money on college supplies. Joanne doesn't seem to understand this and is always asking to borrow money and what not. I always say no because it works out that I only have €40 every week to spend on college stuff and travel to college.

I got a Christmas bonus on my grant and I ended up deciding to book tickets for a small ish local gig that's next week. I booked two, one for me and one for my best friend because her birthday is the same day and she loves the type of music, it was meant to be a surprise for her. I had told Joanne about this on one of her "good days" because I was genuinely excited to finally do something and live the college student lifestyle for a night.

The tickets were digital, on an account shared with my parents. Joanne had asked for the login telling them that she wanted to book tickets to something, but she was lying and used it to sell my tickets for drug money. I didn't find out until I had gotten the email to confirm that the tickets were sent to someone else and I was really confused at first. I checked and they were sent to someone I know Joanne knows.

I went straight to her when she got home and asked what the gently caress she did, and she tried lying but I showed her proof it went to someone she knows and told her I wanted my money back then and there. She told me it was gone already. I lost my mind and started yelling at her, because it wasn't fair.

My mom was just in from work and I was screaming at my sister who was crying at that point saying she was sorry and she didn't know it would upset me this much. My mom got involved and told me to keep my voice down and we'll talk about it, and I told her to shut up and stay out of it. I ended up saying something along the lines of "why is it fair that you get to do this to me when I've never even drank alcohol or smoked weed, why does the cokewhore get to be the golden child bit not me?".

My mom stepped in and put a stop to it then and there, my sister had started screaming back at me for what I called her. My mom said that was out of line and she just made a mistake. I told my mom her mistake cost me the only night out ill have been able to have all year so she should hear what I have to say about it. My mom thinks I was in the wrong for what I said, and my sister won't even look at me even though its been 3 days and I've tried apologising. AITA?

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

FMguru posted:

I have very few hard and fast rules in life, but one is that if I see an AITA story with the word "cokewhore" in the title then I have to repost it.

AITA for calling my sister a cokewhore?
The tickets were digital, on an account shared with my parents.
Uh what?

You're supposed to be an adult, how the hell do you not have your own email address etc?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Cythereal posted:

Chatter on discord made me go looking for this classic from the last thread. For those who haven't seen it:

My daughter (15/f) was shown a hurtful video made by her cousin (16/f)

quote:

I have a really good relationship with my sister and thought our families got along pretty well. My daughter is a little socially awkward and always looked forward to visiting with her cousins because they're around her age. It wasn't that frequent of a thing, just calls on birthdays, holiday visits, and the occasional family trip to the beach. With the pandemic, we haven't been able to do family trips, so instead we've started trying to stay in touch via family zoom video chats instead.

A week or so ago we did a call just to check in and say hi. My daughter was happy to see her aunt and her cousins. She had mentioned that the cousin closest to her age had been acting weird, but we figured it was just pandemic related stress and let it go.

We decided to stop by to drop off their Christmas gifts the other day and stayed on the porch. (For safety reasons because of the pandemic!) My brother-in-law answered (I'm pretty sure he's never liked me, but that's probably irrelevant) and told me to just wait there while he got my sister to 'deal with us.' While he was gone, their oldest daughter came to the door with a smirk on her face and asked how we were doing. We had some idle chatter, then she mentioned something about how if we had a gift for her sister (the middle daughter 16/f from the title) we should probably just give it to her instead, or take it back. I asked why, and she whipped out her tablet and showed me a recording of a presentation where middle cousin had recorded clips from the zoom call with my daughter and spent the entire time mocking her. I won't get into specifics, but it was incredibly hurtful, and my daughter started crying and walked away to sit in the car before the video presentation was even finished.

I was so shocked I didn't know what to say. By the time my sister came to the door I was in tears myself. My sister saw her eldest with the tablet and seemed to immediately know what had happened and asked her to go back inside. My sister looked at me and told me she was sorry, but all I could do was shake my head and gather the gifts to leave. I spent the evening with my daughter trying to cheer her up, but I don't think this is the type of thing she's going to get over quickly. I get that she's not as outgoing as her cousins, and that they just had a familial relationship instead of being outright 'friends' but she did at least think her cousins loved her as family. She and I are both crushed to find out we were wrong on that assumption.

I'm at a loss here. First of all, I'm not sure what I can say or do to ever repair the relationship between my daughter and her cousins. I'm not even sure I want to try.

Secondly, I'm not sure how I can ever be in the same room with my sister's children knowing this has happened. This feels like an enormous rift in our relationship that I'm not sure how to bridge. My sister has left a couple of tearful voicemails and I do truly believe she feels remorse, but I haven't heard a thing from any of the others in the family.

If you all were in my situation, what would you do to repair the relationship?

TL;DR Daughter was shown a presentation where she was recorded and mocked by her cousin. Not sure how to resolve this situation in a way that helps my daughter feel better and repair the relationship with my sister's family.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

PancakeTransmission posted:

Uh what?

You're supposed to be an adult, how the hell do you not have your own email address etc?

That's your main takeaway?

E:

The account they share seems to be for a ticket buying website, not an e-mail address. Probably set up before OP was 18 for family use.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

NGDBSS posted:

If only it were that easy to remove my balls, dealing with insurance and an out-of-state hospital is a pain in my butt.

All that and they didn't even get the correct side?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Could we not?

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Hughlander posted:

I would never talk to these loving shitheads ever again. The hell is wrong with this dudes sister. I have no illusions that me and my brothers kids (we are very close) love each other or anything, but we would never let them all treat each other like that or talk poo poo behind backs. drat. Poor girl

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

i am a moron posted:

I would never talk to these loving shitheads ever again. The hell is wrong with this dudes sister. I have no illusions that me and my brothers kids (we are very close) love each other or anything, but we would never let them all treat each other like that or talk poo poo behind backs. drat. Poor girl

This whole idea that you should always forgive family is such bullshit.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The people going "oh well if the powerpoint/video was really funny and the cousin never found out it's ok" is also some hot bullshit.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mind the walrus posted:

The people going "oh well if the powerpoint/video was really funny and the cousin never found out it's ok" is also some hot bullshit.

I think that's fine, because it's clearly trying to get her pushy-rear end mom to stop trying to make them exist in the same skin. She didn't make it to show the cousin or to show other people to mock her cousin, she made it so her mom would gently caress off.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Yeah if she had shown the cousin the PowerPoint, I'd have a problem. She didn't, though. Mom is the one having a meltdown that her daughter and cousin aren't BFFs and that slamming them together like dolls isn't making BFF-hood happen.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for calling out racist remarks from the brides mom at their wedding?

quote:

I was recently at a wedding where I was one of the groomsmen. I met the brides mom for the first time and had quite a few interactions with her before and after the ceremony.

Without being too specific, she made some racist remarks. I discretely told her that what she said was racist. Well, she didn't take that well and kinda blew up at me for accusing her of being racist. I intentionally used verbiage to indicate that her remarks were racist, not necessarily her as a person. I also purposely didn't bring it to other peoples' attention. My goal was to give her the benefit of the doubt while also informing her of how her words might be misinterpreted.

She demanded an apology so I said "sorry for pointing out your racist comments". Probably not the best thing to say, but I also wasn't going to admit to calling her racist because I very intentionally did not. She walked off, clearly unsatisfied with how things went down.

I did not interact with her much for the rest of the wedding, but I heard from my friend, the groom, that she was in a bad mood for the rest of the night. When we talked, he acknowledged that what she said was racist and that she has said that kind of stuff on occasion. He was upset with me for not keeping my mouth shut and casting a shadow on what was otherwise an amazing day. The bride is pretty unhappy with me. I apologized to my friend for causing friction because he's my friend and we are at least on the same page about the racism. He's not asking me to apologize to his wife/MIL but I'm wondering if I should.

So, AITA?

Tl;Dr - called out racist remarks from brides mom at a wedding and caused some stupid drama

Edit since everyone is so insistent on knowing what she said:

Claimed that much of the wedding staff were "probably illegals" and referred to them as Mexican (when they could be any variety of latino/Hispanic)

Told me I'm "handsome for an Asian"

This one might be a reach, but she also said "you must be good at math" when we talked about my job as an engineer

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Yeah if she had shown the cousin the PowerPoint, I'd have a problem. She didn't, though. Mom is the one having a meltdown that her daughter and cousin aren't BFFs and that slamming them together like dolls isn't making BFF-hood happen.

Did you see my post:

Hughlander posted:

Allegedly from the Aunt's side that she did show the cousin the powerpoint?

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Middle child made the video, oldest child showed the video to the cousin.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Hughlander posted:

That one honestly seemed like a creative writing exercise based off the first one.

I mean, sure, if they went and showed her the powerpoint they were total douchebags.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Hughlander posted:

Did you see my post:

Oop, I actually did not! In my defense I'd only been awake for like 15 minutes when I made that post, I should probably get coffee in me proper before I try posting. Apologies!

My point still stands- it wasn't the kid what made the thing that showed it out. Their older sibling decided that was a good idea, for whatever dumbass reason.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 11, 2023

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cythereal posted:

I can guarantee the cousin dislikes, or is at best ambivalent to the daughter as well.

Also that both mums were hovering in the background of the zoom call cooing to each other about how great a "family" they are and isn't it great that their daughters are such good friends.

The mums suck arse here.

edit:
Didn't see the update.

Hughlander posted:

Now this is just sad. True, the first mum still sucks for trying to force a friendship on the girls. But the first daughter is also a mean bully.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 11, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

WIBTA if I told my husband to clean his own poop off the shower head?

quote:

Ok, this is serious.

It has happened on two separate occasions now. I get in the shower, I look up, and there’s a piece of poop on our shower head. It’s detachable, so I assume my husband is using it as a bidet of sorts. But…he’s leaving pieces of poop behind, and I cannot for the life of me figure out a nice way to tell him to clean his own poop off the shower head. It’s freaking gross.

WIBTA if I just bluntly told him that he needs to clean the shower head after every shower from now on? How do I tell him this without hurting his feelings?
Well this is a new way to gently caress up personal hygiene.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Solenna posted:

Summary execution, no appeal. Next case!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Solenna posted:

ewwww

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Solenna posted:

I was gonna ask if he knew that you don't need to shove the whole thing up your rear end if you want to massage your prostate but if he's got poo poo just hanging out he's probably one of those "touching your rear end is gay" people.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
How the entire gently caress do you get poo poo on the shower head? Even if you're holding it and angling it up there? You're not suppose to wipe with it!!!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Are boys just never taught how to wipe?

AITA for telling my mom she can’t be in the delivery room?

quote:

I (F20) am only 6 weeks pregnant with my first child. I’m still planning and figuring out all of the things that go along with pregnancy and preparing for a baby.

Recently, I started to begin planning my delivery (i know it’s still really early but I’m just an overly excited first time mom) and I knew that my labor/delivery plan did not involve having my mom in the room. I’ve always been very private when about my body and I’ve never even liked for my mom to see me naked. My mom however is very open about stuff like that. To make things worse, my older sister (30) had my mom in the room when giving birth to her second and third children. When having her first child, my sister told my mom to wait in the waiting room while she pushed but my mom simply left because she felt disrespected.

Today i told my mother (F51) that she’s welcome to wait in the waiting room but i don’t want her in the room while i push. She said she just wouldn’t be there then. When i prompted her on WHY she wants to be in the room she simply said because her mom was in the room with her. I told her that’s not a good reason and that she’s not entitled to be in the room while i give birth just because she’s MY mom. Again i prompted WHY she wants to be in the room and she said “because i want to” to which i replied, “I’m the person giving birth so i think what i want is more important”….she had no response to that. She ended up saying that if she couldn’t be in the room then my best friend shouldn’t be in the room either and that it’s only fair that way. But my best friend (20F) and i have been friends for TEN YEARS and i AM comfortable enough for her to see me naked or talk about sex or other private things. It’s a completely different relationship. I can understand how my mom might be upset about it, but isn’t it up to me who gets to be in the room for this life altering moment in MY LIFE??

Now she’s giving me the silent treatment which really sucks because I’m staying at her house for a few weeks. Now I’m not even comfortable in the place where I’m staying.

AITA?

Man I would not want to ever be in the delivery room. You see the best and worst of people, and movies LIE about how easy and pretty childbirth is.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

giving birth isnt a spectator sport??

that cant be right

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

That woman's husband is walking around with a poo poo-caked rear end all day until he gets in the shower. My God.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I appreciate both your username and your avatar in this reply. Will knife crab be carrying out the execution?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

Are boys just never taught how to wipe?
No, we are. That guy is just really, really loving stupid.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Captain Hygiene posted:

Switch the hot water and acid lines, wait for the problem to solve itself

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Mx. posted:

giving birth isnt a spectator sport??

that cant be right

Is that the last thing we havent made televised live? I mean just imagine the commercials, let alone the bets and the Vegas odds!

To be fair, I've never been in a human delivery room, but I've helped deliver puppies, and a goat, and in both cases I simply had to throw away the clothes I was wearing because there was no way to get the blood or the smell out of them.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Solenna posted:

I appreciate both your username and your avatar in this reply. Will knife crab be carrying out the execution?

I hadn't thought about it before, but knife crab is absolutely up for the job

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

AITA for keeping my pet chicken even though it makes my neighbor uncomfortable?

quote:

I've always loved animals, and a few months ago I decided to get a pet chicken. I named her Lucy, and she quickly became the sweetest little creature. She follows me around the house and garden, and I love having her around.

My neighbor, however, is not so thrilled. She has complained several times that Lucy's presence makes her uncomfortable. She says she finds the sight of a chicken in my garden unsettling, and she doesn't like the sound of her clucking.

I tried to be understanding at first. I made sure to keep Lucy in a coop during the night, and I even offered to bring her inside during the day when my neighbor was around. But she still seemed unhappy, and eventually she told me that she thought it was "unhygienic" to have a chicken in a residential area.

I was taken aback by this, and I tried to explain that Lucy was perfectly clean and well-cared for. I also pointed out that several of our other neighbors have pets, including dogs and cats, which can be just as messy as a chicken. But my neighbor was still insistent that Lucy needed to go.

I don't want to get rid of Lucy, but I also don't want to cause any problems with my neighbor. AITA for keeping my pet chicken even though it makes her uncomfortable?

deeply unsettling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Terry Goodkind posted:

The bird let out a slow chicken cackle. It sounded like a chicken, but in her heart she knew it wasn't. In that instant, she completely understood the concept of a chicken that was not a chicken. This looked like a chicken, like most of the Mud People's chickens. But this was no chicken.

This was evil manifest.